County Schools kids not worth anything

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Concerned Parents

Nolensville, TN

#1 Jan 7, 2013
This is how I feel! My kids go to a county school, I just read were today all the City Schools get Police offers in them to protect the RICH, Powerful and INFLUENTIAL'S PARENTS KIDS. I guess if your kids go to Greene County Who Gives A S*#T School then there lives don't matter.

This is how it makes me feel!!!!!!!!!!
I know

Duluth, GA

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Agree 100 percent its because they have a director who cares about the students. Vickie Kirk is a joke the whole greene county board of education is a joke!
South Greene parent

Abingdon, VA

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Concerned Parents wrote:
This is how I feel! My kids go to a county school, I just read were today all the City Schools get Police offers in them to protect the RICH, Powerful and INFLUENTIAL'S PARENTS KIDS. I guess if your kids go to Greene County Who Gives A S*#T School then there lives don't matter.
My take on this issue is completely different. I think policing local schools is completely ineffective. City students are no more safe than county students because crazy people are the problem. A police presence is not going to deter a crazy person.
South Greene has a resource officer and that is a joke as well. He is a nice man, but as a parent who picks up children, I can tell you what time he gets there, what time he leaves and where exactly to find him on school grounds before and after school... too predictable and therefore ineffective. I don't know what it will take for parents to feel their children are safe at school, but for me extra police presence is not doing the trick.
funny

Kingsport, TN

#4 Jan 7, 2013
since the county cant afford it maybe all the parents would be willing to pay $5 a week to have a full time officer in county schools. yeah right

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 7, 2013
Concerned Parents wrote:
I agree. Why do for one and not the other? What about it Ms. Kirk? Are our childrens lives not as worthy as that of a child that lives in the city limits? I think so!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 7, 2013
I have been complaining and ranting about this issue since last week. I had a couple issues with BACK doors being locked on two occasions last week! I complained about it and did receive a phone call right away about it. BUT nothing will be done for at least another two weeks from what I was told. The problem I had was with the doors being unlocked and unmanned period when they are normally locked. Anyone could walk through that door no questions asked. I was so pissed when I saw this the first two days back for the county after I hear the city was stepping up their efforts. I do not beleive it would be safe to have armed guards and or teachers in the schools and truthfully would not want my child to have to go to school if that was the case. BUT I do believe something more can be done. Someone "forgetting" to lock the door is no excuse! I walked my child in myself through the office this morning.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 7, 2013
South Greene parent wrote:
<quoted text>
My take on this issue is completely different. I think policing local schools is completely ineffective. City students are no more safe than county students because crazy people are the problem. A police presence is not going to deter a crazy person.
South Greene has a resource officer and that is a joke as well. He is a nice man, but as a parent who picks up children, I can tell you what time he gets there, what time he leaves and where exactly to find him on school grounds before and after school... too predictable and therefore ineffective. I don't know what it will take for parents to feel their children are safe at school, but for me extra police presence is not doing the trick.
I agree. There are a lot of other things that need to be in place other than officers etc. I was told that an officer drives through the parking lot about once per day...are you kidding me.?To enter my stepsons school in Washington Co. you have to at least be buzzed in. I would love to volunteer my time to be of assisstance but am unable to do so because I have to work take care of my family at home. I do not know all of the answers but some things need to change. I was also told that they were told not to make any changes in the way things were done without thinking very carefully about upsetting the balance of the school... shew sorry!

Location hidden

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Oh I also meant UNLOCKED doors..
Article

Nashville, TN

#9 Jan 7, 2013
wow

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jan 7, 2013
We just gave them a tax raise guess it already in pockets of the commissioners and the board lol this place is a joke
City Mom

Smyrna, TN

#11 Jan 7, 2013
County school kids are expendable. They will probably grow up and be farmers or work at McD. The city kids need to be protected. They are our future.
CityDad

Faith, NC

#12 Jan 7, 2013
City Mom wrote:
County school kids are expendable. They will probably grow up and be farmers or work at McD. The city kids need to be protected. They are our future.
You are an idiot I feel sorry for who ever raised you. No child is expendable do us all a favor and change your ways before its too late..
County School Mom

Greeneville, TN

#13 Jan 7, 2013
City Mom wrote:
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT OUR CHILDREN MEET ME SOMEWHERE AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT A FORMER COUNTY SCHOOL KID CAN DO HONEY
City Mom

Smyrna, TN

#14 Jan 7, 2013
County School Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT OUR CHILDREN MEET ME SOMEWHERE AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT A FORMER COUNTY SCHOOL KID CAN DO HONEY
I figured the county kids didn't need protecting cause they probably all carry guns like their ignorant unmarried mamas.
teacher for all children

Nashville, TN

#15 Jan 7, 2013
City Mom wrote:
Wonder how many former expendable "county kids" are now teaching your city children. I would hope ALL children are worth the time and effort to protect.
County School Mom Also

Greeneville, TN

#16 Jan 7, 2013
City Mom wrote:
<quoted text>I figured the county kids didn't need protecting cause they probably all carry guns like their ignorant unmarried mamas.
My child is a county child and I am not ignorant nor unmarried apparently the only ignorant and probably unmarried not by choice is your loud mouth and my child is a straight A student
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jan 7, 2013
Not a fan of cops at school. I do think they need to place the national guard at SGHS. If the lady rebels lose another game, who knows what their parents will do to that coach! Seems to be spreading to GHS girls coach and WGHS boys coach. May have to bring in the armed forces. Would anybody reading this be interested in coaching one of these fantastic teams, if a vacancy were to occur.
STFU

Hermitage, TN

#18 Jan 7, 2013
City Mom wrote:
You are one of those stuck-up biatches that needs a good old country ass whoopin'!
City Mom

Smyrna, TN

#19 Jan 7, 2013
County School Mom Also wrote:
<quoted text>
My child is a county child and I am not ignorant nor unmarried apparently the only ignorant and probably unmarried not by choice is your loud mouth and my child is a straight A student
Being a straight A student in the county is like saying you got the biggest trailer at Skipper's Trailer Park. Big deal!
County School Mom Also

Greeneville, TN

#20 Jan 7, 2013
Listen here I know several county students teaching your city kids lady and I don't live in a trailer park we own our home and you seriously need to seek out Christ in your life because you are one messed up piece of crap!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm back! 18 min funny 3
The Big Dig on East Church(near Towering Oaks) 53 min Dazed and Confused 79
Fatz 1 hr duh 6
Clay Finley 1 hr circlebump 4
Favorite candy bar? 1 hr Dr Wu 22
Greene valley 1 hr maryjane 17
East Tn Busted (Dec '10) 2 hr Alex 99
cook out burgers 2 hr Booger_ Burns 15
RIP Jeff Roark Thu benjamin 23
More from around the web