“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Okay, my best friend, who happens to be female, is having a Birthday this week and I'm trying to figure out what to get her. The problem is she's very wealthy (not "financially secure" wealthy but, well, "rich" wealthy) and has just about everything you can imagine. Every year I get her something very nice but this year I'd like to go more "thought" than materialistic. It's one of those age "milestones" for her too so that's another reason why I'd like it to be extra special this year. Any ideas will be appreciated.(-:

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Take her to a 'place' for a short mini-vacation.
interloper

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2012
Skydiving gift certificate.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Location hidden

#4 Nov 3, 2012
@ Outlaw

That's one girl that stays on "vacation". But it's a good idea.(-:

@interloper

Can't tell if you're being facetious but she may just go for something like that. No fear in that girl, that's why we're such good friends.(-:

I'm thinking a "something", like a keepsake that will mean a lot to her through time, but haven't a clue what. And the clock's ticking.(-:
interloper

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2012
I was being sincere. I've been looking into it myself but the cost is a bit outside my immediate range. But skydiving, especially for the first time, would definitely be unforgettable.
Benny Hill

Smyrna, TN

#6 Nov 3, 2012
GSP_trpr wrote:
Okay, my best friend, who happens to be female, is having a Birthday this week and I'm trying to figure out what to get her. The problem is she's very wealthy (not "financially secure" wealthy but, well, "rich" wealthy) and has just about everything you can imagine. Every year I get her something very nice but this year I'd like to go more "thought" than materialistic. It's one of those age "milestones" for her too so that's another reason why I'd like it to be extra special this year. Any ideas will be appreciated.(-:
Two tickets to Romney's inaugural ball.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#7 Nov 3, 2012
Hypothetically, a true rarity and truly precious to behold: An honest politician who keeps their promises. Couldn't resist opportunity.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Location hidden

#8 Nov 3, 2012
interloper wrote:
I was being sincere. I've been looking into it myself but the cost is a bit outside my immediate range. But skydiving, especially for the first time, would definitely be unforgettable.
Thank you for clarifying that, sir or madam...this is Topix, you know. Actually, that is an idea though, if not for her, I wouldn't mind trying it myself.(-:
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, mini vacation. Send her to Edisto Island. Actually went to Kiawah Island for my honeymoon. It was beautiful and pricey as hell. In all honesty though, I enjoyed my divorce a lot better.

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 3, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Yeah, mini vacation. Send her to Edisto Island. Actually went to Kiawah Island for my honeymoon. It was beautiful and pricey as hell. In all honesty though, I enjoyed my divorce a lot better.
Hahaha, she LIVES on Edisto year round so that's a thought.(-: She is a wonderful girl whose been through a lot in her life though. And she didn't become rich by inheritance or from someone else, she EARNED it. I do wish I could figure out something extra special that would stand the test of time though....especially this year. Help!(-:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally equal rights under the law for all 32 min whothehellcares- 132
Here's some help for you all 35 min Dixie40 13
July 4, 2015--Happy Birthday, America 38 min Dixie40 4
Ah the Confederate Flag 39 min whothehellcares- 33
Our last Independence Day? 39 min Dixie40 7
gneville sun hard up for news 1 hr Formerly Sad 45
Hometown Hero, Jeff Amyx of Rutledge Tenn. 1 hr Formerly Sad 17
Movie to be filmed in Greene County, TN 3 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 17
Transgender bathroom 4 hr Curious 60
More from around the web