Comments
21 - 40 of 59 Comments Last updated May 26, 2012
FYI

Elizabethton, TN

#21 Apr 24, 2012
Wonder wrote:
<quoted text>How do you spell it, and how do you know that you are right? It's a little like which is correct, color or colour. Neither is really wrong.
I spelled it according to four different signs I have seen on the school, the bridges, subdivisions and on-line maps (which by the way refer to DeBusk as Derusk???) And yes, several are wrong, but which ones? You cannot compare misspelling the name of local entities based on the name of the river to color/colour. The latter spelling difference is the result of location and culture. The former is the result of not knowing how to spell something, but being too sure of yourself to research it before putting it on a sign.
King Biscuit

Johnson City, TN

#22 Apr 24, 2012
Patsy wrote:
I think you can see why nothing is done about the bulling situation.
Poor Patsy can't write down what she is thInking. Since you seem to know little about schools, what are your hobbies?
Ben Murphy maybe

Paducah, KY

#23 Apr 24, 2012
He could be going to debusk
parent

Brentwood, TN

#24 Apr 25, 2012
I hate it for Glenwood to gain such an idiot as their principal but thank God we're finally getting rid of him. I hope Malone is much better. We need a real principal with a real spine.
DeBusk Parent

Elizabethton, TN

#25 Apr 25, 2012
parent wrote:
I hate it for Glenwood to gain such an idiot as their principal but thank God we're finally getting rid of him. I hope Malone is much better. We need a real principal with a real spine.
Dont't hold your breath. Our family refers to Malone as a "wet noodle." He can be found cleaning the bathroom while the janitor sits in the office answering the telephone and pretending to be administration. Meanwhile the secretary that barks the orders is out on her smoke break. He's a nice person to talk to, but he gets no respect from his faculty or staff.
parent

Brentwood, TN

#26 Apr 25, 2012
That's just what we needed was another sissy as principal!
Can spot a phony

Johnson City, TN

#27 Apr 25, 2012
parent wrote:
That's just what we needed was another sissy as principal!
Grow up and quit the juvenile actions.If you want a principal with a backbone, show him some support. More than likely you are the kind of parent who trashes your child's teachers and principals, then have no idea why your child shows no respect at school. At one time parents and teachers worked together for the good of the child. Unfortunately those kinds of parents are growing rarer. You seem like the kind of parent who will criticize any authority figure in your or your child's life. If the new principal isn't "another sissy" you won't know what to do. You will probably run crying to Dr. Kirk every time you don't get your way. What your child needs has nothing to do with a principal. What that child needs is a parent who isn't a sissy, but adult enough to teach him how to respect authority figures.
GHS

United States

#28 Apr 25, 2012
Patrick Fraley is going to be principal of Greeneville High School. He is coming from Cherokee.
parent

Prosperity, SC

#29 Apr 26, 2012
Can spot a phony wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up and quit the juvenile actions.If you want a principal with a backbone, show him some support. More than likely you are the kind of parent who trashes your child's teachers and principals, then have no idea why your child shows no respect at school. At one time parents and teachers worked together for the good of the child. Unfortunately those kinds of parents are growing rarer. You seem like the kind of parent who will criticize any authority figure in your or your child's life. If the new principal isn't "another sissy" you won't know what to do. You will probably run crying to Dr. Kirk every time you don't get your way. What your child needs has nothing to do with a principal. What that child needs is a parent who isn't a sissy, but adult enough to teach him how to respect authority figures.
Wow you're so wrong! I want discipline & respect brought back to our school. Thats what i teach mine & I want it carried over in school. When a child is disciplined it sticks & the parent cant run in whining & get it taken away. Miller will discipline the kids who's parents don't go in & cry about it. If they do he caves every time.
King Biscuit

Carrollton, GA

#30 Apr 26, 2012
I know Dr. Miller...runs our school by the book! Thanks for all your effort at Nolachuckey! Good luck to a good man!
my two cents

United States

#31 Apr 26, 2012
My experiences both with Miller and Edwards have both being very negative........I have only spoke to the principle at debusk one time and he seemed amazing. My child unfortantly attends Glenwood so we will just have to make the best of it.
FINALLY

United States

#32 Apr 26, 2012
I was ecstatic to hear Miller is leaving Nolachuckey. Now hopefully our children will get a real role model.
Oliver

Johnson City, TN

#33 Apr 26, 2012
DeBusk Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont't hold your breath. Our family refers to Malone as a "wet noodle." He can be found cleaning the bathroom while the janitor sits in the office answering the telephone and pretending to be administration. Meanwhile the secretary that barks the orders is out on her smoke break. He's a nice person to talk to, but he gets no respect from his faculty or staff.
What will you do for entertainment now?
Can spot a phony

Johnson City, TN

#34 Apr 26, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you're so wrong! I want discipline & respect brought back to our school. Thats what i teach mine & I want it carried over in school. When a child is disciplined it sticks & the parent cant run in whining & get it taken away. Miller will discipline the kids who's parents don't go in & cry about it. If they do he caves every time.
Respect starts at home. You are the one who should teach your child respect. If you are disrespectful of authority figures, don't be surprised when your child grows up the same way.
Glennwood Parent UGHH

United States

#35 Apr 26, 2012
I have a child a Gwood.(Dont worry about the spelling, we all know which school that is.) There is bullying problem at this school. I have been wittness to it on several occasions. The school sent home a letter at the start of the school year and request that we talk to our children about bullying. However; most bullying occurs at school. If the teacher spends 9 months with a group of children for 8hrs a day in elementary, why in the hell dosen't she recognize who the bully's are by half way thru the year. My child suffers from a medical condidtion called encopresis. This is common condition in which a child holds his feces untill his colon is stretched doing damage to the nerve endings and causing the inability to control release of feces.
I have learned this condition is often because the child is not allowed to releave when the urge hits.(no, you may not go to the bathroom). Now, with that said, you would think the teacher would be familiar with a common childhood condition? This results in teasing, bullying, and low self image. If you are a teacher, why would you let bullying continue? OH, thats right, your going to retire this year, and you dont want to deal with it....Or perhaps you are not paying attention to each child individually. So, what did I do? The principal says my child needs a Dr.s note to go to the bathroom when he gets the urge to poop. So I got one.
Since then, he has been told no on 3 different occasions, and resulted in having an accident resulting in my current situation with the teacher and principal who seem indifferent about the condition. Would they allow for a physically challanged child to be taunted about their condition? After 8 months with my child, you dont recognize when he has had an accident, or offer to allow him to clean himself up. Rather to punish child for the problem that you do not try to understand. Go one step farther, be human, so he is not taunted (a form of bullying) by other students. Not only that, when I brought the Dr. note, They did not inform any of the other teachers, so the problem continued into gym, or library.
WHERE IS THE BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION? Why don't you know my child? I blame the teacher and principal for allowing the bullying going on right under their noses. I blame them for causing my child to hold his bowels untill they decide. As per his Dr. in order to remedy the encropresis, he must use the restroom when the urge hits. Well guess what, that doesn't happen when he is on a 1 minute pee break with 20 other kids. I wander if someday, a caregiver (another word for a teacher) will not let them go when a shitpain hits. I hope its at the mall!!!!! That is all. If you have a child who suffers from encropresis, find out more about it. help your child, If your a teacher, learn about common childhood problems. Help children who are suffering from self image problems, recognize the bully's in your class.
parent

Brentwood, TN

#36 Apr 26, 2012
Can spot a phony wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect starts at home. You are the one who should teach your child respect. If you are disrespectful of authority figures, don't be surprised when your child grows up the same way.
Read my post...I said I teach mine respect & discipline at home and I want the same reinforced at school.
parent

Brentwood, TN

#37 Apr 26, 2012
Glennwood Parent UGHH wrote:
I have a child a Gwood.(Dont worry about the spelling, we all know which school that is.) There is bullying problem at this school. I have been wittness to it on several occasions. The school sent home a letter at the start of the school year and request that we talk to our children about bullying. However; most bullying occurs at school. If the teacher spends 9 months with a group of children for 8hrs a day in elementary, why in the hell dosen't she recognize who the bully's are by half way thru the year. My child suffers from a medical condidtion called encopresis. This is common condition in which a child holds his feces untill his colon is stretched doing damage to the nerve endings and causing the inability to control release of feces.I have learned this condition is often because the child is not allowed to releave when the urge hits.(no, you may not go to the bathroom). Now, with that said, you would think the teacher would be familiar with a common childhood condition? This results in teasing, bullying, and low self image. If you are a teacher, why would you let bullying continue? OH, thats right, your going to retire this year, and you dont want to deal with it....Or perhaps you are not paying attention to each child individually. So, what did I do? The principal says my child needs a Dr.s note to go to the bathroom when he gets the urge to poop. So I got one.
Since then, he has been told no on 3 different occasions, and resulted in having an accident resulting in my current situation with the teacher and principal who seem indifferent about the condition. Would they allow for a physically challanged child to be taunted about their condition? After 8 months with my child, you dont recognize when he has had an accident, or offer to allow him to clean himself up. Rather to punish child for the problem that you do not try to understand. Go one step farther, be human, so he is not taunted (a form of bullying) by other students. Not only that, when I brought the Dr. note, They did not inform any of the other teachers, so the problem continued into gym, or library.
WHERE IS THE BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION? Why don't you know my child? I blame the teacher and principal for allowing the bullying going on right under their noses. I blame them for causing my child to hold his bowels untill they decide. As per his Dr. in order to remedy the encropresis, he must use the restroom when the urge hits. Well guess what, that doesn't happen when he is on a 1 minute pee break with 20 other kids. I wander if someday, a caregiver (another word for a teacher) will not let them go when a shitpain hits. I hope its at the mall!!!!! That is all. If you have a child who suffers from encropresis, find out more about it. help your child, If your a teacher, learn about common childhood problems. Help children who are suffering from self image problems, recognize the bully's in your class.
Sorry to hear of your childs' condition. I hope Miller does better at your school than he did at Nola. but I doubt he will. He likes to ignore things and hope they go away. He doesn't like dealing with anything or anyone. He parks behind our school and sneaks in through the back and through the library and into the back of the office so he won't be approached by parents. He acts like he is going to take care of issues and does nothing. He tells people what they want to hear knowing he has no intention of following through. He has been shuffled from school to school when he finally screws up too big to be ignored they move him again. If you saw the story in the Gr Sun this week about the embezeling bookkeeper at Nola. that's why your school is getting him. Good luck Glenwood!
Oliver

Johnson City, TN

#38 Apr 27, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear of your childs' condition. I hope Miller does better at your school than he did at Nola. but I doubt he will. He likes to ignore things and hope they go away. He doesn't like dealing with anything or anyone. He parks behind our school and sneaks in through the back and through the library and into the back of the office so he won't be approached by parents. He acts like he is going to take care of issues and does nothing. He tells people what they want to hear knowing he has no intention of following through. He has been shuffled from school to school when he finally screws

up too big to be ignored they move him again. If you saw the story in the

Gr Sun this week about the embezeling bookkeeper at Nola. that's why

your school is getting him. Good luck Glenwood!
You Picking at someone who makes decisions that are positive for students. I thank Dr. M for working South of the River with your Blazers... My advice...move on...see you in church Sunday!
Can spot a phony

Johnson City, TN

#39 Apr 27, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post...I said I teach mine respect & discipline at home and I want the same reinforced at school.
I did read your post and I also read between the lines. I can can post on here that I am the Queen of Sheeba. But when you read my post, what will you get from it? That I am the queen of Sheeba? I bet not. You will probably think I am a fruitcake. Even though that is not what my post read.
parent

Brentwood, TN

#40 Apr 27, 2012
Oliver wrote:
<quoted text>
You Picking at someone who makes decisions that are positive for students. I thank Dr. M for working South of the River with your Blazers... My advice...move on...see you in church Sunday!
You obviously don't have children at Nolachuckey. The only positive thing he's done at Nola is leave.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 51 min Mississippi gurl 146,338
josh kesterson 1 hr wondering 7
ISIS would love another BUSH in office 1 hr fedup with doing ... 18
psycho moms (Nov '12) 2 hr Lover 58
10.3 Local Unemployment Obamaism 2 hr Democrappies 8
the greers of campcreek terry,steven,dusty (Jul '11) 2 hr lol 54
rosetta powell and eddie mathes (Apr '11) 2 hr Christine 12
BEWARE: Tinted Windows 7 hr One million short... 30
Greeneville people rude as hell 12 hr Dr Wu 26
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••