First Prev
of 2
Next Last
maryjane

Antioch, TN

#1 Jan 15, 2014
I know a mother who practices this dailey. She has made it her mission in life. She had an affair with her co-worker for many years, before her husband found out about it. He divorced her. Her big shot boyfriend has still not married her, though he gave her an engagement ring three years ago, after his wife found out about her and divorced him. So now she spends her days harrasing her ex. and trashing him to their daughter and trying to make her hate her dad. There should be legal consequences for what she is doing to this young lady, but it is so hard to prove.National Parent Alienation month is in April. Does anyone know of a child who is being subjected to this kind of abuse ? If you are a grandmother, Aunt, anyone who could intervein for a child who is being abused in this manner, please step in and help the child. I think this mother I am talking about is either bi-polar, scitzo. or a narcistic personallity. Most children make excuses for their mothers abuse, thats their mother and all that matters is that they have Mommas love. So sad.
marthe stewart

Medina, OH

#2 Jan 15, 2014
maryjane wrote:
I know a mother who practices this dailey. She has made it her mission in life. She had an affair with her co-worker for many years, before her husband found out about it. He divorced her. Her big shot boyfriend has still not married her, though he gave her an engagement ring three years ago, after his wife found out about her and divorced him. So now she spends her days harrasing her ex. and trashing him to their daughter and trying to make her hate her dad. There should be legal consequences for what she is doing to this young lady, but it is so hard to prove.National Parent Alienation month is in April. Does anyone know of a child who is being subjected to this kind of abuse ? If you are a grandmother, Aunt, anyone who could intervein for a child who is being abused in this manner, please step in and help the child. I think this mother I am talking about is either bi-polar, scitzo. or a narcistic personallity. Most children make excuses for their mothers abuse, thats their mother and all that matters is that they have Mommas love. So sad.
I like reading stories like this, because they sure do cheer me up. You just made me feel so much better about myself and my life.

If I could get a job as a social worker, divorce attorney, or family law judge, I would go to work with a smile on my face everyday.
maryjane

Antioch, TN

#3 Jan 15, 2014
to Martha Stewart; why did this post make you happy? Do you agree that this is child abuse? Do you agree that the mother is probably nut's ? I wish that this child would realize what her mother is doing to her . Martha for some reason I feel that you are a male, which is good because I don't believe men in this area realize how evil some women are, and what they are capable of. Talk to me.
Threeofakind

Sweetwater, TN

#4 Jan 15, 2014
It's very sad but goes on none the less. I personally know Two different women that delight in this type of behavior daily.All of the children involved are pre-teens and it affects them greatly. I.E. the children are afraid if they show interests or do not agree with their mothers manipulation that they have done something wrong. CHILDREN SHOULD BE able to love both their parents with out the mother guilt tripping them into feeling like if they show love/want to be a part of their dads life/don't agree with her that they've betrayed her or love her anyless. KIDS ARE NOT PAWNS. If you beat into your child's head that the other parent is a deadbeat your telling them that deadbeat was good enough for you to spread your legs and have a child with and that they are half deadbeat themselves. Also kids are smart trash talking the OP only works for so long. Good luck because in ten years when they are thinking for theirselfs they will hate you for straining the relationship when they only wanted to love BOTH their parents.
zack

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jan 15, 2014
This is such a sad situation for so many in a divorce situation. I know a mother who has done this very thing and eliminated the children from wanting to see or speak to their dad. They will not know what a wonderful person he is until they are much older and chose to begin to repair the damage that she has done. Nothing you can say to this woman will convince her to change her evil ways. She encourages her children to hate their father, his family, friends, etc. She encourages them to say horrible things to him, to destroy and steal things from his residence. It is all a very selfish game and in the end the kids lose because they grow up in such a hostile environment and are taught no values and are given no moral compass.
Rob

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 16, 2014
My "Christian" ex-sister in law is doing this very thing to my 16 year old nephew. I still call him nephew and he still calls me uncle. Children hear more than you think even when whispering behind closed doors.

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7 Jan 16, 2014
maryjane wrote:
After reading this it sounds like the kids are not the issue with you but more ill will toward the mother. I'm guessing you are the father still hurt from the infidelity. Cheating is a horrible thing, but that is not child abuse. Whether or not she's single, engaged or married is neither here nor there in this senario. I agree it should be illegal for parents to use children as pawns against each other. I've dealt with it for years, and it happens more than not. I also believe that there is a difference between what you are describing and being honest with your children. I don't believe in sugar coating the truth even when it comes to my children. I'll give you examples.... I have always been honest and told my children their dad has drug problems and is a thief. That's me being honest. He tells them he got bit by a spider after he landed in the hospital after getting ahold of a bad needle and nearly lossing his arm. He tells them he is away for job training instead of telling them he is in rehab. He tells them he's on a vacation instead of jail.
-in the know

Rock Hill, SC

#8 Jan 16, 2014
Fathers also are guilty of this too . It is indefensible for either parent to use their kids this way and try to justify why they believe it is ok to mot elate the other parent. It hurts the kid and sets them up for a life of mistrust of the opposite sex

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2014
That's real sad.
maryjane

Antioch, TN

#10 Jan 21, 2014
in the know, I know that both mom's and dad's are guilty of parent alienation. The woman I was discussing to start with has a brother with two daughters the youngest one has turned on her mother, and will not go around her because dad trashes her and so does the Aunt which is the mother i was talking about in the original entry. I believe that this family has a certain degree of mental illness, which by their actions will be passed on down the line./ Jennyxoxo; I am not the parent of any of these children. I am a mother. But I am someone who works at the school that all these cousins go . Also do you get a ' rush' and a feeling of joy in pointing out to your children their dad is a dead beat, and you MUST correct his lies ? Watch out, as Zack said, in the end the children are the loosers. Take a long honest look at what you appear to be doing.

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#11 Jan 21, 2014
maryjane wrote:
in the know, I know that both mom's and dad's are guilty of parent alienation. The woman I was discussing to start with has a brother with two daughters the youngest one has turned on her mother, and will not go around her because dad trashes her and so does the Aunt which is the mother i was talking about in the original entry. I believe that this family has a certain degree of mental illness, which by their actions will be passed on down the line./ Jennyxoxo; I am not the parent of any of these children. I am a mother. But I am someone who works at the school that all these cousins go . Also do you get a ' rush' and a feeling of joy in pointing out to your children their dad is a dead beat, and you MUST correct his lies ? Watch out, as Zack said, in the end the children are the loosers. Take a long honest look at what you appear to be doing.
There is a difference between being honest with your children, and making up lies in order to alienate from one or the other parent. I don't believe in sugar coating or lying to your children. You should be as honest with them as you would an adult. I don't believe in sheltering. They know it's not their fault he is the way he is. There is no rush or feeling of joy either, but rather pity. I have never chose that type of life over my children nor would I ever, and I find it shameful when a parent does.
zack

Bear Creek, NC

#12 Jan 21, 2014
If parents can't be married or no longer a family, my opinion is they should do everything possible to get along for the children's sake, so that they can have as close to a normal life as possible. Something just aren't worth the drama. Give and take, it's for your children!
not from around here 1997

Greeneville, TN

#13 Jan 22, 2014
maryjane wrote:
The alienated patent needs to have their lawyer bring it up in court while seeking to change the custody order to prevent the child from being abused. Have a plan for counselling, schooling, etc., And this can be successfully accomplished. Most divorced fathers I see in Greeneville that mention this problem are too weak or too afraid or too something to do anything about it. Sad for their kids.
blood

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jan 22, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
<quoted text>
I like reading stories like this, because they sure do cheer me up. You just made me feel so much better about myself and my life.
If I could get a job as a social worker, divorce attorney, or family law judge, I would go to work with a smile on my face everyday.
megalomania
maryjane

Antioch, TN

#15 Jan 22, 2014
To: not-from-around-here, this father discussed in the original entry has had the ex in court over this. The child will not tell how verbally abusive the mother is, remember I wrote: All that matters to these children is that their mother loves them. Dad is not weak or afraid of the mother, he knows that mother is quite capable of makeing his daughters life more miserable if she wants to be around him.I guess there is no solution for right now. I guess I see way to much in my line of work and wonder why parents choose to "use" their children to get back at their ex's.Thats why I believe it is a mental illness, this mother appears to have a Narcistic personality which is the most uncurable mental illness.
zack

Davidson, NC

#16 Jan 22, 2014
not from around here 1997 wrote:
<quoted text>The alienated patent needs to have their lawyer bring it up in court while seeking to change the custody order to prevent the child from being abused. Have a plan for counselling, schooling, etc., And this can be successfully accomplished. Most divorced fathers I see in Greeneville that mention this problem are too weak or too afraid or too something to do anything about it. Sad for their kids.
Easier said than done. Courts do not recognize parental alienation.
Treana

Charlotte, NC

#17 Jan 22, 2014
Courts dont read Topix either so its just a poor thing when these people make up lies on here and then form opinions I wouldnt alienate my children from the other parent unless the child was in danger or harm :(
It's a cruel world and divorcing is not the way to handle problems . People should stay together and tough it out instead of running from their issues. The kids are the ones that suffer and get hurt.
maryjane

Antioch, TN

#18 Jan 23, 2014
Trena, why would I make up lies and put it on Topix ? This is a very hard to- live-in-world,and there are mentally ill mothers out there. Any mother who would trash a childs father is crazy,no other excuse for her. Running daddy down makes the child feel insecure and "less" than other children. Some females insanity doesnt manifest untill after child birth (postpartum depression ?) Or untill she realizes that she is no longer #1 in her husbands life. I have not been talking about the child being in danger of harm I am talking about parent alienation, which is very real and is very hard to prove in court. And this "harms" dad and the child and may never be fixable. I am glad you would never alienate your child from the other parent,all parents should have that attitude but, you are probably not mentally ill and this is no a perfect world.
GvilleGal

Fayetteville, NC

#19 Jan 23, 2014
Kevin hush it all of us greenvillegals have swapped stories and u tell us all the same lies and the common denomination is you. None of urbaby mommasr crazy so stop lying n breaking up marriages!?!?!

ThX , K
maryjane

Antioch, TN

#20 Jan 23, 2014
GvilleGal, say what? Your speech is so slurred can't make sense of what you are trying to say. How is discussing mentaly ill mothers lying and breaking uo marriages? Say again please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min Irving 149,386
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 12 min BeastOfBurden 4,058
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 52 min dingleberry 21
Dustin Watford 1 hr Curious1234 1
Benghazi is getting old ISIL is the enemy now R... 1 hr formally known as... 6
Linda Kirk + furniture... 1 hr haha 13
GVDC is it cost effective or wasteful Governmen... 1 hr Dr Wu 22
greeneville goodwill bed bug central 1 hr Dr Wu 21
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••