accuforce or spherion at john deere

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unemployed

West Unity, OH

#1 Apr 5, 2012
i was going to apply for job at john deere and heard they use both temp agencies. which one should i apply with?
full timer

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Apr 5, 2012
who gives a sh** you wont got hired full time
RDRC

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Dont be mean, he's only asking a question, maybe having a job for a couple of months is better than no job at all!

Since: Apr 12

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Apr 10, 2012
Accuforce spherion is alot stricter.
Lol

Salisbury, NC

#5 Apr 10, 2012
Spherion is great. I broke my arm at a swingers party and was off 6 weeks. They took money up for me and kept my job open. I love them.
Lol

Salisbury, NC

#6 Apr 10, 2012
I blamed my cat for it but everyone knows the truth.
Lovely

Huntersville, NC

#7 Apr 11, 2012
Accuforce if you want some good eye candy when you pick up your check.
getit

United States

#8 Apr 12, 2012
unemployed wrote:
i was going to apply for job at john deere and heard they use both temp agencies. which one should i apply with?
Get in with either one of them,,,the truth is JD will b shifting to 3 shifts and all will b temps (even reg JD) for 7mos a year, starting in 2013.. This comes from Moline,someone let the cat otta da bag there. Will b offering early retirement for full timers that don't want to b temps with a buy-out..
got it

Brentwood, TN

#9 Apr 12, 2012
getit wrote:
<quoted text>
Get in with either one of them,,,the truth is JD will b shifting to 3 shifts and all will b temps (even reg JD) for 7mos a year, starting in 2013.. This comes from Moline,someone let the cat otta da bag there. Will b offering early retirement for full timers that don't want to b temps with a buy-out..
I think you're full of sh!t!!!
getit

United States

#10 Apr 15, 2012
getit wrote:
<quoted text>

Yep someones head has been chopped up there for their loose lips..they have relatives and are JD employees here..They said they have to save at least 1 mill a year to keep prices low..Because of the purchase and costly upgrade of the paint plant. Ther is no union to worry about, so JD can do what ever they please here as it is an easy touch compared to the UNION plants.
scrounger

Hermitage, TN

#11 Apr 15, 2012
getit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep someones head has been chopped up there for their loose lips..they have relatives and are JD employees here..They said they have to save at least 1 mill a year to keep prices low..Because of the purchase and costly upgrade of the paint plant. Ther is no union to worry about, so JD can do what ever they please here as it is an easy touch compared to the UNION plants.
Sounds to me like somebodys pluggin for the union again.Did'nt we have a thread about this a year or so ago??? What they need is a massive house cleanin,get rid of all the dead weight.The ones abusing HMLA,and the pillheads that are full time.Im willin to bet that based on what I've read on here and from folks I know that work there that if they did a random drug test on the whole plant they wouldnt be able cover first shift.Theres good,clean temps who have been there for a long time who deserve the positions that would open up.
got it

Brentwood, TN

#12 Apr 15, 2012
There are dead beat temps & full times both. I personally wouldn't be worried if they did random test I have nothing to hide but yes some would temp & ft both. The biggest problem I've seen there is way too many bosses & office people. They could save a whole lot of money by reducing some of them. It's bullsh!t when an office job is vacant they fill it immediately & they keep cutting the number of workers on the line. They keep getting cheaper junk parts & pushing the line to build more tractors with fewer people but don't seem to mind paying a fat salary to some degreeded idiot sitting behind a desk. Corporate better pay attention to the waste going on here or our jobs will be gone to China or Mexico. Every time they want to cut costs they go to the line & start cutting workers. They could eliminate an office job and save two jobs on the line.
full timer

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Apr 15, 2012
I hope they do offer a buy out I would take in a heartbeat. I would be first in line. They paid for school already got offers on table come on buy out. Even though you are full of crap
Old Bagger

United States

#14 Apr 15, 2012
full timer wrote:
I hope they do offer a buy out I would take in a heartbeat. I would be first in line. They paid for school already got offers on table come on buy out. Even though you are full of crap
A buy out of what? We have no pension plan or retirement, we have a 401k. Unless you started your career up north there is no such thing as retirement at JDPP. Good luck with that worthless professional studies piece of paper from Tusculum!
7yr2ndr

United States

#15 Apr 16, 2012
scrounger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like somebodys pluggin for the union again.Did'nt we have a thread about this a year or so ago??? What they need is a massive house cleanin,get rid of all the dead weight.The ones abusing HMLA,and the pillheads that are full time.Im willin to bet that based on what I've read on here and from folks I know that work there that if they did a random drug test on the whole plant they wouldnt be able cover first shift.Theres good,clean temps who have been there for a long time who deserve the positions that would open up.
I don't believe the plan is a union or non union thing, its just we have a softer belly here without a say in our working day.. Its so much easier to send us home on second, not having to pay VL or stay pay...We all know the all temp 2nd shift is a super success and they will incorporate it plantwide soon!! 519 units x $9 to $12 per hour VS 519 units x $13 to $16 per hr +benefits worth $3-8 bucks an hour-----even a yankee can do the math on that!

ohh ..Announce a drug test? MAYBE enough would show to run one line -one shift, just a matter of fact!!
hopenot

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2012
Old Bagger wrote:
<quoted text>A buy out of what? We have no pension plan or retirement, we have a 401k. Unless you started your career up north there is no such thing as retirement at JDPP. Good luck with that worthless professional studies piece of paper from Tusculum!
Probably pay for unused VL and a couple mos pay diff
scrounger

Hermitage, TN

#17 Apr 16, 2012
7yr2ndr wrote:
<quoted text>
Announce a drug test? MAYBE enough would show to run one line -one shift, just a matter of fact!!
Who said anything about announcing it.Close the door,lock the gate and tell everybody to report to the nurse,anybody who leaves automatically forfits their job.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#18 Apr 17, 2012
If you don't like it then don't come back. I like getting paid.
7yr2ndr

United States

#19 Apr 17, 2012
Zool wrote:
If you don't like it then don't come back. I like getting paid.
True! I'm stayin!!
full timer

Kingsport, TN

#20 Apr 19, 2012
Old Bagger wrote:
<quoted text>A buy out of what? We have no pension plan or retirement, we have a 401k. Unless you started your career up north there is no such thing as retirement at JDPP. Good luck with that worthless professional studies piece of paper from Tusculum!
My piece of paper s not from TC dumbass. why dont you get all the facts before shooting your mouth off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dunkin doughnuts 9 min Really 30
Sheriffs dept. turning around 9 min dingleberry 5
Jessica Myers 17 min Cheyenne 2
Flag at the hill. 22 min Cheyenne 14
Motorcycle wreck on Shake Rag Rd 36 min Angel 1
Thieves at the Greene county HWY Dept. 51 min Unbelievable 1
Amber Mathis 1 hr Yup 2
The Persecution Begins 2 hr Phil is Wrong 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance