Child Support screwing over men!!!
guy

Norwood, MA

#335 Apr 17, 2013
I see a lot of people factoring housing electricity and water into there childs expenses. I think that is unfair because one would have to pay for those things without a child and electricity and water are effected to greatly by children
You betcha

Greeneville, TN

#336 Apr 17, 2013
Yes one would but, child support clearly labels all the above as part of child support.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#337 Apr 18, 2013
Child support factors both parents income, insurance, babysitters, medical bills, extra expenses such as extreme travel costs to see the child and the time the child spends in each home. All the rest is daily living and IS NOT a factor in child support.

Since: Jan 13

Utica, KY

#338 Apr 18, 2013
Not saying this would work for everyone..it has been a wonderful divorce. This has been like 7 yrs ago. Judge had my ex pay 1500.00 per month. I hated to but i took it for 1 year. At that time i had just started my business. By the end of the first year i was doing well, so i had my attorney draw up papers no child support from either, we get the boys 1 week at a time. The x kept his farm and new house at the time of the divorce i bought another little farm with a house. Anyway the whole point is there is no animosoty, everything very good. All happy. I just thinkthe money issue hurts the men too much

Location hidden

#339 Apr 18, 2013
kristilou wrote:
Not saying this would work for everyone..it has been a wonderful divorce. This has been like 7 yrs ago. Judge had my ex pay 1500.00 per month. I hated to but i took it for 1 year. At that time i had just started my business. By the end of the first year i was doing well, so i had my attorney draw up papers no child support from either, we get the boys 1 week at a time. The x kept his farm and new house at the time of the divorce i bought another little farm with a house. Anyway the whole point
is there is no animosoty, everything very good.
All happy. I just thinkthe money issue hurts the
men too much
Most women wouldn't do this, even if they could. BUT, the State of TN now has new guidelines and it is an act of congress to get anyone to deviate from them. The closest I have come is in court, my lawyer, my ex's lawyer and us working together to get the "numbers" scrunched enough to make it a comfortable support payment for us both. If we ever have to go through Child support court to "evaluate", he's screwed unless I can manage to scrunch enough on my own to still comply with the guidelines but maintain a lower payment from him so he doesn't feel overwhelmed. The sad thing is that hardly anyone puts the children first anymore... It's all about money and the material things. It's sad.

Since: Jan 13

Tucker, GA

#340 Apr 18, 2013
Nah, no one ever has enuff money so forget that. The x comes over for bdays, holidays whenever he wants. Absolutely no bad feelings. The boys dont remember us even being married they were so young.

Location hidden

#341 Apr 18, 2013
My ex and I have had our issues but since our divorce, they have been very minimal. Be there for the kids is my only issue. They cannot help that they were brought ion this world by us.
Spectral Riders

Goshen, IN

#342 Apr 23, 2013
Momma wrote:
It takes alot to raise children. You have to put a roof over thier head,clothes on their back,food in their stomach.lights,water,school supplies,shoes,medicine and doctor bills when thier sick,personal hygiene products to keep them clean,I could go on and on but I will just say that 200 or 300 dollars a month from the dad is nothin. It should def. be alot more. Men get off way to easy when it comes to child support and it's really sad.
What if the men, is paying the support, but buying the Jordan's, the clothes, and school supplies..... She doesn't have to run to the ER every time he coughs, If you know your child, you know the proper medicines to give them.
Just cause she knows she gets CS, shouldn't mean she has the right to run up the tab.

Location hidden

#343 Apr 23, 2013
Spectral Riders wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the men, is paying the support, but buying the Jordan's, the clothes, and school supplies..... She doesn't have to run to the ER every time he coughs, If you know your child, you know the proper medicines to give them.
Just cause she knows she gets CS, shouldn't mean she has the right to run up the tab.
The man should only be paying half of those costs... It's only fair. Maybe the man needs to take another look at his parenting plan and see... And he should also take all the receipts into child support court when they go and prove that he is footing the bill on it all... And his child support should be decreased if there is a 15% change in numbers once all is computed... What most people do not realize, paper trails are easy to keep... Calendars of time spent, appointments, extra costs, receipts, clothing, travel expense, medical insurance, school fees, day care.... If played right, all of these are beneficial to have proof of. If the other party is trying to abuse the situation, this is the way to stop it.
newmom

Cookeville, TN

#344 Jul 16, 2013
My husband pays $700 a month for his 3 year old daughter and 7 year old son. She is no longer in diapers and she has a minimum wage job. He has worked his way to where he is in his plant. They do not pay for daycare because she works at the daycare. So where is this $700 going? I see them in the same clothes week by week. She is buying a new house and everything. We are recently married and there is nothing we can do to get the payments to go down. We have shared custody of the kids. We make all of the medical payments and everything they need. I don't mind helping to keep them healthy and give them more than they need but I would rather keep half of that child support and take them on trips and buy them new nice things instead of it going in her pocket. Any words of advice?
Lol

Jonesborough, TN

#345 Jul 16, 2013
newmom wrote:
My husband pays $700 a month for his 3 year old daughter and 7 year old son. She is no longer in diapers and she has a minimum wage job. He has worked his way to where he is in his plant. They do not pay for daycare because she works at the daycare. So where is this $700 going? I see them in the same clothes week by week. She is buying a new house and everything. We are recently married and there is nothing we can do to get the payments to go down. We have shared custody of the kids. We make all of the medical payments and everything they need. I don't mind helping to keep them healthy and give them more than they need but I would rather keep half of that child support and take them on trips and buy them new nice things instead of it going in her pocket. Any words of advice?
Yeah get over it- he had those kids before you came along and really as much as you'd like it to be even of you're married it's still none of your business. It's his job to pay and provide for them not you.
Pffffftttt

Greeneville, TN

#346 Jul 16, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah get over it- he had those kids before you came along and really as much as you'd like it to be even of you're married it's still none of your business. It's his job to pay and provide for them not you.
The lady above sounds like a sweet person. She wants to care for the kids. You are just being negative.

Location hidden

#347 Jul 16, 2013
newmom wrote:
My husband pays $700 a month for his 3 year old daughter and 7 year old son. She is no longer in diapers and she has a minimum wage job. He has worked his way to where he is in his plant. They do not pay for daycare because she works at the daycare. So where is this $700 going? I see them in the same clothes week by week. She is buying a new house and everything. We are recently married and there is nothing we can do to get
the payments to go down. We have shared
custody of the kids. We make all of the medical
payments and everything they need. I don't mind helping to keep them healthy and give them more
than they need but I would rather keep half of
that child support and take them on trips and buy
them new nice things instead of it going in her
pocket. Any words of advice?
Child support enforcement re-evaluates cases every three years automatically, but will re-evaluate sooner if asked to. Maybe he needs to call an ask them to set up a court date and y'all go back into court. If he can get a lawyer, do it. Medical costs should be half to each parent and if there is a question as to where the child support is going, they can require her to keep receipts of everything paid out for each child... Housing and car payments do not count. Worse case scenario, they lower his child support and require both parents to keep a paper trail... It's all in how honest you are being and if the children's best interest is at heart, he will prevail.

Since: Jun 13

Jonesborough, TN

#348 Jul 16, 2013
GApeach-TNflower wrote:
<quoted text>
Child support enforcement re-evaluates cases every three years automatically, but will re-evaluate sooner if asked to. Maybe he needs to call an ask them to set up a court date and y'all go back into court. If he can get a lawyer, do it. Medical costs should be half to each parent and if there is a question as to where the child support is going, they can require her to keep receipts of everything paid out for each child... Housing and car payments do not count. Worse case scenario, they lower his child support and require both parents to keep a paper trail... It's all in how honest you are being and if the children's best interest is at heart, he will prevail.
I thought it was every two years?

Location hidden

#349 Jul 16, 2013
BlueCadaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was every two years?
Not unless they've changed it recently?
mja

Sheridan, AR

#350 Aug 13, 2013
I am very pissed! My child support case should have been finished years ago. Now the state of La is saying I owe more. With the thousands that was kept from my tax returns and the time my child lived with my wife and I, I can't get a break! I reported to ocse when my child lived with me but they never responded. I talked to the da in the county where I lived and still never got anything done. I paid support and did everything a father should do yet they demand more. I don't understand, and talking to them goes nowhere. That sorry ass mother can live on welfare and not get off her ass to get a job and everybody has to pay. She always had pot to smoke and got caught riding with other drugs in the car, so I ask the same question I asked years ago, WHY THE HELL IS IT LEGAL FOR HER TO BE ON WELFARE WHILE SHE'S ON DRUGS AND TAKE FROM SOMEONE ELSE!
theangryguy

Johnson City, TN

#351 Aug 14, 2013
NOT TO SOME THEY AREN'T! THE ONE'S THAT GET OUT OF JAIL AND 2 OR MORE KIDS, DOESN'T HAVE TO PAY NOTHING! THEY GET FOOD STAMPS TOO! IT IS WRONG THAT MOST OF US HAVE TO PAY AND THE LOSER'S DON'T!
screwed

Richlands, VA

#352 Aug 14, 2013
Pffffftttt wrote:
<quoted text>The lady above sounds like a sweet person. She wants to care for the kids. You are just being negative.
I could not agree more!! What is wrong with these people??? Anyone that thinks it doesn't cost 6 or 700 a month to care for a child has never cared full time for a child. Aside from clothes & food the kids have to have elec, roof over their heads, insurance, you must have & maintain a vehicle so you can take them where they need to go. A deadbeat is the only one that could possibly think that you can raise & provide for a kid on a few hundred bucks a month. These women that are pissed b/c their new hubby is giving part of his check to his ex need a reality check. Here's a tip, put the kids first, put their needs ahead of your own. You shouldn't have married someone that has kids if you didn't want to deal with child support. Any real woman/man would be thinking of a way to do more for their children & step children, not less.
screwed

Richlands, VA

#353 Aug 14, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOPS!!! I meant to reply to this, not the "quit being negative" post lol!! The deadbeats need a reality check & I must need more than just spellcheck lolol!!
ABBACADABRA

Mount Juliet, TN

#354 Aug 22, 2013
The amount of child support arrears owed to some mothers or fathers for that fact, are astronomical! If you are going to bring a child into this world, you need to provide for it. I, myself would want nothing to do with any person, who has to be taken into a court of law and forced to provide for his or her child. And for the record, if a custodial parent does not work, but is physically able to, the court will impute a salary amount for them, it is normally minimum wage at 40 hours per week. So quit complaining on a man that is providing for his child. it's none of your concern anyway, unless you want that money for your own. Children first and formost!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tramp taxes 9 min Murican 8
mobile patrols sucks 18 min william 1
Ninas soul food 32 min Siri 15
Greeneville Bands 2 hr Francis Scott Key 10
8 years 2 hr Francis Scott Key 42
Property tax increase. 2 hr Walter P Taylor 48
pos people you always see on mobile patrol 2 hr Megyn Kelley 9
Carmen weems 5 hr Jennie 54

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web