Child Support screwing over men!!!
xxx

Nashville, TN

#21 Dec 25, 2010
what about wemen that want pay their child suport.men or wemen that want pay their support it is sad.remember its not about the parents it is about the kids.help raise your kids men or wemen.
single dad

Hendersonville, TN

#22 Dec 25, 2010
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I just have to say that as for the dr visits only being a few a yr....when children are under 5 the visits are usually more often. Especially if you have one with a low immune system and catches everything coming and going! That is great that you have not had to ask her for support. Maybe you would have been surprised @ the judge if he/she had awarded it to you. But, alot of women make the dad pay WAY WAY too much $$.
I do hope your son does not grow up with your attitude about women being only good for one thing. That is a shitty way of looking @ women in general. Not all are as bad as your ex may have been. With your attitude, she may be much better off without you!
child support was awarded to me and she offered to pay.but i never took the first payment . she had another kid by previous marrage .so i didnt wont to make it hard on them . but you look at most of the woman these days looking for something for nothing . i i wonder if these posting on here are drawing food stamps. free ins. prob a check also . and raggigg the kids dad . some kids be better off with ther dad. so come on ladys if the sho fits put it on . ARE YOU ALL DAEDBEAT MOMS
so what

Tampa, FL

#23 Dec 25, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter when it is said that some of the support is for rent and utilities. So I guess if a child isn't present the couple wouldn't have rent/mortgage, an electric, water bill? I mean I understand that a child makes these utilities a bit more expensive but not much. And you didn't answer the initial question. If 300 dollars a month "isn't shit" explain how 600 dollars a month is spent on the child who is older and in elementary school?
It does not matter.. If the child is in school, then you have lunch money, school trips, pictures or anything else they send home. you have to have school supplies, school clothes, if they are younger there is a possibility of some form of child care, dr visits, prescriptions. plus saving for college or anything else the cild may need.
single dad

Hendersonville, TN

#24 Dec 25, 2010
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter.. If the child is in school, then you have lunch money, school trips, pictures or anything else they send home. you have to have school supplies, school clothes, if they are younger there is a possibility of some form of child care, dr visits, prescriptions. plus saving for college or anything else the cild may need.
yea but a lot of moms thats all free.pictures what 30 at the most year. school trips maybey 50 a year. school supplies maybe 100 year most . health care in most cases its free . and a lot eat free at school . so come on ladys you cant fool me.ive did it all since he was 1 year old. hes 14 now . so cut the crap . a lot of women thinks the dad ort to pay out the butt. news flash it took 2 to make the kids
ilovemykid

Brentwood, TN

#25 Dec 25, 2010
I pay over $600 a month, have insurance, and pay half her tuition(actually all because I know her mother pays the other part with what I pay her). I also pay half the Dr. bills. And all because her mother chooses not to work. The system is flawed, but there's nothing we can do about it until some jackwagon decides to change the law again. The greatest thing is, after they adjusted it, the mother got a brand new living room suite and a new to her car(3 YEAR OLD CAR). What's even better is I said something to her and she said my daughter is the 1 who messed them up. My living room suite wasn't messed up and neither was my car, but there's no since in arguing with someone that can't comprehend discipline to the child. So, I guess we just have to deal with the cards that have been dealt. It's our fault for getting the crazy bitches pregnant in the 1st place. Also, we kinda owe them a thanks for giving us the best thing that's happened to us. OUR CHILD, OR CHILDREN!!!!!!!
Real Deal

Redmond, WA

#26 Dec 25, 2010
I regained custody of my son when he was 13. His mom calls me,tells me she can't control his behavior and I go get him. Cool.He lived with me (still does at 25) until he turns 19 and I get a nasty letter from child support. Where I was an idiot and didn't change custody through the court system I had to pay her from 14 through 20 because he was still in school. They told me the court decision was irreversible, even though I had custody. If you think it sucks paying it now, do it twice. Take care of your children. I was bitter for a while but hell it is only money.Id rather have my son.
Interprid

Spartanburg, SC

#27 Dec 25, 2010
To Keri- you just have to deal with it if you want to be with him. That's why I NEVER EVER dated a man paying child support..And would not now if I were single. knew the cost emotionally AND financially would be great and take money away from me. Shrugs. That's just being honest. Having worked in the legal field for 30+ years, very seldom was child support fair to either party. You either had a deadbeat parent who didn't want to pay anything or very little for their kids, or a gravitious scheming parent who socked it financially to the other parent. The fair parents who worked together to take the best care of their kids were few and far between.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#28 Dec 25, 2010
tinker wrote:
men need to start thinking with their minds and not their penis and they wouldn't get into this situation. It takes alot more than 200 to 300 a month to raise a child.
dont ever trust a girl if she says she is on the pill....why leave all the power in her hands but fuss when it doesnt turn out the way you want.
on another note if a woman receives any kind of state assistance ie food stamps etc does the state automatically go after the father for child support?
Yes they do. I am unable to get medical insurance where I work because the business has too few employees to get reasonable insurance rates. Therefore I had to apply for Tenncare for my child. When asked if I recieve child support and I did not, they took him to court for it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#29 Dec 25, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter when it is said that some of the support is for rent and utilities. So I guess if a child isn't present the couple wouldn't have rent/mortgage, an electric, water bill? I mean I understand that a child makes these utilities a bit more expensive but not much. And you didn't answer the initial question. If 300 dollars a month "isn't shit" explain how 600 dollars a month is spent on the child who is older and in elementary school?
The older the child the more expenses. There are school costs/fees to be paid, school insurance, sports equipment if they are in sports, field trip fees, bus fees for those trips, special projects such as science fair that the kids are required to participate in. Keeping an elementary school age child in clothes per year is unbelievably expensive. They can out grow clothing and shoes in a very short time span. School supplies alone can cost as much as $100 for the beginning of school, and many such as pencils, pens, erasers,paper and markers have to be replenished through out the year.
That is JUST the school side of things. They eat more, recreation costs more, they no longer get in free for any events, parks, swimming, etc. Their toys cost more, have you priced a bike for a kid recently?
FACT is... rent,utilities,food,and clothing are neccesities and it is irrelevant that the custodial parent would have to pay them even without a child. The cost of a larger place to live is in direct proportion to how many people there are. Without the child a smaller place to live, therefore less cost.
Melissa

Fort Campbell, TN

#30 Dec 25, 2010
single dad wrote:
<quoted text>child support was awarded to me and she offered to pay.but i never took the first payment . she had another kid by previous marrage .so i didnt wont to make it hard on them . but you look at most of the woman these days looking for something for nothing . i i wonder if these posting on here are drawing food stamps. free ins. prob a check also . and raggigg the kids dad . some kids be better off with ther dad. so come on ladys if the sho fits put it on . ARE YOU ALL DAEDBEAT MOMS
Well, that was very nice of you to think of the other child, yet still be able to provide for yours :) You are correct....there are ALOT of men & women who are worthless and take anything 'free' they can get and STILL take all they can from the other parent. People need to realize it is for the CHILD, not them. Yes, rent, utilities, groceries, school lunch and trips, gas money, after school activities etc have to be paid either from c/s or your bank acct. ALL this BEFORE custodial parent goes and spends ANY $$ on themselves.
In your first post you did sound rather hateful and down right disrespectful to women so I replied. This post actually sounds like you have a heart :) Merry Christmas to you and your son.
single dad

Hendersonville, TN

#31 Dec 25, 2010
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that was very nice of you to think of the other child, yet still be able to provide for yours :) You are correct....there are ALOT of men & women who are worthless and take anything 'free' they can get and STILL take all they can from the other parent. People need to realize it is for the CHILD, not them. Yes, rent, utilities, groceries, school lunch and trips, gas money, after school activities etc have to be paid either from c/s or your bank acct. ALL this BEFORE custodial parent goes and spends ANY $$ on themselves.
In your first post you did sound rather hateful and down right disrespectful to women so I replied. This post actually sounds like you have a heart :) Merry Christmas to you and your son.
thank you and you hav a merry chritsmas also . seems like you may hav a little sence also . you must be from greystone lol
Yep

Hendersonville, TN

#32 Dec 25, 2010
You forgot health and dental insurance. I pay almost 165 a month in health and 80 a month in dental.
MsOriginality wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say the mother spends more than 400-600 dollars a month on this child. Lets see...House payment or rent...groceries..lights..wate r..cable..telephone..house insurance(unless they rent)..car payment (to get the child to and from where they need to go..car insurance..gas..hygiene supplies..clothes..shoes..scho ol supplies..school trips..school breakfast and lunch. Did I forget anything? Plus if she has physical custody of the child then she is most responsible to do things like homework and such. If he is paying 200-300 dollars a month he is getting off cheap.
Child support standards here are 21% of his income per pay period. This is also based on him having normal visitations of Fri evening to Sunday evening. If he has them less than that she is eligible for more support from him!
You might as well get over the problem you seem to have with him supporting his child, because he will be doing it until the child is 18 or out of college.
Yep

Hendersonville, TN

#33 Dec 25, 2010
Doesnt matter whether she is single or not... Its biologically not her new man's kid. So its not really his responsibility. A good "step dad" will shower her child with love. That is just a bonus. A blessing. But NOT his job to provide for that child when that child has a biological father that provided the sperm that made that kid. And that amount aint jack shit compared to how much it costs to raise a kid.
Kari-Lyn wrote:
I forgot to add that the childs mom is not single....She is married so they already have a 2-income household. Just think this is important because I know it would be hard if you were paying utilities etc. on your own. However, this is not the case
Kari-Lyn

Kingston Springs, TN

#34 Dec 25, 2010
Support Your Children wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell you don't have children. You are the typical "New" girlfriend. If you are so against his childsupport, your best bet is to go ahead and leave. He will have this payment till his child/children are atleast 18. There isn't anything about a child that is cheap. I have two girls, one 7 the other 12 & there is always something that they need, not just want, NEED!! So you better just get over yourself or you are gonna be in for much disapointment later on in this relationship. Women will come and go but his child/children will always be there so your gonna have to get use to it!! Goodluck with your jealousy cause that's exactly what it sounds like to me.
I am afraid you are sadly mistaken. I have 2 children of my own. I would suppose that is how I know that 600 dollars a month is not spent per child per month. My children are 14 and 20. My oldest son is in college in pre-med. Fortunately, he gets scholarships that covers most of his tuition. I however pay all his utilities and other expenses using a savings fund I opened for him when he was a baby. My other son is in high school and he has everything he could possibly need and want and I have paid for it all by myself. I am not saying this bitterly or to be bragging. I knew their father was having a rough time financially when they were younger and I chose not to ask him or drag him to court for money.
They have a very good relationship with their dad and he would go to the moon and back for them. My 14 year old's school lunches are a whole whopping $1.50 a day and breakfast 1.00 a day.( I actually live in Atlanta, am in Tn visiting for the holidays so not sure how much lunches are around here) Wow almost 3 whole dollars a day to eat at school! Let's see 2.50 dollars times 5 is $12.50 a week. Let's say $600.00 dollars a year for clothes and 200.00 dollars a year for school supplies. 100 bucks a year for field trips, 500.00 bucks a year for x-tra curricular activities. So thats about 500 bucks for school food with all the other stuff added in is still only 1,800 dollars a year. So even paying 300 a month you are still left with 1800 bucks a year to do with for anything else that comes up. So really I guess women like yourself who are milking it with thier kids have it lucky...You have the children but don't have to hardly spend a dime on them. And as far as a "new" girlfriend, I have been with my fiance for 5 years so that's off too. And I am so jealous that I pick him up my fiances son every wednesday and friday and went out just last week and bought him a playstation 3 with 5 games along with clothes, cologne and shoes.We also keep him EVERY weekend...By CHOICE. So no,I am not jealous just wondering why some women seem to take such advantage of the child support system. And speaking of jealousy....Sounds like you may have alittle resentment of "girlfriend" of your childrens father yourself. Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!
Chelsea

Kingston Springs, TN

#35 Dec 25, 2010
I get four hundred bucks a month CS and I have one girl who is 7. Four hundred definitely covers all her needs plus I get money for things I want. Manicures, hair, car payment. I admit its wrong but oh well......His loss my gain and he can do nothing about it. Plus the courts set it up not me
seems fair

Madison, TN

#36 Dec 25, 2010
I think whoever gets the child support wether it be the mother or father should provide documentation/receipts where the money is spent.Just my opinion.
dad of 3

Neosho, MO

#37 Dec 25, 2010
seems fair wrote:
I think whoever gets the child support wether it be the mother or father should provide documentation/receipts where the money is spent.Just my opinion.
amen!!! Have been saying this for years.
men these days

Elizabethtown, KY

#38 Dec 25, 2010
well wrote:
i had a ex that got child support the lived in another state well they sent he a check every month and then just took the support out of my check every week! they kept the kids from me and every time when i was aloud to see them or get them for weekend the law was always involved. it got to the point i couldn't find her to give her the kids back so i could get back to tn to got to work on time and lost several jobs. i even went to the police station and told them we cant find her and they instructed me that if i left and went back to tn with the kids they could get me for kidnapping! the kids after say 4 years old never seen me because of this and to this day still dont know me
but i paid 198.00a week plus insurance and sometimes i just made 200 to 300 a week!
well after 18 years it comes out that he kids was not mine and dna was done and they wasn't mine!
So yes Men get shafted no matter what!!
Don't blame the court system because YOU didn't have a paternity test done! Even if you believed all this time they were yours, that isn't the fault of the courts.
whatever

Hendersonville, TN

#39 Dec 25, 2010
In Tennessee it is hard to find a place to rent that is under 450 a month. Then you need gas to get them to school.. lunch money.. health and dental insurance.. car insurance.. house insurance.. clothes.. school supplies.. groceries.. detergent.. yearbooks.. field trips..shampoo..toothpaste.. shoes. Are your kids doing without all these things? Because you seem to have forgotten how expensive it is to raise them. You think you can just come into his life and pawn his kid off on the mother's new boyfriend- you are full of shit. That kid was there before you came along. And yes you are jealous otherwise you wouldnt be complaining that he is getting that money. You probably want him spend that money on you and your two kids. Hate it for you.
Kari-Lyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid you are sadly mistaken. I have 2 children of my own. I would suppose that is how I know that 600 dollars a month is not spent per child per month. My children are 14 and 20. My oldest son is in college in pre-med. Fortunately, he gets scholarships that covers most of his tuition. I however pay all his utilities and other expenses using a savings fund I opened for him when he was a baby. My other son is in high school and he has everything he could possibly need and want and I have paid for it all by myself. I am not saying this bitterly or to be bragging. I knew their father was having a rough time financially when they were younger and I chose not to ask him or drag him to court for money.
They have a very good relationship with their dad and he would go to the moon and back for them. My 14 year old's school lunches are a whole whopping $1.50 a day and breakfast 1.00 a day.( I actually live in Atlanta, am in Tn visiting for the holidays so not sure how much lunches are around here) Wow almost 3 whole dollars a day to eat at school! Let's see 2.50 dollars times 5 is $12.50 a week. Let's say $600.00 dollars a year for clothes and 200.00 dollars a year for school supplies. 100 bucks a year for field trips, 500.00 bucks a year for x-tra curricular activities. So thats about 500 bucks for school food with all the other stuff added in is still only 1,800 dollars a year. So even paying 300 a month you are still left with 1800 bucks a year to do with for anything else that comes up. So really I guess women like yourself who are milking it with thier kids have it lucky...You have the children but don't have to hardly spend a dime on them. And as far as a "new" girlfriend, I have been with my fiance for 5 years so that's off too. And I am so jealous that I pick him up my fiances son every wednesday and friday and went out just last week and bought him a playstation 3 with 5 games along with clothes, cologne and shoes.We also keep him EVERY weekend...By CHOICE. So no,I am not jealous just wondering why some women seem to take such advantage of the child support system. And speaking of jealousy....Sounds like you may have alittle resentment of "girlfriend" of your childrens father yourself. Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!
ahem

Johnson City, TN

#40 Dec 25, 2010
Melissa wrote:
Child support now is based on BOTH parents income. Not just the fathers. I believe medical bills are figured in also if there is a medical problem that is dealt with monthly. It use to be that the father got the raw end of the deal but not as bad nowadays. I was married to a man who had 3 boys from a previous marriage that of course pd c/s. Also, 1/2 of medical, dental etc that was not covered by ins. Including OTC meds. He was given a guilt trip by the boys & mom to pay for 1/2 of each of their vehicles (Landrovers & Jeeps) & to top it off, when the oldest went to college, he HAD to pay 1/2 of all that comes with "dorm life" & getting his room ready. When the child moved into an apt because he did not like the dorm, dad pd 1/2 utilities AND 1/2 of what it cost to TAKE OUT CHILDS GIRLFRIEND!!!! No sh*t!! He paid out 49% of his ck JUST on c/s weekly!! It pays to have a good lawyer in a divorce for each parent.
Sounds like he spoiled the child....he didn't like the dorm? well guess what? GET OVER IT! GET A JOB! PAY FOR YOUR APT AND GIRLFRIEND!...after all he is in college, and an ADULT! That's not child support...that's adult support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sally Yates 1 hr Dare2love 10
Heavy traffic drug dealing in South Greene area 1 hr Wow 9
Kendra Tweed (Oct '15) 2 hr Grapes 54
Linda Hensley Middle Creek 3 hr Curious 1
Marie Tweed Definitely NOT changed 3 hr Friedtaters 15
Good women scarce in Greeneville 4 hr Okay okay 22
Pilot Hill Restaurant 4 hr Okay okay 26

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance