6,094 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8269 Dec 16, 2012
Vehicular Assult, or Homicide. Ever hear of it?? Cars are a weapon when someone dies. A 3500lb car is deadly in the wrong hands.

Guns don't kill people do. Can't blame the gun. My 2nd Ammendments right gaurentee I can retain my weapons.
Do you really think they are going to appeal it?

They will have to pry my guns from my cold dead fingers.
tn hawaii girl

Erwin, TN

#8270 Dec 16, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>And we're gonna stick to that propaganda no matter how many of our kids die in their class rooms. Who in the hell are you defending yourself against ? Do you actually believe the crap you are saying just to justify having military weapons in your home ? Why not a tank in the family garage and a 50 cal mounted on the roof of the suv ?
MY QUESTIONS EXACTLY!!!!!!!
tn hawaii girl

Erwin, TN

#8271 Dec 16, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>Cars are not weapons. Guns are made to kill. You have no logical argument.
Totally agree!!!!!
tn hawaii girl

Erwin, TN

#8272 Dec 16, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>The guy had a bullet proof vest on....chances of an armed teacher stopping him would have been low considering he was using so much firepower.
EXACTLY!!!!!! And a teacher keeping a loaded gun in a classroom of kids on a daily basis!!!!! Its NOT about your "GUN RIGHTS". Its about the safety of precious children!!!!!!
tn hawaii girl

Erwin, TN

#8273 Dec 16, 2012
redo your homework wrote:
<quoted text>that is really the kind of school i want my kid to attend one with teachers packing guns! do you realize how stupid you sound saying that? you cant be serious. what would happen if a child did accidently wonder into the desk of a teacher and got the gun {the gun you think should be in our schools} and accidently pulled the trigger? think about that before you speak again
AMEN!!!!!!!
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8276 Dec 16, 2012
You are correct. I could kill you by banging your head in with a computer !
And I am glad they are made to kill. Think of where this country would be if not for guns. They have been used to protect and guarantee your/our freedoms for hundreds of years. They were used to feed your ancestors.
In the right hands they are a tool. You can not condemn all guns, owners, and users for the actions of a few mentally sick individuals.

If you take away guns from law abiding citizens. ONLY criminals, law enforcement, and military will have guns.

I can see it now...
Someone breaks into my house with a gun. With full intent to kill me.. So what do I do??
Do I Say excuse me a minute.. I have to call the police, cause I have no gun to protect me?? Is this guy gonna wait for the 15 to 20 minutes it will take in my area for law enforcement to arrive? I think not.

I will keep my firearms and protect myself.

Asking us to give up that protection is nuts.

HickUp

North Augusta, SC

#8278 Dec 16, 2012
sindie wrote:
<quoted text>Apples and oranges. You have a weak argument. Cars are not weapons especially designed to kill. They are transportation. Guns are only for killing.....they have no other use. Many things can kill without being designed to do so but guns have only one purpose.
What about target shooting? It is an Olympic sport with no killing involved what so ever. I target shoot all the time, but I never kill anything, not even animals. Well, I guess it's possible that I might kill some germs or insects on my targets.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8280 Dec 16, 2012
Ain't arguing with a fool. You sir are a fool.
As far as me being next. That maybe so.. but at least I can put up an equal fight.
On the other hand all you could do is shit your pants and die.
Union Lady

Livingston, TN

#8282 Dec 16, 2012
Can't wait till laws on GUNS goes into effect,

I'm sure Michigan's been on your mind. It certainly has been on mine.

Though Tea Party extremists and their right-wing millionaire friends were able to
force through attacks on the middle class this past week, the people of Michigan
stood up in historic ways. They know that Governor Rick Snyder and the legislators
who voted with him care more about campaign donations from rich people than about
their constituents.

But we still have a lot of work to do to cut through the decades of lies and
hundreds of millions of dollars spent to demonize nurses, firefighters, teachers and
other hard-working people.

We're fighting back against the negative stories the national news media is putting
out about our movement by establishing a [
http://act.aflcio.org/c/18/p/dia/action3/comm... ] Message
Movers team-folks who are willing to push back against biased stories about unions
through social media and email.[
http://act.aflcio.org/c/18/p/dia/action3/comm... ]

It's been an inspiring year. When faced with disgusting political pandering and
unwarranted attacks, families from California to Maine have fought back, occupied
and stood up.

We've streamed by the tens of thousands into state capitols and organized in the
face of oppression, for stronger communities, better schools, workers' rights and
good jobs for everyone. This is what the labor movement has been about since its
inception, and it's a proud tradition we must carry on.

I'm tired of hearing stories twisting the truth about working families planted by
greedy CEOs, the Koch brothers, Karl Rove and other right-wing extremists and their
front groups. They're happy to throw us under the bus to consolidate their own
political power and wealth.

The truth-what they try hard to hide on Fox News and talk radio-is we are the people
rebuilding the World Trade Center [
&am p;list=PLC4B6919017E2BA5E& amp;index=7 ]
and helping to change lives, like aiding those with visual impairments through the
Guide Dogs of America program [
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
].

We are the ones who pull people from burning buildings or respond to disasters like
Hurricane Sandy. We are the ones who provide food, gifts or a helping hand to
families during the holiday season [
http://www.aflcio.org/Blog/Community-Services...
]. We are the people who built this country, defend it and who make it run every
day.

We know the 1% will keep using their vast money and power to continued this stale
narrative. But, as this past year has shown, money only goes so far. Working
together we can cut through their deceptive narrative and make sure people know what
being a union member is really about.

Become a Message Mover and change the conversation with us:

go.aflcio.org/message-mover [
http://act.aflcio.org/c/18/p/dia/action3/comm... ]

In Solidarity,

Richard Trumka
President, AFL-CIO
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8285 Dec 16, 2012
Blah blah blah...well now.. I could use my hands to kill, they are registered weapons. You have to do that when you're a certified black belt ya know. But yes...I prefer not to get within reach of a man with a gun unless absolutely necessary.
Coward... yeah that is why I served 22 years in the Army.
I protected you and yours, seen combat on the front lines.
So go blow it up your skirt.
Fat Albert

Knoxville, TN

#8287 Dec 16, 2012
I think we are overlooking the fact that guns don't kill! People kill. The reason most school shootings happen is because of misunderstood children. Our schools are so overcrowded our teachers don't have time to handle student problems. Those problem become larger and larger and it ends up with someone dying.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8289 Dec 16, 2012
Go ahead and keep talking out your azz. It's really funny.
Bet you think wrestling is real too.

Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8290 Dec 16, 2012
Infinity wrote:
<quoted text>It's laughable that everyone here is a veteran or black belt. On the computer you can be anyone you want. You sound more like a little guy to me . Hiding behind your keyboard. Why not trying that out on real people sometimes and see what happens.
Any time you feel froggy just jump.
Wondering

Crossville, TN

#8293 Dec 16, 2012
According to CBS News, someone phoned in and threatened to kill everyone in a church service in Newtown, Connecticut today only days after the horrific school shootings.

Wonder if the Libs will now call for banning all telephones?
Duh

Knoxville, TN

#8294 Dec 16, 2012
Wondering wrote:
According to CBS News, someone phoned in and threatened to kill everyone in a church service in Newtown, Connecticut today only days after the horrific school shootings.
Wonder if the Libs will now call for banning all telephones?
They didn't threaten to kill everyone. They called in a bomb threat. And it's not DAYS after. It was only day before yesterday. And it's bombs they will try to ban next.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8295 Dec 16, 2012
Very Funny wrote:
<quoted text>Try a tough man match sometime marine....see for yourself.
Been ther done that boy.. You want to give me a try?
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#8298 Dec 16, 2012
Blah blah blah... You seem like you should know.. You been playing tough guy for awhile.
Too bad we all know your a puss.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8299 Dec 17, 2012
redo your homework wrote:
<quoted text>that is really the kind of school i want my kid to attend one with teachers packing guns! do you realize how stupid you sound saying that? you cant be serious. what would happen if a child did accidently wonder into the desk of a teacher and got the gun {the gun you think should be in our schools} and accidently pulled the trigger? think about that before you speak again
Oh yes. I see your point. I've done seen the light!!!!

It would be far more tragic for some one to be wounded or perhaps killed by accident than for 26 on purpose by some criminal. Your wisdom astounds me.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8300 Dec 17, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>The guy had a bullet proof vest on....chances of an armed teacher stopping him would have been low considering he was using so much firepower.
If there were the possibility, even if not the reality, of teachers and administration being armed, do you really think this kind of coward would even show up?

But let's say this criminal showed up anyway. A shot, by a teacher, to the torso would hurt like hell, though not be lethal, and rarely leaves the recipient of the bullet standing, so he could have been restrained/disarmed. Failing this there is always the proverbial "Head Shot" that would take the criminal out altogether.

Now even though that would scar the children for life, they would at least be alive.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8301 Dec 17, 2012
Union Lady wrote:
Can't wait till laws on GUNS goes into effect,
I'm sure Michigan's been on your mind. It certainly has been on mine.
Though Tea Party extremists and their right-wing millionaire friends were able to
force through attacks on the middle class this past week, the people of Michigan
stood up in historic ways.
Thank you for this posting, Union Lady. The fear held by this Richard Trumka, and the fear he's obviously trying to engender in others is so obvious, yet so many will miss it. I can only guess that it is their own fear that drives them to hide in shadows, plead with the almighty government/legal/law enforcement authorities to please come and protect them from the big bad. With union driven government schools providing less and less education each and every year, it is really no wonder that such rhetoric and propaganda is so effective; folks simply don't have the capacity to think for themselves anymore {except for the ... TEA party extremists and such that is}.

How many people are really gullible enough to think that those "millionaires" are "right wing"? Those who do simply show they're drinking someone else's "Kool-Aid".

Loved the "Solidarity" closing too. Right from a Soviet Polish union leader, wasn't it?

Cowards can turn their guns in if they wish. There is no law that says you must own guns, but you should leave the rest of us alone. We prefer to look, see, and think for ourselves; not follow blindly those who would lead us like sheep to the slaughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 apply for school director 36 min Huh 18
RIP Jeff Roark 57 min Nodrama 8
Elizabeth Greer 1 hr CuriousGeorge 23
Trailer park on Jones bridge Rd on the curve? 2 hr Sweetea 14
More Poor Driving Driver hits pedestrian 2 hr resident 1
MAUDE REAVES PROPERTIES (Subdivision Name)?? 3 hr REAVES FAMILY 3
Scary drivers in Greeneville! 3 hr Say What 13
Lisa 5 hr friendofdog 22
women with pretty eyes. (Jan '11) 16 hr knows both 70
More from around the web