TRUCK WEIGH STATION county income ??

TRUCK WEIGH STATION county income ??

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

ten ten WAGE

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jan 31, 2014
I bet its millions and millions and with the fines being 600 or more why don't we make public the tax on people who can't vote here and confess our anti conservative low taxes behavior as long as they can't vote us out .
marthe stewart

Upper Marlboro, MD

#2 Jan 31, 2014
Weight stations are operated by the state not the county, idiot.
Skank Lotlizard

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jan 31, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
Weight stations are operated by the state not the county, idiot.
You dumass look up the word jurisdiction and research where fines are paid sure the state runs it but they pay fines locally hence the glee when it was announced to be keep in greene country .
marthe stewart

Sterling, VA

#4 Jan 31, 2014
nope.
truth NothingBut

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jan 31, 2014
I hear they can now fine the companies the deep pockets with fines in the tens of thousands of dollar range could our jail use that money I wonder .
marth stewart

Sterling, VA

#6 Jan 31, 2014
Trucking companies do not pay for ANY weighstation violations you liberal idiot, it is 100% the driver's responsibility to cover the costs of overweight and inspection violations and these drivers don't have "deep pockets" that you can fine millions of dollars to pay for your government spending programs.

Are you some kind of moron? You want to raise taxes and fines and you don't even know who will be paying that money or where that money goes: to the state you idiot, not the county.
blood

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jan 31, 2014
marth stewart wrote:
Trucking companies do not pay for ANY weighstation violations you liberal idiot, it is 100% the driver's responsibility to cover the costs of overweight and inspection violations and these drivers don't have "deep pockets" that you can fine millions of dollars to pay for your government spending programs.
Are you some kind of moron? You want to raise taxes and fines and you don't even know who will be paying that money or where that money goes: to the state you idiot, not the county.
nasty name-calling and putting down liberals....again. no patience to explain your points without the nastiness I guess. Yeah, I guess.
blood

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jan 31, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
nope.
gee, a real posting without any nastiness stated
Hotdog Last supper

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Feb 1, 2014
Google hours of service rules I did yes trucking companies can now be fined up to $11,000 dollars for allowing drivers or forcing drivers to drive beyond hours of service rules .
Truck Driver Blues

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Feb 1, 2014
well how many 11 k fines has been applied to say Landair or ForwardAIR locally are they above paying for the new mega jail bigger than all the other counties .
Barry Soetoro

Kingsport, TN

#11 Feb 1, 2014
Hotdog Last supper wrote:
Google hours of service rules I did yes trucking companies can now be fined up to $11,000 dollars for allowing drivers or forcing drivers to drive beyond hours of service rules .
Technically it might be true that the company can be fined that amount, but in practice it will never happen because trucking companies aren't stupid.

If the trucking company tells a driver to do something illegal, they will tell you over the telephone so that there won't be a record of it. They aren't going to send you a text message over the computer.

The company tracks the truck movements and your driving hours over the satellite, and if you have an hours violation they immediately bombard the truck's messaging system with warning messages. The reason for this is that if you crash the truck or get written up with an hours violation, the company has evidence proving they told you to stop driving.

Drivers are legally required to certify all logbooks, paper or electronic, as being truthful, and if there is falsification then it is the driver's fault.

Hours violations are tracked over the satellite and if you have an hours violation, most companies require you to fill out a written statement assuming 100% of the responsibility. The company also writes you up and gives you a verbal warning. Not because they really care, they are just covering themselves in the event that DOT inspectors show up at the company.

All companies have a log department that conduct forensic examination of logbooks. They don't look at every driver's logbook for everyday, because that would take 10000 auditors to do it. But they conduct a good-faith effort to do random checks and that is usually enough to get by with for being acceptable by DOT.

In a couple of years all trucking companies no matter how small will be required to go to electronic logs because of Federal CSA guidelines. Which means that all companies will be tracking their trucks and driver hours via satellite and computer.
Truck drivers united fund

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2014
Barry Soetoro wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically it might be true that the company can be fined that amount, but in practice it will never happen because trucking companies aren't stupid.
If the trucking company tells a driver to do something illegal, they will tell you over the telephone so that there won't be a record of it. They aren't going to send you a text message over the computer.
The company tracks the truck movements and your driving hours over the satellite, and if you have an hours violation they immediately bombard the truck's messaging system with warning messages. The reason for this is that if you crash the truck or get written up with an hours violation, the company has evidence proving they told you to stop driving.
Drivers are legally required to certify all logbooks, paper or electronic, as being truthful, and if there is falsification then it is the driver's fault.
Hours violations are tracked over the satellite and if you have an hours violation, most companies require you to fill out a written statement assuming 100% of the responsibility. The company also writes you up and gives you a verbal warning. Not because they really care, they are just covering themselves in the event that DOT inspectors show up at the company.
All companies have a log department that conduct forensic examination of logbooks. They don't look at every driver's logbook for everyday, because that would take 10000 auditors to do it. But they conduct a good-faith effort to do random checks and that is usually enough to get by with for being acceptable by DOT.
In a couple of years all trucking companies no matter how small will be required to go to electronic logs because of Federal CSA guidelines. Which means that all companies will be tracking their trucks and driver hours via satellite and computer.
Or allow a driver to violate rules means if the state officials wants the deep pocket company cash they will force the officers to enforce the new rules PERIOD . Federal well its federal and the fines would be assed .
Fifth Wheel

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Feb 2, 2014
I would like to know how much county income comes in from this myself surely someone knows why is top secret sun shine laws should prevent that .
Land over air

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Feb 2, 2014
I say go for the deep pockets and let those poor truckers try to make a living the company is always right in most cases is not local .
Jeff Sojhon

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Feb 3, 2014
11 k fines would buy lots of jail building and road salt taxing the company hand that votes somewhere else I like it .
Expectingalterna tively

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Feb 5, 2014
Trucking companies are arrogant it seems if you look online and see what they do and in most cases get away with it . Sure they track drivers 24 7 so when laws are broken they need to pay company size fines just like the drivers . 11,000 dollars in the county fund would buy a lot of untaxed votes locally .
weighty issues

Greeneville, TN

#17 Feb 6, 2014
Operated by the State. Not county.
FlashBackmem

Johnson City, TN

#18 Feb 7, 2014
Its would triple I hear if they fined the trucking companies for allowing drivers to break log book rules its in the new rules and we should cash in as a county .
LadyRed

Greeneville, TN

#19 Feb 16, 2014
marth stewart wrote:
You are the idiot The Company will pay for the fines if it is a company truck or trailer that has the violation. If it is the drivers violation such as LOG BOOK violation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just people starting 29 min whatever floats y... 39
Driving habits !! 1 hr BellaRosaLinda 13
Question 1 hr Lincoln Republican 4
Yup 2 hr Nomo 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr BellaRosaLinda 10,065
Trump good friends withPutin 2 hr BellaRosaLinda 55
Melania Trump, classy lady 4 hr Voting my Conscience 45
20 trillion debt 6 hr Kohlrabi 31

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages