Lost respect for GPD
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Greeneville Resident

Kingsport, TN

#1 Jul 23, 2014
I have totally lost ALL respect for our Police Dept. after the arrest of Eddie Overholt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Teddy Lawing

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jul 23, 2014
The Police Department does what it does according to law. If your offended you need to get over it. I worked there for almost 30 years. There is a law for disrupting public meetings. Im sorry and I respect a veteran but some people use that as an excuse. I love people who served my country but they use that to their advantage and sometimes not in the right purpose. Any one who disagrees, I will meet with and discuss in a civilized manner. I did not retire because of Newport. Tell me when and Ill be there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
semper fi

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jul 23, 2014
if you didn't retire because of Newport, it sure seemed like it. what advantage does a veteran use compared to a drunk driving cop. I'm proud to be a veteran and I have a honorable discharge to prove it, what do you have?
not

Greeneville, TN

#5 Jul 23, 2014
I will bet you right now they bring in outside help... not many people here will be qualified to work there...

So much for jobs jobs jobs
Teddy Lawing

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jul 23, 2014
I have medical issues from diabetes that is no ones business. Cocke County Officers did their duty and I appreciate and respect everyone of them. Their was no thing did wrong. The same thing would have happened in Greeneville. I am a diabetic and yes I was transported to hospital. Which saved my life. I put in almost 30 years serving the public. Why should I be put above anyone else. I did what I could. And yes this is Teddy Lawing and I will will meet with anyone who wants to talk to me direct.
dingleberry

Greeneville, TN

#7 Jul 23, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
Overholt is a Liberal douch who was in attendance specifically to disrupt the meeting because of his objection to the pipeline development project.
This is exactly like how the Liberals tried to stonewall the Keystone XL project, which ended up creating millions of jobs. President Commie Darkie Muslim and his buddy Reid and Pelosi did nothing to create jobs, they were all busy handing out welfare and foodstamps. But when Keystone XL came across their desk they blackballed it because of "global warming" and "environmentalist" BS.
Same thing with Overholt.
Did anyone ask US Nitrogen what they thought??? NO. People are too busy over-reacting about this Overholt knucklehead.
US Nitrogen means JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. You people ought to be downright grateful that US Nitrogen is coming to this area, because they are going to contribute more money to this local economy than Overholt EVER gave to this community. He is living on welfare and disability, and you think he is your savior or something?
US Nitrogen means jobs. If you actually want to work, then you need to be supporting US Nitrogen, NOT Overholt.
which one of the nitrogen dumbass88 are you

“For they teach us to see”

Since: Feb 14

through beautiful eyes.

#8 Jul 23, 2014
marthe stewart wrote:
Overholt is a Liberal douch who was in attendance specifically to disrupt the meeting because of his objection to the pipeline development project.
This is exactly like how the Liberals tried to stonewall the Keystone XL project, which ended up creating millions of jobs. President Commie Darkie Muslim and his buddy Reid and Pelosi did nothing to create jobs, they were all busy handing out welfare and foodstamps. But when Keystone XL came across their desk they blackballed it because of "global warming" and "environmentalist" BS.
Same thing with Overholt.
Did anyone ask US Nitrogen what they thought??? NO. People are too busy over-reacting about this Overholt knucklehead.
US Nitrogen means JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. You people ought to be downright grateful that US Nitrogen is coming to this area, because they are going to contribute more money to this local economy than Overholt EVER gave to this community. He is living on welfare and disability, and you think he is your savior or something?
US Nitrogen means jobs. If you actually want to work, then you need to be supporting US Nitrogen, NOT Overholt.
It is sad that this much energy could not have been invested in this venture at its' inception if the people had reason to believe USN was going to be a bad thing for the community. It is getting redundant .
stick it

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Jul 23, 2014
Greeneville Resident wrote:
I have totally lost ALL respect for our Police Dept. after the arrest of Eddie Overholt.
Yawn. Yet another comment from a sponge. Your name Patrick? You have no clue what you are speaking about but what to be brave on topix. You don't like my comment then well----stick it.
dingleberry

Greeneville, TN

#10 Jul 23, 2014
nitrogen office people are from Arizona, Indiana,north Carolina, to name a few. 1 from Mohawk ,couple from Greeneville , 1 from ohio, 1 from Morristown. not counting 2 that got fired one of which was lazy and other was a downright jackass, wonder how many of their new hires for plant operators are from greene county
citezen

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 23, 2014
Teddy Lawing wrote:
The Police Department does what it does according to law. If your offended you need to get over it. I worked there for almost 30 years. There is a law for disrupting public meetings. Im sorry and I respect a veteran but some people use that as an excuse. I love people who served my country but they use that to their advantage and sometimes not in the right purpose. Any one who disagrees, I will meet with and discuss in a civilized manner. I did not retire because of Newport. Tell me when and Ill be there.
Maybe you BLIND and didn't see the video I did the man ask nicely Could they Speak Up.. that is NOT a disruption... and you wanna talk about law. this was public meeting and according to the OPEN meeting act in tn..(law) people are aloud to ask questions and have a right to be at the meeting... the board man on the board broke this law and police.. according to the law there are suppose to be serious consequences .to whom breaks it!!!! the man ask have them speak up if I as there I can hardly hear myself I would have asked for them speak up. BECUASE PUBLIC MEETING the public has the right to hear the POMAPASS ass speak!!!!
concerned citizen

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jul 24, 2014
TEDDY LAWING,your a douch bag,who thinks there above the law.Who cares if you worked for the city for 30 yrs,you should be in jail,you keep wanting to meet people on hear your not in your damn uniform no more.Your jut like the rest of the punk ass LAWINGS!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#13 Jul 24, 2014
Greeneville Resident wrote:
When some druggie thug breaks into your house, call Eddie Overholt. Better yet, get a job as an officer and see if you can do it better. Or move to Chicago, LA, or New York, where integrity within the ranks is top notch. Perhaps then you'll come to appreciate the sacrifices and risks our officers take on to do a thankless job.

Many thanks to all our men in uniform; military, law enforcement, fire fighters, and rescue personnel. You are to be applauded, not hung out to dry as scapegoats for everything that's wrong in government.
Greeneville

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jul 24, 2014
This was the heading in the Greeneville Sun.

"Capt. Teddy Lawing Has Retired From GPD After Being Arrested In Newport

Paid Court Costs, But DUI Charge Was Dismissed By Judge In Cocke Co."

Guess the Teddy Bear is telling the truth afterall. Let it go.
STorm TRoopers

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jul 24, 2014
Following orders that trickle down from the mayor pays pretty good and is easy duty like solving easy crime .
Max

Greeneville, TN

#18 Jul 24, 2014
Is the sheriff candidate from the Greeneville police department
greeneville citzen

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jul 24, 2014
yes he is
Native

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jul 24, 2014
Here is an excerpt from the Newspaper in Newport.

"Lawing was out of his car when Wallen arrived on scene and sitting in the front seat of a reserve deputy sheriff’s car.
“(He) admitted to me that he had been drinking, and I could smell a strong odor of alcohol about his person, and Lawing had slurred speech.
“I asked Lawing to exit the vehicle, and he was extremely unsteady on his feet. For his safety, I did not ask Lawing to complete any of the field sobriety tests,” Wallen’s report said."

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#21 Jul 24, 2014
Teddy Lawing wrote:
If this is indeed Mr Lawing you chose the wrong forum in which to state your case.
Teddy Lawing

Greeneville, TN

#22 Jul 24, 2014
I dont have a case, there were medical issues involved that is non of your business. Dont bash Greeneville Police because of me. Justice was served. Some times a judge gives a person leniency because of a medical condition. Dont judge me until you know what Im going thru. Im not above the law. I respect the law. If you want to meet me I will talk to you in a civilized manner.

“For they teach us to see”

Since: Feb 14

through beautiful eyes.

#23 Jul 24, 2014
Teddy Lawing wrote:
I dont have a case, there were medical issues involved that is non of your business. Dont bash Greeneville Police because of me. Justice was served. Some times a judge gives a person leniency because of a medical condition. Dont judge me until you know what Im going thru. Im not above the law. I respect the law. If you want to meet me I will talk to you in a civilized manner.
IMO as soon as you post on Topix forum YOUR business then it becomes fair game. There was nothing in that earlier posters' comments that could possibly be construed as disrespectful to you or the law, so STFU and get over yourself. WTH, are you running for office or something? Is someone getting more attaboys than you think you deserve so you come on here and start running your mouth, well, good for you that is your right. But don't think that simply because of your MEDICAL condition that excuses you from a bit of criticism because it does not. I believe the previous poster stated nothing but the truth. So you have yourself a superfine day and a safe one. K?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 38 min Dont_You_Dare 10,016
no 1 hr your future x wife 103
The World TODAY!!!!!! 1 hr Really 6
Vote your Conscience? 2 hr Donald J Trump 36
Fishing Spots in Greene (May '11) 2 hr LikeCrappie 37
Matt Morrison (Oct '10) 2 hr None 7
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 3 hr Princess Hey 2,279
Why cant people tell the truth? 7 hr Lied to 99
Wreck on 107 cutoff 12 hr wow 67

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages