Aug 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Greenville Sun
I do agree that duis and drug offense are as much about money as anything. And there is too much profit AND people with 'a' job that rely on other people being convicted.
The big problems in fighting drunk drivers or drug offenders is from those not involved in an accident or whose drug habit really hasn't cost them YET. If they continue their behavior the consequences will escalate.
To me the big thing with any crime is that the criminal should be forced to clean up their mess and deal with their victims directly at least once(I think it's NJ that considers this cruel and unusual punishment). A drunk driver should be forced to go out to an accident scene and help clean up debris and watch the bloodied victims be given treatment. They need to be shown a victims medical and/or burial bills. They need to be shown a child crying over the loss of a parent.
A drunk driver should not only be forced to see what happens to people but they should be forced to look at all physical damage and the bills to repair them. A junky burglar should be forced to clean up a mess they created while robbing a house. They should be forced to do things clean up and/or replace broken windows/glass. They should be forced to replace everything they stole and/or reimburse an insurance company. The criminal must see the actual affects of their crime and not just do time.
Since: Jul 13
Generally MADD favors:
• Education (about the dangers of drunk driving), advocacy and victim assistance
• Strict policy in a variety of areas, including an illegal blood alcohol content of .08% or lower and using stronger sanctions for DUI offenders, including mandatory jail sentences, treatment for alcoholism and other alcohol abuse issues, ignition interlock devices, and license suspensions
• Helping victims of drunk driving (this includes family members and other loved ones of both innocent victims and guilty impaired drivers)
• Maintaining the minimum legal drinking age at 21 years
• Mandating alcohol breath-testing ignition interlock devices (IIDs) for everyone convicted of driving while legally impaired
|corrupt mayor||8 min||john rushing||1|
|My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is||14 min||Sweet Annie||648|
|Where u ever suspelled from shcool?||18 min||educator||6|
|fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10)||24 min||Sweet Annie||3,360|
|Missing from East Tenn Mugshots...||26 min||Old Guy||1|
|76 year old arrest on world news now||1 hr||Fox news||3|
|76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ...||1 hr||FOIA||110|
|Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol||1 hr||FOIA||85|
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC