Interested

Sevierville, TN

#1 Feb 22, 2014
I have some friends that live there and was wanting to come there to live. However, reading all this stuff going on in Greeneville, I'm not so sure I even want to. Is it also true Greene county has no jobs?
Transplant

Johnson City, TN

#2 Feb 22, 2014
Interested wrote:
I have some friends that live there and was wanting to come there to live. However, reading all this stuff going on in Greeneville, I'm not so sure I even want to. Is it also true Greene county has no jobs?
It is very true. Now, if you are interested in working as a temp or at a fast food place you are in luck, but not going to get 40 hours necessarily. There seems to be some openings in the medical field, but there is also a tremendous amount of nepotism here. It is all about who you are related to or your family name...not your qualifications when it comes to jobs. DO NOT move here unless you secure a job first. Also, be prepared to pay through the nose for goods and services. where prices are not set because when they find out you are not from Greeneville they will take you for every penny they can. Greeneville loves to gouge foreigners, even if they are just from a few counties away. So sad, but so true.
Honest Reporting

Greeneville, TN

#3 Feb 22, 2014
You can live here cheap but do all of your major purchases outside the town and you will do well.

Also, don't expect to make any friends unless they are "furriners" like yourself because the natives here hate outsiders and fear anyone who is different.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#4 Feb 22, 2014
I have lived here 7 years and I don't have many problems here. Yes, it's true not many jobs available to make a life for yourself. If you are planning to have a family or bring your family, there is not much for family entertainment here. I agree, SECURE a job before you move, but make sure it isn't temporary or seasonal. The scenery is gorgeous, most of the people have been friendly, however some seems to be only to your face. Like anywhere else you have the good and the bad in the community. This is a small close knit community, but they look out for each other and seem to help one another when tragedy strikes. There is a lot of negativity shared here, check out Mygreeneville Facebook page if you want more positive things about the county.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#5 Feb 22, 2014
HolyChaos wrote:
I have lived here 7 years and I don't have many problems here. Yes, it's true not many jobs available to make a life for yourself. If you are planning to have a family or bring your family, there is not much for family entertainment here. I agree, SECURE a job before you move, but make sure it isn't temporary or seasonal. The scenery is gorgeous, most of the people have been friendly, however some seems to be only to your face. Like anywhere else you have the good and the bad in the community. This is a small close knit community, but they look out for each other and seem to help one another when tragedy strikes. There is a lot of negativity shared here, check out Mygreeneville Facebook page if you want more positive things about the county.
I agree with most of what you wrote. As far as family entertainment I guess it depends on what age the kids are. We have young kids and the parks provide plenty of family entertainment. I can see how as the kids get older the choices become fewer. I've been lucky enough to have the same job for many years but I know that jobs are tight. If you are the kind of family that eats at home and can make your own fun then Greeneville is a good place. If you are a family that likes to go out a lot then there is not much. Luckily we fall into the first category.

Since: Feb 14

Greeneville, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2014
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior please move here.

If you are a gay or lesbian or trans go burn in hell with your master Satan we don't want you in our community.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Feb 23, 2014
Phil_is_Right wrote:
If you are a gay or lesbian or trans go burn in hell with your master Satan we don't want you in our community.
That is YOUR opinion Phil, not mine or everyone else's. I have both gay and lesbian friends. So, spew your religious bs if you must, but don't say "WE don't want you here".

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#8 Feb 23, 2014
Phil_is_Right wrote:
If you are a gay or lesbian or trans go burn in hell with your master Satan.
So you think they should move to Atlanta?
wow

Bristol, TN

#9 Feb 23, 2014
Phil_is_Right wrote:
They would be welcomed in Asheville. Nothing there but freaks and gays.
hmmm

Whitesburg, KY

#10 Feb 24, 2014
We are moving there from KY. No jobs at all here. I am a RN. Is it hard to find nursing jobs there?
Bohemian Girl

Johnson City, TN

#11 Feb 24, 2014
There are a lot of advertised positions, but still again, you are not from here. I wouldn't make a move without a job lined up. I had a friend who was an x-ray tech, in fact taught others who were seeking certification. She also had plenty of experience working for a chiropractor. She moved here and interviewed for almost two years. She is now working as a cashier at Home Depot.
hmmm

Whitesburg, KY

#12 Feb 24, 2014
Short commute to JC and Morristown. Seems like more jobs there. We really like the feel of small towns. Its an adventure. We will find a place where we belong. Unemployment here in KY where we are is 18% no future here.
TN RN

Greeneville, TN

#13 Feb 25, 2014
Tennessee is THE lowest paying state for RN's....period. Almost no jobs in Greeneville. Fine if you want to live paycheck to paycheck.
TN RN

Greeneville, TN

#14 Feb 25, 2014
Bless your hearts! If it's worse there than here, it must be really bad!
former church goer

Bristol, TN

#15 Feb 25, 2014
You could move to Mexico. That's where all the jobs are at, thanks to the Clintons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pretty Girls Ruining Themselves With Tattoos (Mar '12) 1 hr TaylorNicole 168
Any good mechanics in Greeneville? (Aug '09) 2 hr Wobbly Shaft 83
dacota smelcer???? 2 hr Tell u like it is 15
Alan Broyles 4 hr Confused 10
Topix Needs a Mute Feature 5 hr Igor 32
stephanie rochester casey and justin and timmy ... (Jan '14) 5 hr Umm 12
Stock market rages on! 5 hr Comrade Max 31
Body found 13 hr Good grief 35

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web