Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

oh ffs wrote:
I choose not to put my faith in a book that has been re-wrote many, many times to better suite what they wanted people to believe.
I know what you mean. I choose not to put my faith in posters who can't spell or properly conjugate a verb.
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

oh ffs wrote:
I choose not to put my faith in a book that has been re-wrote many, many times to better suite what they wanted people to believe.
I personally don't read the re-writes. I know the KJV is one, but it was written word for word from the original. What you choose is your choice, and what I choose is mine. I'm fine with that.
Switched

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I personally attended both Greeneville High School AND CDHS. I can tell you from first hand experience that the county schools are a joke. People who say their child is a straight A student at a county school obviously don't understand how easy that really is. Our chemistry teacher let us take tests on the computer as many times as we liked until we got the grade we wanted. Most students just took it, wrote down the correct answers, then re-took it to get good scores. I don't believe people can brag about their education at our County schools. They're pathetic.

Just an FYI, I saw NO drug activity at GHS, but while at CDHS I basically had to beat the dealers away with a stick. It's also common practice at CDHS to dip "snuff" while in class. The teachers don't even care. I saw a student paying a teacher for it one day.

All you County Momma's should seriously take a look at the environment you send your children into. You talk a lot of trash about situations you don't even understand. I personally feel sorry for your children, they are given sub-par education at worthless schools.
Wow now we know

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Parents wrote:
This is how I feel! My kids go to a county school, I just read were today all the City Schools get Police offers in them to protect the RICH, Powerful and INFLUENTIAL'S PARENTS KIDS. I guess if your kids go to Greene County Who Gives A S*#T School then there lives don't matter.
This is how it makes me feel!!!!!!!!!!
Awwww here is a tissue to dry up those tears of life isn't fair to me cause YOU CHOOSE to live in the county.... Boohoo...

Now on to a thank you for thinking I'm rich, which I guess I am since I work 2 jobs and am not on any kind of public assistance, don't get a monthly check for sitting on my ass...

Yeah we as parents stormed the school board and demanded police at all the schools... NOT!!! They took it upon themselves to do that....

Maybe you should look at your superintendent before you get on here crying a river of life isn't treating us fair!!
Just my 2 cents

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Where you live with in a county and income should not reflect on the quality of education your children receive. So quit complaining over finical status. All education standards should be equal across the state, If you feel that your child is not getting the proper education, then call the school board or contact on state level. As far as County schools being behind, you must have never sat down with you child and helped with homework. As far no drugs at Greeneville High get real. Either you are blind or stupid. All schools have a certain amount of drugs in them. That is a fact of today's times. So get a life.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Just my 2 cents wrote:
Where you live with in a county and income should not reflect on the quality of education your children receive. So quit complaining over finical status. All education standards should be equal across the state, If you feel that your child is not getting the proper education, then call the school board or contact on state level. As far as County schools being behind, you must have never sat down with you child and helped with homework. As far no drugs at Greeneville High get real. Either you are blind or stupid. All schools have a certain amount of drugs in them. That is a fact of today's times. So get a life.
Thankyou a response! I think yours is probably a little nicer than I would have put it. I guess it is my fault I live in the county and have to pay tuition if I want to send my child to what you might call a "superior school"? All public schools should be equal regardless of location. And as for the alcohol, drugs and tobacco LOL!
Haha

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

You people forgetting Scott niswonger gives all the money to city never a cent to the county
whaa whaa

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Haha wrote:
You people forgetting Scott niswonger gives all the money to city never a cent to the county
Oh now I am calling BULL!!!

might not be as much but he helps those low life uneducated, future drug using, sitting on their rear collecting welfare, disability checks, little inbreeds... Just like most of their parents...

Jealousy is a very unbecoming emotion but that is what happens when you think PEOPLE OWE YOU!!! for NOTHING!!!
Lets See

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

You dont deserve to have a say so... you sound ignorant
City Mom wrote:
County school kids are expendable. They will probably grow up and be farmers or work at McD. The city kids need to be protected. They are our future.
Haha

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

whaa whaa wrote:
<quoted text>
might not be as much but he helps those low life uneducated, future drug using, sitting on their rear collecting welfare, disability checks, little inbreeds... Just like most of their parents...
Jealousy is a very unbecoming emotion but that is what happens when you think PEOPLE OWE YOU!!! for NOTHING!!!
you my friend are a freakining idiotic fool just because we live in the county does not mean we are all low life's you are a pathetic excuse for a human being screw you city people
just me

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

How did this horrible thing turn into city kids better than county. As a mother and a grandmother I can every imagine going through what all those parents are going through. All those kids were specious angels. To a parent it does not matter where they go to school. You really need to think before you say anything one day you might have a grand child in a county school and believe me that child will be precious to whether in city or county.
good grief

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

just me wrote:
How did this horrible thing turn into city kids better than county. As a mother and a grandmother I can every imagine going through what all those parents are going through. All those kids were specious angels. To a parent it does not matter where they go to school. You really need to think before you say anything one day you might have a grand child in a county school and believe me that child will be precious to whether in city or county.
I have heard of a "specious argument," but what is a "specious angel?"
Hmmm

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Play nice or go to your rooms.
lmao

Stanfield, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I find it hilarious that there is even a rival between county and city! You act like the county is the Bronx and city is the Hamptoms. You all live in
Greene County! This is the shitiest town I have ever lived in. Absolutely nothing that suggest that anybody is better than anybody!
Hampton Sydney

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

lmao wrote:
I find it hilarious that there is even a rival between county and city! You act like the county is the Bronx and city is the Hamptoms. You all live in
Greene County! This is the shitiest town I have ever lived in. Absolutely nothing that suggest that anybody is better than anybody!
Move to Newport, and you won't be able to say that anymore.
would never

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

whaa whaa wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh now I am calling BULL"?? That must be some of that "city" language.

Our first child went to the city schools, our thinking that he would get a better education in the city. All our family got from that decision was heartache and pain. A "coach" helped our son along with the drug scene -- that was some years ago and the coach is no longer there so, no their name will not be mentioned here.

Our second child went all through their schooling in the county school system. While the county school system (since they don't get money from two sources like the city does) does not have as much to offer in some ways, our second child excelled in academics and will graduate from college shortly.

Now some may say it was the child that made the difference, we do not share that view. Drugs "WERE" readily available to our first son on campus -- he didn't need a coach to introduce him to drugs.

In the county schools (including high school) the drug scene is almost non-existent or not tolerated -- at least at the county high schools he attended.

Both our sons are grown now and if we have any grandchildren down the road, we will definitely put in our 2-cents worth as to where those precious little one(s) will go to school.

More is NOT always better.

As for city versus the county when it comes to attitudes (I am better than you)-- the city children are taught this from birth. I actually feel sorry for anyone who (for whatever reason) has this kind of attitude. They will definitely have a harder time in life on the people level. Now, when it comes to their click group - no problem -- but, with the rest of the world -- not so good.

Our two sons are products of two different school systems: One son was introduced to drugs while at school and, to this day, has a terrible attitude; our second son gets along with everyone and will graduate with honors soon.

So, from experiences lived by our family, we would never recommend sending a child to the city system.
would never

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

That should have read "at least at the county high "school" he attended which, by the way, we would proudly say was Chuckey Doak High School.
My Take

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I strongly feel that if you are in a position to HOMESCHOOL your child then you should definitely do so. The educational system is a joke.
The Problem has a Fix

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

What America needs is to put dicipline back in the home and the schools! The bleeding heart liberals that whine about gun control are the very ones who created a sociaty of kids on anti depressent's, when what they really need is a belt took to their ass! There were less than 10 acts of violence that resulted in death in American schools IN THE HISTORY OF THE U.S. prior to 1975, wonder why? It's easier to be a parent when you buy your child the latest version of "Grand Theft Auto", and a new cell phone to 'communicate'with, EVER HERE OF TALKING? If you are to lazy to parent, dont have childern! Quit crying about cops in schools, where will you want them next, in your home? Do your damn job as a parent and jerk the vidio game controlers and cell phones out of your kids hands and find their lazy ass'es something to do! So they wont have time to be bored! Then vote every liberal that holds an office out! Then most of all put God back in the home and schools!
hmmm

Fort Campbell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

i was always under the impression that the reason city schools were funded like they are was because of them being "have-nots". just look at all the future car stealing, bank robbing, old womens purse snatching, child molesting, cocaine dealing, project living minorities that go there... i'm confused. putting a football in a future convicts hands won't make him any less of a criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

121 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 13 min My two cents 14
YFA Draft 15 min humpdy 1
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 22 min WTSenior 140,561
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 22 min Randall Mc Daniel 170
fired policeman 23 min Careful 15
Policeman Teddy Lawing 33 min Dr Wu 5
Greene County School System At It Again 33 min justify 7
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 2 hr saw hull 121
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000