at a loss

Greeneville, TN

#1 Mar 21, 2013
what if i knew your teen child(14-15) was having intercourse with their older bf/gf(16-17). would you want me to come and talk to you or just mind my on business?

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Mar 21, 2013
at a loss wrote:
what if i knew your teen child(14-15) was having intercourse with their older bf/gf(16-17). would you want me to come and talk to you or just mind my on business?
How well do you know the young lady??? Would it be possible for you to have a discussion with her? I ask this because I think it's more common than you might think that girls are losing their virginity at around that age. I, myself, did at 15 with my high school sweetheart, who was two years older than me. We dated for over 3 yrs & though I was young, I don't regret losing my virginity to him. In addition, nearly every one of my friends in h.s. lost their virginity around the same time. I would be less worried about a young lady that age having sex with a steady boyfriend than I would about the girls that age who have had multiple partners. And, chances are, if you tell her parents, you may as well tell nearly every other parent of a daughter in that age group. And, if you are a parent of a daughter that age, I probably just ruined her chances of dating until she goes to college...lol!!! Just my two cents...hope it helps a little :)

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 21, 2013
Ironically, I just checked my facebook & had this invitation, so I thought I'd provide the link if you are interested in attending and/or sharing with other parents...maybe this would be a way to open the lines of communication re: this subject & get a feel for where everyone stands...
https://www.facebook.com/events/1224473612745...
Clementine

Charlotte, NC

#5 Mar 21, 2013
I would talk to you, but I don't think they would still do it. Just talk to them about being safe. I'm not saying its OK. Just that regardless of what we, as parents say, they'll do it anyways. Its human nature for them at their age to start being interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why so paranoid? 47 min csmaven 32
Ever did it with a family member 4 hr Trunketeer 15
How offen do u eat her out? 4 hr one sided 27
Feeling lonely for the holidays 4 hr Trunketeer 115
U wood like to when a vacation to? 4 hr Dixie iron fist 7
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 5 hr Agree 65
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 hr Jennifer Renee 5,575
Principal at Mosheim 21 hr oh lawd 55
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:21 am PST

ESPN11:21AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns