Is Sprint cell phone service good around here?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Apr 17, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Researching

Knoxville, TN

#1 Sep 19, 2011
They have some good deals, but can you get a good signal around here with their service? I'm thinking about switching.
for real

United States

#2 Sep 20, 2011
Not from my experience. Their service is pretty spotty in Greene county.
lmao

Antioch, TN

#3 Sep 20, 2011
Hell no!!!! It won't pickup anywhere. I can't believe they even try to sell it here. Damn crooks.
Researching

Knoxville, TN

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for the input. I may check out the Straight Talk phones. I'm just tired of paying Verizon $160/month.
pod

Antioch, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2011
Researching wrote:
They have some good deals, but can you get a good signal around here with their service? I'm thinking about switching.
No!!! I have spent more time talking to sprint about problems than I have using the phone.No signal.Sucks, sucks, sucks!!!!
Melissa

Greenwich, OH

#6 Sep 22, 2011
I use Sprint with no problems. I had AT&T previously & had bad service all over Greene County. There are very few places now that I do not get signal
mr man

Johnson City, TN

#7 Sep 22, 2011
verizon is about the best I found.
Jeremy

Franklin, TN

#9 Sep 22, 2011
Researching wrote:
Thanks for the input. I may check out the Straight Talk phones. I'm just tired of paying Verizon $160/month.
screw sprint and straight talk, go to budget wireless on tusculum blvd. they have great plans and coverage, i get service just about everywhere. plus they dont have contracts. and you can even earn free service.

i had sprint before i went to budget wireless. sprint isnt worth it.
Neill

Heiskell, TN

#10 Sep 26, 2011
If your looking to get a new contract, I know a way that you can get free or really discounted phones on at&t, sprint, verizon, and t-mobile and also not have to pay an activation fee. I just got a droid incredible 2 for free when it's $200 at verizon. i can also show you how to get 15% off your monthly bill with at&t or 18% off if your with sprint
Uncle Reamus

Chatsworth, GA

#11 Sep 27, 2011
What Neill is offering is pure B.S. It's part of his Amway Pyramid Scam that he's spamming the forums about.
Aware

Hawthorn, PA

#12 Dec 3, 2011
The new straight talk phones no longer use Verizon service do keep that in mind . Verizon now offers the $50 unlimited plan with no contract.
LMFAO

Barnesville, OH

#13 Dec 5, 2011
Aware wrote:
The new straight talk phones no longer use Verizon service do keep that in mind . Verizon now offers the $50 unlimited plan with no contract.
You r stupid!! Really stupid. Straighttalk phones still work on VZW's network you tard! Some have sim cards in them tho and that means they are gonig to use the AT&Turd or T-Mobile network. But they DO still sell Straighttalk phones that use Verizon's network. Don't spread bs rumors. Its no wonder you all are so fucking stupid! I would say stay in school but I am not impressed by the school system. You people don't get the education u deserve. Do yourself a favor. All of you, open a damn book and read, and learn and don't spread rumors or lies and quit popping pills and wondering who is sleeping with who. Oh and to the OP SPRINT sucks here. So does all the pre-paid crap too if you really want to break it down. You get what you pay for. If I pay verizon $180 for 700 mins on 2 lines with unlimited txt/pix/flix/im and unlimited data for both lines and I say well so and so has unlimited everything on straighttalk on 2 phones and its only $45 a line so that's $90 plus tax. still not close to the $180 I pay and they get to use the same network as me right? Well not really, even if the straighttalk phone u have is using the VZW network, I WILL get priority over your cheap bs service. Why? Because I am paying for the network. I have VZW, my mom has straighttalk. I pay 180 she pays 30/45, she can have full signal and sometimes her calls will NOT go out. WHY? Because she doesn't get priority over the actually VZW users. Straighttalk and tracphone and all the other rip u a new one companies pay VZW literally nothing and then people on straighttalk complain whine and bitch because their service gets shut off for talking too much or using too much data or whatever. BEWARE OF THE PRE-PAID RIP YOU OFF DEALS! Get a real plan with a real cell phone company.
Yes sir

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Jan 9, 2012
Yes it is, I have it
sweety

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2012
I have sprint it works decent but if i were to do again i would get straight talk they use verizon towers and when i dont have signal my freinds with straight talk always do but i live jc but travel around evrywhere
wifey

Fort Campbell, TN

#16 Jan 10, 2012
Go straight talk cheap and prepaid
Thats it

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Jan 11, 2012
wifey wrote:
Go straight talk cheap and prepaid
Thats what I have and love it
wifey

Fort Campbell, TN

#18 Jan 11, 2012
Thats it wrote:
<quoted text>Thats what I have and love it
what phone u have?
Fact is

Elizabethton, TN

#19 Jan 11, 2012
Straight Talk 45 a month works everywhere No contract
asiangrl

Fort Campbell, TN

#20 Jan 11, 2012
Fact is wrote:
Straight Talk 45 a month works everywhere No contract
how bout the droid phones.? Does it work fine?
Aware

Wampum, PA

#21 Jan 12, 2012
LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
You r stupid!! Really stupid. Straighttalk phones still work on VZW's network you tard! Some have sim cards in them tho and that means they are gonig to use the AT&Turd or T-Mobile network. But they DO still sell Straighttalk phones that use Verizon's network. Don't spread bs rumors. Its no wonder you all are so fucking stupid! I would say stay in school but I am not impressed by the school system. You people don't get the education u deserve. Do yourself a favor. All of you, open a damn book and read, and learn and don't spread rumors or lies and quit popping pills and wondering who is sleeping with who. Oh and to the OP SPRINT sucks here. So does all the pre-paid crap too if you really want to break it down. You get what you pay for. If I pay verizon $180 for 700 mins on 2 lines with unlimited txt/pix/flix/im and unlimited data for both lines and I say well so and so has unlimited everything on straighttalk on 2 phones and its only $45 a line so that's $90 plus tax. still not close to the $180 I pay and they get to use the same network as me right? Well not really, even if the straighttalk phone u have is using the VZW network, I WILL get priority over your cheap bs service. Why? Because I am paying for the network. I have VZW, my mom has straighttalk. I pay 180 she pays 30/45, she can have full signal and sometimes her calls will NOT go out. WHY? Because she doesn't get priority over the actually VZW users. Straighttalk and tracphone and all the other rip u a new one companies pay VZW literally nothing and then people on straighttalk complain whine and bitch because their service gets shut off for talking too much or using too much data or whatever. BEWARE OF THE PRE-PAID RIP YOU OFF DEALS! Get a real plan with a real cell phone company.
You are wrong about that phones sold before a certain date use CDMA technology which will still operate on Verizon.The phones you buy today are not set up to operate on CDMA for the Verizon network .If the phone has a sim card in it that means it using AT&T in this area the phones do not switch networks .They have a network they are assigned to they do not float on two different types of signal .The only reason a Verizon phone would have a sim card is one if it's a 4g phone or two it's international capable .Nice post thought you sounded like you knew what your were talking about .As for being stupid you are a rambling idiot Asshole.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min here now 145,831
old men at greystone dump 11 min old man 10
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 11 min Steve 3,638
Nitrogen water problem. .. 20 min emerald cunard 8
shiane foulks 37 min peanut 1
Paying too much child support (Aug '11) 55 min Dixie iron fist 28
motor cycle clubs 56 min Dixie iron fist 6
twested scissors 1 hr Sign of the times 12
Davis Street 1 hr Kohlrabi 30
south greene football 8 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 33
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••