Princeton, IL

#22 Sep 25, 2012
and kimmie.. he is not YOUR dad
kimmie henry

Smyrna, TN

#23 Sep 25, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
and kimmie.. he is not YOUR dad
sorry my bad jennifer... father in law. He was as close of a dad to me though. sorry if that offended you.
sorry for your loss

Fort Campbell, TN

#24 Sep 27, 2012
I am right there with you! Not only did he kill him! But he had been stealing and lying to everyone! I think it is a sin he is still in Greeneville and hasnt been to court yet! Some people can get away with everything!
laser

Fort Campbell, TN

#25 Nov 29, 2012
i hope the hang that fat worthless slob..
laser

Fort Campbell, TN

#26 Nov 29, 2012
keep me up to date miss kimmie
mike jeffers

Lexington, NC

#27 Dec 1, 2012
What happened in court yesterday. Does any one know how the case against Michael dykes is going.
Tabitha

Bristol, VA

#28 Dec 11, 2012
So what happen in court??
Stache

Bristol, VA

#29 Jan 16, 2013
I have done searches online to see what happen in Court and I cant find nothing. So does anyone know what happen in court with Michael Ray Dykes?? Its driving me crazy I want to know. Someone told me he was claiming it was self Defense.
candy corlazzli

Fredericktown, PA

#30 Mar 27, 2013
3/27/013 does anyone know the results of the trial its been over a year.i need to know orvile and i were very close. i need to know that this guy is gnna pay 4 what he did
just_me

Johnson City, TN

#31 Mar 27, 2013
Arraignment set for May 3. (Check the Greeneville Sun).
wondering

United States

#32 Mar 28, 2013
Wgrv said this morning he was charged with 3 counts of first degree murder. How many people has he killed? So so sad!!
Jennifer

Kewanee, IL

#33 Apr 14, 2013
He is being charged with first degree murder, premeditated murder, and murder with the intent to rob. the trial starts in september. cant wait to get justice for my dad
hippi

Princeton Junction, NJ

#34 Jun 2, 2013
shayla Cochran is back in jail an will be their.she had a great chance to clean up her act with me yet the dark side will always be on her side....
Amused

Greeneville, TN

#35 Jun 5, 2013
really wrote:
Dykes and his girl friend were staying with a neighbor - Dykes' girlfriend had been talking to Mr Henry. Dykes dumped Henrey's cell in the river - because it had to have connected him to Mr Henry. Henry's son said that 2 women were in the home at the time of the shooting. My guess is he shot him over his girlfriend since it was not a robbery and Mr Henry, according to family did not talk pain meds. Just a thought
There were beer cans in the home and all the people were using drugs: the neighbor (Marilyn Mott), Shayla, Dykes, and Tim.

And to the contrary there was also a robbery right before this and all three were involved: Marilyn Mott, Dykes, and Shayla. The safe wound up in the livingroom of Marilyn Mott. Although she says that she was not involved, she was arrested and she never reported the robbery to the police. Marilyn was also the one that drove Dykes to the river to dump the cell phone and the gun that shot Mr Henry. Marilyn rehearses her story all the time so that she will not forget what she is to say. She actually thinks that she is not going to jail.
Amused

Greeneville, TN

#36 Jun 5, 2013
Oh, and ironically the gun that was used belonged to Marilyn's x-husband in Knoxville. She has borrowed it from him right before all this happened? Planned? not sure.... just saying. She is capable of anything. Her husband died and he was cremated and her brother Jerry made sure that the ashes were spread from a plane within days of the death. She never shed a tear. The man's airplane and everything he had was sold within a month of his death. LOL... but she hasn't got to keep any of it. She ran through all of it with her drug and alcohol addiction. And there is more... but the main point is that she is getting what she deserves!!!!
Amused

Greeneville, TN

#37 Jun 5, 2013
Stache wrote:
I have done searches online to see what happen in Court and I cant find nothing. So does anyone know what happen in court with Michael Ray Dykes?? Its driving me crazy I want to know. Someone told me he was claiming it was self Defense.
Yes he did claim that... that was his and Marilyn's story that Mr Henry and Shayla and Tim were shining lights in at Marilyn's and the Dykes man went outside with a gun and Mr Henry held him at gun point, made him walk to the Henry home and then Dykes shot him

However, why was the door kicked in....why would you shine a light into a house that had all the lights on....and why do you not call the police, drive to the river and dump a cell and the gun? Neither Marilyn or Dykes called the police......and Marilyn thinks that she had nothing to do with the murder???? really
whoever

Sweetwater, TN

#38 Jun 7, 2013
Mike was a good guy down on his luck. He started to church was doing well and then stepped away from God and got into the wrong things in life and now there is a life missing and one in jail because of the devil and the pretty things of this world he puts in front of us to pull away from God.
Amused

Greeneville, TN

#39 Jun 8, 2013
kimmie henry wrote:
<quoted text> who is shayla now? and how do you know she had anything to do with the murder?
That doesnt take a rocket scientist.... she was staying with Marilyn and sleeping with Dykes and Mr Henry... Dykes was jealous and and shot him..... would that not be why he threw the Orville's cell in the river???? just saying....
sorry for your loss

Greeneville, TN

#40 Jun 20, 2013
I knew Michael very well! To well he was on drugs and stole every thng he could get his hands on!He could lie with the best! He boke in my home stole a lot of stuff and lied t my face! Has NOT a GOOD guy! Good liar yes! After the drugs he was a bomb waiting to go off! He told me more than one time he would hurt me or KILL me! If I didnt do what he asked! He stole from his own family!

Yes he said he was made to do this! But what made him do drugs steal and lie! He did this not only to himself but to this poor Family! Im am very sorry someone had to die for people to see how he was!

He has hurt many woman that will always pay for what he has done! My back will never be the same I hurt every day becuse of that asshole!

What is even more sad is that not only did he do this had he not gotten away with so much befor, This would have never happened

Sad thing is he hurt alot of people, and still feels sorry for himself!

I wish I could talk to someone in this family.... Just to say how sorry I am no one would listen to us what he was capable of! Had they this could have NEVER happened!

I pray they get some kind of answers to what happened and that Dykes stays in jail the rest of his life!
Truth Here

Sweetwater, TN

#41 Aug 20, 2013
M. Dykes is a blood relative of mine. His behavior problems were prevalent as a child, adolescent, and in early adulthood. Constant lying, stealing, jealousy, vandalism, and animal cruelty are what he did best. His mother worked a lot as a nurse, but was sickly often. His father was primarily a long distance truck driver or logger. His parents truly thought he would “grow out of” these behaviors as he matured. They did not raise him to be a killer. He was surrounded by caring parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins during his youth. He needed professional help at an early age, but no one in the family ever realized how much. The childhood behaviors that he never grew out of and behaviors left professionally undiagnosed amplified by adult-hood alcohol/drug abuse created the M.Dykes that will spend 26+ years in prison. See recent G’ville Sun for details. I am not trying to defend Michael or justify what he did. I will leave it to you to determine if justice was served or not. What I want you to do is look deep within your own family for the warning signs among any of your young siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, neighbors. You may save a troubled kid from becoming another M. Dykes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trial for Stephen jennings murder of 8month baby (Jan '14) 21 min umm 13
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min Nobama Watch 150,947
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 33 min Jennifer Renee 4,278
How much is your monthly water bill 54 min Dixie iron fist 7
tonya bowman 1 hr classy 1
south greene football 1 hr Rusty 71
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Say What 9,456
Word Woman 2 hr ---Word Woman--- 158
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 4 hr Larry 44
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 20 hr resident 68
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••