Fishing spots in Greene
new Fisher

Greenville, SC

#1 Apr 22, 2014
Hey there I'm new to Greene County and would like some help on finding some good fishing spots around here thanks
Question

Greeneville, TN

#2 Apr 22, 2014
Do a search on the site for fishing. There was another thread a while back that listed several local spots.
South Greene Resident

Johnson City, TN

#3 Apr 23, 2014
new Fisher wrote:
Hey there I'm new to Greene County and would like some help on finding some good fishing spots around here thanks
Greene County natives are not quick to give up good fishing spots. My teenage son has ferreted out a few after years of asking. You might try Weaver's Bend, it is a pond that is out Houston Valley Road. The pond is actually in Cocke County. There is a sign (not usually the case) on Houston Valley, but the pond itself is a ways off the road. Also, there is a pond along the Paint Creek Corridor. It is a ways in, but you can stop and fish the creek as you go. We don't have a boat, so both these spots are from shore. You might stop by the forestry office on Asheville Highway and inquire there. They are not the friendliest bunch I have ever met, but it is their job to answer your questions, so make them work for your tax dollar. We have put our canoe in at Kinser Park and went out to the Nolichuckey River, but have not had the best luck fishing there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raising our children to be racist 1 hr Steve 10
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 2 hr Vickernism 35
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr whatimeisit 9,751
A basketball legend and a wonderful person 7 hr Sad day 1
LED lights 9 hr BellaRosaLinda 6
ISIS & Muslim countries 9 hr BellaRosaLinda 10
Ques about Ron Chesnut Attorney 9 hr Karma 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages