texting someone telling them they bettet off killing themself?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

kurious

Tampa, FL

#1 Aug 17, 2014
Is it illegal?
My opinion

Mohawk, TN

#2 Aug 17, 2014
Depends, are you referring to texting, telling them they bettet or killing them selves?! no, 2 have no clue & 3, yes
kurious

Tampa, FL

#3 Aug 17, 2014
I have a friend that got a text message saying " you are better off killing yourself" is it illegal to text someone that?

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4 Aug 18, 2014
kurious wrote:
I have a friend that got a text message saying " you are better off killing yourself" is it illegal to text someone that?
What's the rest of the story, or was this some single random message from an unknown number? There's more to it I'm sure.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#6 Aug 18, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
Sounds like maybe you are just a wimp who runs around all the time feeling sorry for themselves and gets their feelings hurt over nothing. And the reason people are texting you messages like this is because none of your friends like you, you annoy them.
Hello marthe, I am going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. This appears to be someone who is simply asking for guidance and probably should disregard your comment due to the fact that if something horrible should befall this individual I am sure you would wish you could take back those comments. Nice to see you on the forums again, marthe.

“Just me.....”

Since: Jul 12

Greeneville

#7 Aug 18, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
Sounds like maybe you are just a wimp who runs around all the time feeling sorry for themselves and gets their feelings hurt over nothing. And the reason people are texting you messages like this is because none of your friends like you, you annoy them.
I'm gonna have to ask why would you even have such thoughts? Do your so called friends say such crap to you? Maybe Marthe, you need to make new friends.
True

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2014
kurious wrote:
Is it illegal?
Sometimes it's not nice ... Sometimes <3
Too bad

Coppell, TX

#9 Aug 18, 2014
You are disliked . You must have done some very bad things. For someone to wish your death like that it is cuz you are a demon . Like the other person said there is more to that story. It isn't illegal to wish someone death !
In the know

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Aug 19, 2014
You do not have to puss anyone off for them to tell you to kill your self it's called bullying doesn't matter if it's kids or adults saying it and it's very wrong
Bullied

Greeneville, TN

#11 Aug 21, 2014
It isn't illegal, however if comments or text messages of that nature are considered acts of bullying and intimidation. Save them, they can be for a no contact/order of protection.
In the know

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Aug 21, 2014
People need to realize everyone has faults and feelings and struggles no one is perfect by far of any means you should always be kind and respect others if you don't know them or if you do not like the person stay the hell away from them I no from experience from school I am a girl people made fun of me because I had a single father my whole life raised to kids on his own no stamps or welfare or tenncare he worked provided and loved us but people made fun of me all the time I didn't have fancy clothes or name brand shoes had no mother to teach me about make up hair or anything I felt like killing my self a lot of times no those same people talk to me on Facebook or in public like it was no big deal I cried days on end begging not to go to school for years this shit needs to stop happening
ewe

Greeneville, TN

#13 Aug 21, 2014
well just fooking measure it, here <------- thats as far as i cajn fookin do
letGodsortemout

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Aug 22, 2014
you should text it to all your muslim friends
Legal Ease

Greeneville, TN

#15 Aug 23, 2014
Its not illegal if its a one time thing, maybe they were arguing and people say stuff when they argue. IF they constantly seek this person out to tell them that they should kill themselves or go out of their way to target this person then they are in fact bullying this person, that is a crime. But at most you have is grounds for a RO or an TOP. Now if you get one of those and they still persist you have them facing criminal charges. If these are teenagers and this is an adult texting the crime is more severe, if it is two teens or two adults then my advice above applies. If it is a teen saying it to an adult chalk it up to adolescent hormones and be the adult and know that they will likely forget about it in a few days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing drugs and needles from laughlin hospital 26 min Your fault 23
Caves near greeneville (Aug '12) 59 min Dixie iron fist 15
I like to fark my momma in? 1 hr sick 3
Snitching on your spouse cause he wont buy U dr... (May '10) 2 hr Not 1 To Mess With 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Agnus 5,710
william hopson (May '12) 3 hr collettea 41
who is tired of cable company in town? 3 hr JanWill6023 16
What I learned about relationshps 6 hr csmaven 62
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 6 hr idiots 172
***** last post wins ***** 7 hr Alex Nicole 623
Principal at Mosheim 9 hr really 83
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE