Child Support screwing over men!!!

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Kari-Lyn

Brentwood, TN

#1 Dec 24, 2010
I am currently engaged and my fiance has to pay child support for a child from his previous marriage. I think the amount is ridiculous. I understand that it is his responsibility to pay but this is SUPPOSE to be half of what is spent on the child monthly....I guess if men pay say around 200-300 dollars a month that the mom is spending 400 to 600 dollars a month on the kid?(Those not in daycare) I was just wondering what the average Child support payment locally is???? And any additional comments...
Momma

United States

#2 Dec 24, 2010
It takes alot to raise children. You have to put a roof over thier head,clothes on their back,food in their stomach.lights,water,school supplies,shoes,medicine and doctor bills when thier sick,personal hygiene products to keep them clean,I could go on and on but I will just say that 200 or 300 dollars a month from the dad is nothin. It should def. be alot more. Men get off way to easy when it comes to child support and it's really sad.
Some Dude

United States

#3 Dec 24, 2010
200-300 is getting off easy, I pay 1375 a month... and I'm waiting for that to go up anytime! Not to mention all the additional things I pay for on an almost weekly basis. It's not just about the expenses directly for the kid, but also the costs of the household they live in that the father no longer does. All in all court ordered rates are typicaly fair. Kids aren't cheap, but it gets better after they're out of school and on their own.
moody

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 24, 2010
I come from a different state. My dad has to pay $125 every month for me. I think it goes by how much the dad makes a month.
Kari-Lyn

Brentwood, TN

#5 Dec 24, 2010
I forgot to add that the childs mom is not single....She is married so they already have a 2-income household. Just think this is important because I know it would be hard if you were paying utilities etc. on your own. However, this is not the case
so what

Tampa, FL

#6 Dec 24, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
I forgot to add that the childs mom is not single....She is married so they already have a 2-income household. Just think this is important because I know it would be hard if you were paying utilities etc. on your own. However, this is not the case
Its not the mothers significant others job to contribute to the raising of this child, although when he got with the mother, its pretty much a given. Its just like saying, your boyfriend and you both have a job, so he should have to pay more child support. 2-300 a month isnt shit when it comes to raising a child.
UFC guy

Brentwood, TN

#7 Dec 24, 2010
Well I know exactly what you are saying. I pay 325 dollars a month. It may seem like getting off easy until you think about it. My child is 12. What parent spends 650 dollars a month on a 12 year old?(I am suppose to be paying 1/2 of her expenses) And her mother is married also. It's kinda like they have 2 incomes and a "bonus" check a month. The court system hates men. The woman will always be the one who comes out ahead. I too don't care to pay and grantd 325 dollars a month isn't a huge sum of money but it's definitely over half of what she needs for that month. Especially since she is married and utilities, rent and such is covered by her husband. Maybe one day the child support court system will wake up!
well

Gallatin, TN

#8 Dec 24, 2010
i had a ex that got child support the lived in another state well they sent he a check every month and then just took the support out of my check every week! they kept the kids from me and every time when i was aloud to see them or get them for weekend the law was always involved. it got to the point i couldn't find her to give her the kids back so i could get back to tn to got to work on time and lost several jobs. i even went to the police station and told them we cant find her and they instructed me that if i left and went back to tn with the kids they could get me for kidnapping! the kids after say 4 years old never seen me because of this and to this day still dont know me
but i paid 198.00a week plus insurance and sometimes i just made 200 to 300 a week!
well after 18 years it comes out that he kids was not mine and dna was done and they wasn't mine!
So yes Men get shafted no matter what!!
MsOriginality

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Dec 24, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
I am currently engaged and my fiance has to pay child support for a child from his previous marriage. I think the amount is ridiculous. I understand that it is his responsibility to pay but this is SUPPOSE to be half of what is spent on the child monthly....I guess if men pay say around 200-300 dollars a month that the mom is spending 400 to 600 dollars a month on the kid?(Those not in daycare) I was just wondering what the average Child support payment locally is???? And any additional comments...
I would say the mother spends more than 400-600 dollars a month on this child. Lets see...House payment or rent...groceries..lights..wate r..cable..telephone..house insurance(unless they rent)..car payment (to get the child to and from where they need to go..car insurance..gas..hygiene supplies..clothes..shoes..scho ol supplies..school trips..school breakfast and lunch. Did I forget anything? Plus if she has physical custody of the child then she is most responsible to do things like homework and such. If he is paying 200-300 dollars a month he is getting off cheap.

Child support standards here are 21% of his income per pay period. This is also based on him having normal visitations of Fri evening to Sunday evening. If he has them less than that she is eligible for more support from him!

You might as well get over the problem you seem to have with him supporting his child, because he will be doing it until the child is 18 or out of college.
tinker

Brentwood, TN

#10 Dec 24, 2010
men need to start thinking with their minds and not their penis and they wouldn't get into this situation. It takes alot more than 200 to 300 a month to raise a child.

dont ever trust a girl if she says she is on the pill....why leave all the power in her hands but fuss when it doesnt turn out the way you want.

on another note if a woman receives any kind of state assistance ie food stamps etc does the state automatically go after the father for child support?
Kari-Lyn

Brentwood, TN

#11 Dec 24, 2010
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the mothers significant others job to contribute to the raising of this child, although when he got with the mother, its pretty much a given. Its just like saying, your boyfriend and you both have a job, so he should have to pay more child support. 2-300 a month isnt shit when it comes to raising a child.
It does matter when it is said that some of the support is for rent and utilities. So I guess if a child isn't present the couple wouldn't have rent/mortgage, an electric, water bill? I mean I understand that a child makes these utilities a bit more expensive but not much. And you didn't answer the initial question. If 300 dollars a month "isn't shit" explain how 600 dollars a month is spent on the child who is older and in elementary school?
Question 4 ya

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Dec 24, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
Question for ya. If you were the mother of the child, the ex of the man would you feel like he was being screwed over? Or would you feel he was getting off easy?
Kari-Lyn

Brentwood, TN

#13 Dec 24, 2010
MsOriginality wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say the mother spends more than 400-600 dollars a month on this child. Lets see...House payment or rent...groceries..lights..wate r..cable..telephone..house insurance(unless they rent)..car payment (to get the child to and from where they need to go..car insurance..gas..hygiene supplies..clothes..shoes..scho ol supplies..school trips..school breakfast and lunch. Did I forget anything? Plus if she has physical custody of the child then she is most responsible to do things like homework and such. If he is paying 200-300 dollars a month he is getting off cheap.
Child support standards here are 21% of his income per pay period. This is also based on him having normal visitations of Fri evening to Sunday evening. If he has them less than that she is eligible for more support from him!
You might as well get over the problem you seem to have with him supporting his child, because he will be doing it until the child is 18 or out of college.
Yes I am sure if she didn't have this child she would be homeless and living under a bridge...She will have mortgage/utilities with or without a child...this is my point
Kari-Lyn

Brentwood, TN

#14 Dec 24, 2010
Question 4 ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for ya. If you were the mother of the child, the ex of the man would you feel like he was being screwed over? Or would you feel he was getting off easy?
If I were married and had had a two income family I wouldn't take my child's father to court demanding money constantly. I would rather my child have a good relationship with their father and let him help me out when he could rather than to be harrassing thier father all the time. She lives in a very nice large home and has told us on several occasions she doesn't need a dime, but rather just "feels like it is his responsibility to pay" and I am not disputing the fact. I just don't think the courts do it evenly.
Momma

United States

#15 Dec 24, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter when it is said that some of the support is for rent and utilities. So I guess if a child isn't present the couple wouldn't have rent/mortgage, an electric, water bill? I mean I understand that a child makes these utilities a bit more expensive but not much. And you didn't answer the initial question. If 300 dollars a month "isn't shit" explain how 600 dollars a month is spent on the child who is older and in elementary school?
I'm guessing you don't have children yourself. That being said, until you do and you see for yourself just how expensive they can be to raise, you won't understand. So really this thread is pointless and you will not be satisfied with the results you get from it.
Support Your Children

Heath Springs, SC

#16 Dec 25, 2010
Kari-Lyn wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were married and had had a two income family I wouldn't take my child's father to court demanding money constantly. I would rather my child have a good relationship with their father and let him help me out when he could rather than to be harrassing thier father all the time. She lives in a very nice large home and has told us on several occasions she doesn't need a dime, but rather just "feels like it is his responsibility to pay" and I am not disputing the fact. I just don't think the courts do it evenly.
You can tell you don't have children. You are the typical "New" girlfriend. If you are so against his childsupport, your best bet is to go ahead and leave. He will have this payment till his child/children are atleast 18. There isn't anything about a child that is cheap. I have two girls, one 7 the other 12 & there is always something that they need, not just want, NEED!! So you better just get over yourself or you are gonna be in for much disapointment later on in this relationship. Women will come and go but his child/children will always be there so your gonna have to get use to it!! Goodluck with your jealousy cause that's exactly what it sounds like to me.
Melissa

Fort Campbell, TN

#17 Dec 25, 2010
Child support now is based on BOTH parents income. Not just the fathers. I believe medical bills are figured in also if there is a medical problem that is dealt with monthly. It use to be that the father got the raw end of the deal but not as bad nowadays. I was married to a man who had 3 boys from a previous marriage that of course pd c/s. Also, 1/2 of medical, dental etc that was not covered by ins. Including OTC meds. He was given a guilt trip by the boys & mom to pay for 1/2 of each of their vehicles (Landrovers & Jeeps) & to top it off, when the oldest went to college, he HAD to pay 1/2 of all that comes with "dorm life" & getting his room ready. When the child moved into an apt because he did not like the dorm, dad pd 1/2 utilities AND 1/2 of what it cost to TAKE OUT CHILDS GIRLFRIEND!!!! No sh*t!! He paid out 49% of his ck JUST on c/s weekly!! It pays to have a good lawyer in a divorce for each parent.
single dad

Knoxville, TN

#18 Dec 25, 2010
yea but most women are drawing foodstamps to, and free ins and most even caused the divorce or breakup. yea the men get the shaft most time , a man can make it without a woman in any shape or form, but news flash you all can not we are the stronger breed. it cost what 10 dollers a day at most to feed a kid . what 3 or 4 hundred dollers a year clothes . what 3 or 4 trips a year to doctor. yea 3 or 4 hundred month is plenty child support is plenty cause half is the womans part to 400 plus 400 = 800 dang i no thats enough and it is a blessing to hav them around most the time. no here is wher i drop the bomb on you ladys. i am a single dad my son lives with me hes 14 now and hes lived with me since 1 i get no child support by my choice dont need it. i pay for my ins. so yea i no what it cost. so get off your alls deadbeat butt and back . you all are not fooling me . im dangerous cause i dont need a woman. you all are good for one thing and one thing only. if not for that they would be a bounty on you all .why else would a man need you all. why i cant think of no other reason just dead weight. hav a nice day
Melissa

Fort Campbell, TN

#19 Dec 25, 2010
single dad wrote:
yea but most women are drawing foodstamps to, and free ins and most even caused the divorce or breakup. yea the men get the shaft most time , a man can make it without a woman in any shape or form, but news flash you all can not we are the stronger breed. it cost what 10 dollers a day at most to feed a kid . what 3 or 4 hundred dollers a year clothes . what 3 or 4 trips a year to doctor. yea 3 or 4 hundred month is plenty child support is plenty cause half is the womans part to 400 plus 400 = 800 dang i no thats enough and it is a blessing to hav them around most the time. no here is wher i drop the bomb on you ladys. i am a single dad my son lives with me hes 14 now and hes lived with me since 1 i get no child support by my choice dont need it. i pay for my ins. so yea i no what it cost. so get off your alls deadbeat butt and back . you all are not fooling me . im dangerous cause i dont need a woman. you all are good for one thing and one thing only. if not for that they would be a bounty on you all .why else would a man need you all. why i cant think of no other reason just dead weight. hav a nice day
I just have to say that as for the dr visits only being a few a yr....when children are under 5 the visits are usually more often. Especially if you have one with a low immune system and catches everything coming and going! That is great that you have not had to ask her for support. Maybe you would have been surprised @ the judge if he/she had awarded it to you. But, alot of women make the dad pay WAY WAY too much $$.
I do hope your son does not grow up with your attitude about women being only good for one thing. That is a shitty way of looking @ women in general. Not all are as bad as your ex may have been. With your attitude, she may be much better off without you!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#20 Dec 25, 2010
Let me break it down for the ignorant. When I say ignorant, I do not mean unintelligent, I mean unknowing.

Child support in Tennessee is now in a mathematical format set by the state. It isn't the mother harping for money, it isn't the father wanting to get out of paying money.

Be ready to do your math.
A mother and fathers income are first added and assessed together. That places the child in a specific monthly income bracket. Then a percentage of that is used to determine a dollar amount per month that is used for raising the child. That number is then divided by the incomes of the parents to determine what percentage of that amount is contributed by each parent.

The non custodial parents contribution is then prorated for any child support he or she already pays for other children, and then how many days out of the year he or she keeps the child.

Then lastly, if the child is in day care or esp, etc. that is also included based on the percentages of each parent.(Example- my ex husband contributes 68 % of my child's daycare expenses added on to the set child support)

Then if the non custodial parent has back child support arrearages are added accordingly and paid over time.

I'm not giving my personal information- but let me just say- my son's preschool expenses run almost half of his entire support funds, after I pay that for the month, I purchase his prescriptions which aren't cheap ( and no we are not on any kind of public assistance or insurance. Before you go there). Then he almost always needs something in the line of clothes, or something for school, or something for a field trip. And by the time it is all said and done, there might be enough money left to put in my household account and pay the water bill or buy a weeks worth of groceries. So, in most cases, the custodial parent isn't making a profit. I know I'm not, and I get well over then amount that you are complaining about. Once you have children. You will hopefully understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 9 min Kohlrabi 2
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 29 min unbelievable 2
Tri-Cities Biggest Halloween Rock n Roll Party! 2 hr KUSS 1
Scintillaire Restaurant 2 hr Yuck 22
Kristy Necessary 3 hr Misty 8
What happen to the VFW 5 hr white trash 18
change is good. The Fugitives 5 hr white trash 4
Greene County Schools 8 hr watching the news 115
get rid of Robert Sayne 9 hr county resident 64
Beverly Casteel 14 hr Ms M 24