First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Stick it

Elizabethton, TN

#87 Aug 2, 2014
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
NO he did not 'resist arrest' at all! That was a lie.
He did nothing wrong!
No, I promise my kin folk did nothing wrong. I mean continuing to interrupt and disrupt a meeting and refusing to leave us ok. I mean it's ok to interrupt a court room and say what you want or just break all the rules. After all I like a liberal life with no capitalistic views. I think we come from monkeys. Well I swear honey boo bunches good ole parky ranger will save the day. I mean this event was not planned out because you could not get you way.
Get some fresh air. He did wrong and now he is paying for it. I have no dislike for him but let it go. Time to move to real issues in life. Stop living a fairy tale of I am a victim.
BloodClot

Elizabethton, TN

#88 Aug 2, 2014
It all comes out in the wash.
bobbye jr whyte

Kingsport, TN

#89 Aug 2, 2014
BloodClot wrote:
It all comes out in the wash.
what wash? the Fairgrounds Laundromat? there is no wash in greeneville, and if there were, g'ville's dirt would make the water so filthy even the mayors of both city and county would agree that the river would be at risk of pollution...oh you mean the cleansing waters of redeeming love. yeah right. luv thy neighbor's river as your own piss pot and show christian luv for your elders, show how you honor them by arresting them on phony charges. what wash? lawyers and courts aren't interested in justice....that's about winners-losers and playing a game by a set of written rules--call it wash if you want, it's a ritual game with actual consequences that has little to do with justice and much to do with how much justice (lawyers, appeals etc) you can buy...with luck the judge won't be bought, but don't count on it....what judge or lawyer or DA in his right mind in greene county is going to go against the police, no matter what the video clearly shows...the ladies at the Fairgrounds Laundromat administer justice better than those legal charade characters in a "police matter" of this kind
ohwell

Greeneville, TN

#90 Aug 3, 2014
IMO why have a city police and county police. Why can't it be all one department. I say put all police in one department Makes sense to me.
St Elmo

Greeneville, TN

#91 Aug 3, 2014
Teddy Lawing wrote:
I have medical issues from diabetes that is no ones business. Cocke County Officers did their duty and I appreciate and respect everyone of them. Their was no thing did wrong. The same thing would have happened in Greeneville. I am a diabetic and yes I was transported to hospital. Which saved my life. I put in almost 30 years serving the public. Why should I be put above anyone else. I did what I could. And yes this is Teddy Lawing and I will will meet with anyone who wants to talk to me direct.
good guy right here
The It

Johnson City, TN

#92 Aug 3, 2014
Can't hear ya. What didcha say?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#93 Aug 3, 2014
I've decided to try and sell my house here in Greeneville. This town has went off the deep end.
voices in your head

Greeneville, TN

#94 Aug 3, 2014
Mr Christian wrote:
I've decided to try and sell my house here in Greeneville. This town has went off the deep end.
so you and shemp and booger and dr phil are all leaving us?
ohwell

Greeneville, TN

#96 Aug 5, 2014
Stick it wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I promise my kin folk did nothing wrong. I mean continuing to interrupt and disrupt a meeting and refusing to leave us ok. I mean it's ok to interrupt a court room and say what you want or just break all the rules. After all I like a liberal life with no capitalistic views. I think we come from monkeys. Well I swear honey boo bunches good ole parky ranger will save the day. I mean this event was not planned out because you could not get you way.
Get some fresh air. He did wrong and now he is paying for it. I have no dislike for him but let it go. Time to move to real issues in life. Stop living a fairy tale of I am a victim.
It was not a court room it was an OPEN Meeting with old white haired fat wallets that did not want anyone but usn people to hear. That's not a democracy...that's taking advantage of everyone or anyone against usn. It stinks to high heaven but what do you care.
bobbye jr whyte

Kingsport, TN

#97 Aug 5, 2014
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>It was not a court room it was an OPEN Meeting with old white haired fat wallets that did not want anyone but usn people to hear. That's not a democracy...that's taking advantage of everyone or anyone against usn. It stinks to high heaven but what do you care.
It does stink to high heaven. Please continue to complain to high heaven. The Industrial Development Board (with the cooperation of US Nitrogen) deliberately blocked the functioning of a public meeting. The board (with the exception of Mr Hopson) is completely lacking in integrity, and their questionable (many say corrupt) actions will determine the future of Greene County for years to come. Why entrust the county to them? Because USN made contributions to charity? Because USN will bring a few good paying jobs? I didn't know Greene County, TDEC and TDOT were so easily bought.
Citizen

Greeneville, TN

#99 Aug 6, 2014
bobbye jr whyte wrote:
<quoted text>
It does stink to high heaven. Please continue to complain to high heaven. The Industrial Development Board (with the cooperation of US Nitrogen) deliberately blocked the functioning of a public meeting. The board (with the exception of Mr Hopson) is completely lacking in integrity, and their questionable (many say corrupt) actions will determine the future of Greene County for years to come. Why entrust the county to them? Because USN made contributions to charity? Because USN will bring a few good paying jobs? I didn't know Greene County, TDEC and TDOT were so easily bought.
Our problem is chiefly that complaining locally to our corrupt government or our sad little 'newspaper of record' accomplishes nothing but a pat on the head from the Good Old Boys and orders to go sit down and shut up or get Concrete Time.

We need State and Federal people in here all up in their business and shine some light on what has been going on.
Just one person

United States

#100 Aug 8, 2014
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>It was not a court room it was an OPEN Meeting with old white haired fat wallets that did not want anyone but usn people to hear. That's not a democracy...that's taking advantage of everyone or anyone against usn. It stinks to high heaven but what do you care.
. Exactly! It was only an open meeting for certain people.
Stick it

Elizabethton, TN

#101 Aug 9, 2014
ohwell wrote:
Get your facts right. It was not a open forum. He was not allowed to speak. I am neither for or against anything except extreme liberal thinking where abortion is accepted and thought to be ok but speaking out against the law is not. Makes no sense. We have forgotten to place God in all we do but rather justify why we do what we do. The group that interfered and caused the scene was staged (in my opinion) and belong to liberal groups that are not Founded on faith but rather what they call science. I hate none of the people involved and pray for a county of forgiveness. That being said, I will never support that group regardless.
Boot Hill

Greeneville, TN

#102 Aug 9, 2014
Please say a prayer for my boots;they need lickin'.
Just one person

Spring Hill, FL

#103 Aug 9, 2014
Stick it wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts right. It was not a open forum. He was not allowed to speak. I am neither for or against anything except extreme liberal thinking where abortion is accepted and thought to be ok but speaking out against the law is not. Makes no sense. We have forgotten to place God in all we do but rather justify why we do what we do. The group that interfered and caused the scene was staged (in my opinion) and belong to liberal groups that are not Founded on faith but rather what they call science. I hate none of the people involved and pray for a county of forgiveness. That being said, I will never support that group regardless.
. The Tennessee Open Records Counsel has a different opinion than yours. The Counsel says that rights under the Open Meeting Act were violated because the attendance could not hear what was being said by the board members. THIS is what caused the audience to speak up.
Just one person

Spring Hill, FL

#104 Aug 9, 2014
Stick it wrote:
<quoted text>
. If a group of county officials were attempting to shut down your church, for example, wouldn't you want to hear what is going on??? This is no different then what the opponents of the pump line were trying to do to protect their safe drinking water. If it were your water being affected wouldn't you want to know??
Disappointed

Greeneville, TN

#105 Dec 22, 2015
Greeneville Resident wrote:
I have totally lost ALL respect for our Police Dept. after the arrest of Eddie Overholt.
I have lost all respect for the sheriff's dept my tweenty year old son came home told me that a truck pulled out right in front of him kept acting erratict and stopped in the middle of the road guy got out ran towards his car cussin and screaming I will kill you he put it in reverse and backed away called 911 they said let it go he was probly having a bad day . well had he gotten out and defended his self and his passenger he would have been charged .
Citizen

Greeneville, TN

#106 Dec 28, 2015
Teddy Lawing wrote:
The Police Department does what it does according to law. If your offended you need to get over it. I worked there for almost 30 years. There is a law for disrupting public meetings. Im sorry and I respect a veteran but some people use that as an excuse. I love people who served my country but they use that to their advantage and sometimes not in the right purpose. Any one who disagrees, I will meet with and discuss in a civilized manner. I did not retire because of Newport. Tell me when and Ill be there.

HE was within the LAW... based on the OPEN MEETINGS ACT.. as the lawsuit filed. against the MAYOR AND POLICE. show this!!!!!!!!!! THE police. are over stepping their bounds.. they are suppose to KNOW THE LAW!! I was ticket for not having lights on my trailer... the law states aslong as you can see the vehicles rear lights... Lights on a the trailer is not needed .the COP SHOULD HAVE KNOWN this the judge threw it out..wasted my time. the judge and taxpayers time OVER a cop who didnt KNOW THE LAW!!!! what the point having them if you dont KNOW your job...all they care about is traffic tickets!! WE as citizens here the ad on radio call authorities you see any this suspicious .. call OH we cant do nothing!!! whats the point of having you there!!!! seriously..maybe we need as citizens to get petition to disband police... like few other TN counties did!! I dont feel SAFE in Green county... call them they dont show UP ... or we cant do nothing !! THE COMMUNITY IS GETTING TIRED OF THE BS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Stills 1 hr Wondering 3
Gone to the light 3 hr GIVEN BLEEPS 34
Snitching 3 hr DRUGGIE 17
Cancer 3 hr Stupid liar 1
Wife of Charlotte shooting victim releases video 3 hr Video bandit 7
Joshua Fortner 4 hr Joshua Fortner 2
Carrie Parrish 5 hr Waiting 26

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance