Child Support screwing over men!!!
Skeletor

Gallatin, TN

#288 Jun 24, 2012
I get my child almost 95% of the time ( parenting plan calls for a 50/50 split but the child wants to be with me more.....which I love). And I still pay child support. I do it because I want to make sure the other household has extra money since my child lives there some.

I agree that the courts have made the child support rules against men. Especially if the men didn't want or do anything to cause a divorce. This is truly a form of discrimination and each case is not looked at seperately.

However, if you are a father, it is your DUTY & RESPONSIBILITY to care for your child! if you have to pay, then pay. I can't stand all the men I meet who say that they only get their kids every other week-end. HELL NO! No way will I not get less than 50% of time with my kids. Guess what, the more time you spend with your kids, the less che support you pay. Kind of amazing isn't it.

So, from one divorced dad to the others... BE MEN! Stop letting other men raise your kids. Or, give up your rights if you aren't man enough to do what's right.

Since: Jan 12

Columbia, SC

#289 Jun 24, 2012
These agencies DO NOT have the children's BEST INTERESTS at heart. They are political agencies and can be unduly influenced by the parties! I would recommend arbitration by a third party and KEEP OUT the govt agencies. Everyone loses, mom, dad, and the children!
neighbor

Manchester, TN

#290 Jun 25, 2012
If you don't like paying for your child then you should learn to use protection, and this goes for men and women alike. A child is a two way street both parents are responsible for raising them. 300 is nothing a month think about food, clothing, medical and not just a trip to the doctor, but the cough syrups for colds, band aids for cuts and scrapes, the sun block. It adds up quick, and if you think it is unfair child support is dictated by the amount of income you have a month, and in most cases is around 10%, so in all actuality it is a small portion of your income. Usually when it is above 10% is when you piss the judge off, and then they will go towards the higher end of the spectrum at 21% being the maximum. I hate to see a single parent man or woman raising a child by themselves because the other is a low life that can't take responsibility for their child.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#291 Jun 25, 2012
What do u think of a single Grandma raising their children without child support for 8 years?
rethink

Johnson City, TN

#292 Jun 25, 2012
neighbor wrote:
If you don't like paying for your child then you should learn to use protection, and this goes for men and women alike. A child is a two way street both parents are responsible for raising them. 300 is nothing a month think about food, clothing, medical and not just a trip to the doctor, but the cough syrups for colds, band aids for cuts and scrapes, the sun block. It adds up quick, and if you think it is unfair child support is dictated by the amount of income you have a month, and in most cases is around 10%, so in all actuality it is a small portion of your income. Usually when it is above 10% is when you piss the judge off, and then they will go towards the higher end of the spectrum at 21% being the maximum. I hate to see a single parent man or woman raising a child by themselves because the other is a low life that can't take responsibility for their child.
Think your wrong. There is a set amount the court uses. Can't remember for sure, but I think it's like 18% for 1 child and 21% for 2. Not sure though. I pay and don't complain. Get my kid all the time and pay for almost everything else. He's my life.
SeekingJustice

Park Ridge, IL

#293 Jun 26, 2012
tinker wrote:
men need to start thinking with their minds and not their penis and they wouldn't get into this situation. It takes alot more than 200 to 300 a month to raise a child.
dont ever trust a girl if she says she is on the pill....why leave all the power in her hands but fuss when it doesnt turn out the way you want.
on another note if a woman receives any kind of state assistance ie food stamps etc does the state automatically go after the father for child support?
That's not fair. I think that if a woman is dumb enough to get knocked up in this day and age, it should be her responsibility to pay for her own child.
My fiance's ex not only lied about being on the pill, but she punched holes in the condom with a pin.
Now he is paying for a child he knew he wasn't ready for and never gets to see (and trust me, it's NOT cheap and puts a HUGE strain on our income since we are both college students) while his ex is already living off of another guy that knocked her up plus she gets all the government support in the book (including free insurance for her and her kids) plus support from her parents and let's not forget: OUR hard-earned income.
The system is VERY flawed and I pray for the day it changes.
We once spent a whole month on ramen noodles while she was visiting the salon every week and buying her kids those high-end electronic games.
I don't think that's fair at all.
Harold

Kingsland, GA

#295 Jul 1, 2012
Momma wrote:
It takes alot to raise children. You have to put a roof over thier head,clothes on their back,food in their stomach.lights,water,school supplies,shoes,medicine and doctor bills when thier sick,personal hygiene products to keep them clean,I could go on and on but I will just say that 200 or 300 dollars a month from the dad is nothin. It should def. be alot more. Men get off way to easy when it comes to child support and it's really sad.
i dont mind paying my child support i want my son to know i did all i could. my ex wife owes me 30 thousand dollars and the child support office where i live has done nothing i raised 2 children own my own. now i have a son i pay support i dont get to have any contact and when i got laid ff they didnt lower my support and then my unemployment run out. i have been looking for work they know i have and because i am behind they want to put me in jail but they refuse to let me go to court to fix the problem and i have never been ordered to pay support one day they just started taking it out of my check
Harold

Kingsland, GA

#296 Jul 1, 2012
The state of Tennessee need to do thier job i have tried everything so i could have some contact with my son and they say we can make you pay but we cant make the other parent let you see your son what and who have we put in office that dont have the sense to know right from wrong
Tim

Pleasant Lake, IN

#297 Jul 20, 2012
Wow. So you are assuming the guy did something wrong to deserve losing his family and paying ungodly money in child support? Wake up. The child support system is idiotic and needs to be fixed.
Tim

Pleasant Lake, IN

#298 Jul 20, 2012
I understand that the custodial parent has to pay for housing, electricity, food, car, and many other things. But those are all items a single person with no children would pay for too! So to make an argument that the noncustodial parent should pay more in order for the custodial parent to provide those things is ridiculous. I wish I only paid $300 a month. They base the amount you pay on your income so the chid's quality of life isn't affected. In my case, their mother wanted to make sure her quality of party life improved! I pay for all daycare, 66% of all school related supplies, and 100% of medical insurance on top of the $900 a month I have to pay. And with all of the debt I incurred from the divorce, I am no longer able to afford the 2500sq ft home with 5.5 acres of yard available to my kids to play in when they come over, which is quite often and I love it. But I have to trade in this great house for a small, more affordable apartment with no yard. Now where is the negative effect on the quality of life? I hope she enjoys her Friday night bar hopping!!
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#301 Jul 20, 2012
The ones complaining about having to pay child support are actually the ones that wants to make them but doesn't want to support them. If you don't want the responsiblity, don't have sex!!!!
Angry

Haslet, TX

#304 Aug 6, 2012
You worthless rat piece of shit..bitches..! Living off someone else. You women enjoy the lights, water, and roof.. As well! I grew up with very little .. It didn't cost remotley close to 400 a month to raise me. Food was provided for all ... Not just me and that was no more then 150 a month. Clothes and shoes only when school started and cost no more then 100! Leaches.. This women have become! By the way I have a daughter and my baby lives great..nice house ..clothes..plenty of food..toys..oh the electric water ..blah blah.. Doesn't cost that you rats say it does! Get a job...stop depending on child support! My mother was a strong women..helped my father until he passed away..and carried on and we lived just fine without help from anyone ! Sick of these women. I see you types of women .! Pathetic excuses for mothers!
Judyrios19

United States

#306 Aug 12, 2012
Well I live in Texas and currently I get 300 dollars a week, but it's voluntary child support. It helps a lot and a lot of people have told me its to much but we have are children accustomed to certain things so that is the reason why. Single mother of a 5 m, 4 m, and 3 f.
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#307 Aug 12, 2012
How many times I got to stress this? If your a MALE and living in Tennessee, your screwed. The judges are horny and want to impress the ladies. Put your tail between your legs and enjoy!
The Judge

Burns, TN

#308 Aug 12, 2012
theangryguy wrote:
How many times I got to stress this? If your a MALE and living in Tennessee, your screwed. The judges are horny and want to impress the ladies. Put your tail between your legs and enjoy!
Make up your mind, in one breath you are bashing & the next you say the judge is on the woman's side.
like to know

Smyrna, TN

#309 Aug 13, 2012
Here's my situation and hopefully someone out there can help. I am a remarried mother of two with joint custody. My ex pays for health insurance for both children and just over 100 month for both in support. This amount I feel was extremely low but went along because at the time I too was working. I have recently become unemployed and money is tight. With me being home full time they have stayed with me even some during his scheduled time. Now school is about to start up again along with all the added expenses of driving them to and from. How would the judge figure in a far amount based on my situation?
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#311 Aug 13, 2012
The Judge wrote:
<quoted text>Make up your mind, in one breath you are bashing & the next you say the judge is on the woman's side.
Obviously common sense doesn't come around much in Greeneville. As I said,there's worthless men out there who wants to make them but not take care of them, then there's men who does take care of them and help raise them. The good men who do get stiffed by the courts and when that happens (usually always), it's because the judges are horny and want to impress the ladies. Then there are women out there that doesn't give a hoot about there own kids but the judges still let them have them. Figure it out!
The Judge

Burns, TN

#312 Aug 13, 2012
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously common sense doesn't come around much in Greeneville. As I said,there's worthless men out there who wants to make them but not take care of them, then there's men who does take care of them and help raise them. The good men who do get stiffed by the courts and when that happens (usually always), it's because the judges are horny and want to impress the ladies. Then there are women out there that doesn't give a hoot about there own kids but the judges still let them have them. Figure it out!
You are correct, common sense is not abundant here. You have only posted twice before now & you said nothing like this last post. First you were bashing men then you were bashing the judges for wanting to impress the moms. All of your posts are on this page.
theangryguy

Athens, TN

#313 Aug 13, 2012
The Judge wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct, common sense is not abundant here. You have only posted twice before now & you said nothing like this last post. First you were bashing men then you were bashing the judges for wanting to impress the moms. All of your posts are on this page.
I'm bashing the ones that doesn't WANT to take care of their kids and try to avoid child support. I bash the judges that are judging the ones that do take care of their kids and want to pay the support without arguing about. I bash the judges that are for the useless women out here that don't do a dam thing but wait for check to come in and want more.
The Judge

Burns, TN

#314 Aug 13, 2012
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm bashing the ones that doesn't WANT to take care of their kids and try to avoid child support. I bash the judges that are judging the ones that do take care of their kids and want to pay the support without arguing about. I bash the judges that are for the useless women out here that don't do a dam thing but wait for check to come in and want more.
Ok this I agree with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yo ladies 2 min Leonardo 46
Sav-Mor Foods (May '10) 21 min Regular Sav-Mor S... 30
suboxone clinic opens in baileyton (Mar '14) 26 min Another Day In Pa... 286
What's going on at Towering Oaks Baptist Church? (Feb '11) 1 hr Sandy 370
Tampons 1 hr Chatty 6
Lora Keith 1 hr Collards 22
Curious 1 hr Mr Jones 3
make america great again 14 hr Buf 138
I think I'm in Love 16 hr whothehellcares- 78
More from around the web