Roxies kills your family, friends and our town.

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

friend

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 8, 2011
Aren't you guys tired of hearing, dealing, living with Roxicontin? I don't know one family that doesn't have someone with this "devil" controlling t heir lifes. Families spending every dime they have hoping they'll get better; thinking I'll help them this one last time. Parents, you can't help them. You're just buying more drugs. You are your child's drug supplier, you just don't go and buy it, just furnish the money. They will tell you every sad story in the world. Addicts have to help themselves, it's the only way. Always remember - The Addict speaks NO TRUTH!!!!!.Addicts stealing from their own families to buy more pills. Addicts stomping down doors in the broad day light for more pills. They have no forethought of what's going to happen after, just getting that pill. Thousands of crazy trips to Florida, now Nashville. I know people who have fell into this trap. They make alot of money in one trip. Hell, I know old people doing it to make ends meet. But we as a town have got to stand up to this epidemic. It's obvious the law is way too late with the little action they're taking. Our government continues to allow drug companies to continue making these drugs. Back in the day when a drug caused so many problems, the government took it off the market. For example, Qualuid, Preludin, both highly abused drugs and now both gone, never to be made again. And thank God they did.

So if you love your addict, stop enabling them. Don't be mad at them. They can't help their behavior while on drugs. They are powerless. They will try everything in their power to get another pill. That's all that matters. Families try to keep this all secret, like their ashamed. Drug addiction can happen to anyone.Don't be ashamed of the addiction. Only be ashamed for enabling and hiding the addiction. Empower your love one to get clean by cutting off the funds, place to stay, car, cell phones, excuses, etc.

We should all remember addiction is only a symptom of a underlying problem, usually depression from childhood trauma. Let's treat the real problem and not be embarassed by it. Too many secrets. Too many people worrying about what others think. They're going to think what they want anyway.

I'm praying for all addicts and their families and friends. We have to stick together and fight these drugs, doctors who overprescribe them, people who sell them. If we don't do it, who will?

May God bless you.
been there

Johnson City, TN

#2 Feb 8, 2011
I totally agree with you. Our town is going to loose a whole generation from these pills. And the rest going to blow up making meth. Very Sad.
watching knowing doing

Smyrna, TN

#3 Feb 9, 2011
thats why we need to expose all the dealers WE can,look around you.A couple here a couple there,at gas stations,the walmart parking lot especially,look at them sitting there for hours,people coming and going alot,learn to recognise,record,(tag no's,vehicle Id's) and report.It's up to us the law is overwhelmed with this epidemic.I myself have seen it going on in the roadrunner parking lot (wash co.) and have talked to Ed Graybeal (sherriff) personally about this.Do your part people.......help out!!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2011
It is sad and very unfortunate. Seeing lots of lives go down the drain on pills and drugs in general.
just letting you know

Belmont, NC

#5 Feb 9, 2011
Not everyone that does drugs had a child hood trauma. Greeneville is a very boring place,and the best thing to do is get high with friends and party.

And alot of my friends just like being high.

It is what it is.
tantric

Smyrna, TN

#6 Feb 9, 2011
just letting you know wrote:
Not everyone that does drugs had a child hood trauma. Greeneville is a very boring place,and the best thing to do is get high with friends and party.
It is what it is.
yes yes love to get high,steal my families stuff to get higher,steal from my friends to get high,hide my addiction,and get high.Woo Hoo what a life!!!
Ex junkie

Fort Campbell, TN

#7 Feb 9, 2011
It is what it is.
Yeah, it's fun for a while, but when you end up hooked on the stuff it will destroy your life, just like it did mine...and then it isn't much fun anymore. I've been clean for over two years now and still trying to put my past behind me. Don't go down that road.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 9, 2011
yeah, addiction and the life of crime sounds like so much more fun than being with my family and friends that really love me. I would much rather spend time in rehab or jail. thats the good life. dipshits.
maybe 1 day

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Ya and the ppl you love and wanna be with
jbk

Piney Flats, TN

#10 Feb 9, 2011
Ex junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's fun for a while, but when you end up hooked on the stuff it will destroy your life, just like it did mine...and then it isn't much fun anymore. I've been clean for over two years now and still trying to put my past behind me. Don't go down that road.
Good for you!!!!!!!! I too have been there, many years ago, but eventually you have to grow up don't you. I know how hard this is to kick. I'm so glad you have your life back. God bless you.
jbk

Piney Flats, TN

#11 Feb 9, 2011
It is what it is.
You can't blame Greeneville for your drug use. I grew up here too and know what's here. Life is what you make of it. I'm sad for you.

“ Only this, and nothing more”

Location hidden

#12 Feb 9, 2011
Read the paper this morning, six more in jail.
JEezus

Smyrna, TN

#13 Feb 10, 2011
yah man. what happened to just smokin a jay? golly.
hickchick

York, SC

#14 Feb 10, 2011
I have a cousin that has 3 beautiful girls and she's addicted. Its sad and very painful to watch her throw her life away. The kids suffer the most! Yet no one can do anything because she refuses to admit she has a problem. We have already lost a cousin and aunt to addiction...what does ut take to wake an addict up?
Jess B

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Feb 10, 2011
It is very sad that this town has so many people on drugs and losing their families and friends over a "good feeling". I grew up in a house were my dad was on drugs and I watched him almost die from an overdose one night. I've seen him do some pretty drastic things from being on such a high he thought he was invencible. I had to visit him in jail for 90 days every Tuesday bc of his stupid decisions but thanks to the good Lord, my daddy has been clean for a yr and a half and I'm so thankful to have him back. I know so many people that are addicted to pills and have at least tried meth. I've never been in their shoes so I don't know how an addiction like that will take over their lives but I know first hand from a daughter of a once addict that it is hell on earth. I would give anything if I could have those yrs back but it has made me a stronger person and I've vowed to NEVER put my daughter in that situation as long as I could.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 23 min Trunketeer 102
presented by the genuine Kohlrabi--I HATE KOHLR... 29 min Trunketeer 18
i have a lawsuit against the state 1 hr classy 7
(kohlrabi ) 1 hr Trunketeer 34
What u do afer makin love? 1 hr classy 11
The Alphabet game 1 hr Trunketeer 38
Faith in humanity restored 1 hr Kohlrabi 6
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 3 hr Really 20
lawsuit against county schools 4 hr willard 15
get rid of Robert Sayne 9 hr resident 82