Way too many TV commercials!
Huh

Johnson City, TN

#22 Apr 9, 2012
How will we know what to do without our tv telling us what to do?
realist

Atlanta, GA

#23 Apr 9, 2012
Ben Dover wrote:
It never fails the commercials are ALWAYS louder then the show we are watching.
That is very true. It goes way back. Advertisers/TV people realized that TV watchers OFTEN used the commercial time to go to the kitchen and refresh their drinks and snacks and/or to go to the bathroom. In an effort to counteract this behavior and attempt to insure that the commercial reaches the consumer - the volume is turned up during commercials, so that they may still possibly be heard by the TV watchers (even when said watchers are in other rooms). I believe most newer digital TVs have a setting or parameter that stops this increase in volume. It keeps the volume constant and negates wide volume ranges.
tomorthway

New Rochelle, NY

#24 Apr 29, 2012
can someone put on a web site we can all sign on to stop this greedy crap
roy_b

Elizabeth, NJ

#25 Jun 3, 2012
they have to come up with some kind of law to out law all the ads, you pay big dollars and you have to sit throw at least 25 mintues of ads
mike673

Bolivar, OH

#26 Nov 11, 2012
Tvstinks wrote:
I hardly watch tv anymore because of commercials. There is only 40 minutes of the actual show for every hour....so 1/3 of tv time is commercials. I've come to the point that I come to hate the products they are trying to sell me because they are not only interrupting my programming but if they are going to show me the same commercial 3 times in one hour then the company is obviously wasting money and it would reflect in the price of the product.
What i finally did was to have the cable tv disconnected.I will not watch any more tv. I just use the internet.
Naxt

Spencer, NC

#27 Nov 11, 2012
I did the same could not get Comcast to fix my on demand I don't regret it at all.I was spending over a hundred month they could care less .They have been calling about their box diligently.If they could apply that to their customer's service they might have something...

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#28 Nov 11, 2012
I watch mostly HBO and Showtime...better shows, commercial free!
Tv not worth watching

Valrico, FL

#29 Dec 25, 2012
Between all the vulgarity, sex and insults the inssesent commercials, tv is not worth watching and is becoming a waste of life. I'm gonna start reading books. The greed and immorality in America is getting too much!
Douglas

New Liskeard, Canada

#30 Apr 11, 2013
It's real sad that they can get away with placing so many commercials....Us cable users should have a choice..It's to a point now were its 15 and 15. Why don't they make there own commercial channel and leave the rest alone..Everyone can admit the commercial are sick more like stupid they all lie about there product so were all getting screwed . So how can this be changed...Netflix sure looks good.....soon as my kids go away for school I'm cancelling the stupidity..
peter marshall

San Marcos, CA

#31 Jun 4, 2013
They should just have one channel for all the commercials to be on and only pay the cable co
for the channels that you only watch. Hopfuly
they will come out with a tv with a commercial
blocker into it with some how go straight to
the show that you were watching. I'll tell you
when you are watching a 1/2 hour show you are
really watching a 20 minute show.
marvinmartian

Pasadena, CA

#32 Nov 6, 2014
I agree with everyone
marvinmartian

Pasadena, CA

#33 Nov 13, 2014
I agree with people here
marvinmartian

Pasadena, CA

#34 Nov 13, 2014
The worse types of commercials are taxes and insurance people need to make them go out of business
marvinmartian

Pasadena, CA

#35 Nov 13, 2014
Far too many greedy cable companies and so many too many ads
shapeshift

Greenville, SC

#36 Nov 13, 2014
I canceled comcast over 2 years ago their customer service suc#.I will never use them again in the future. I rent movies occasionally and use the Internet.I would rather read .I thought there was a law being past about the commercial noise ? I equate it to having telemarketers sitting in your home.

Since: Nov 14

Greeneville

#37 Nov 13, 2014
Agee with shape! Use the internet. YouTube, Netflix, or many of the other entertainment sources. Cable has become a source of advertisement agony!!!
Earl New Jersey

Bellmawr, NJ

#38 Nov 27, 2014
im tired of having to mute my tv when commercial are aired my only sulution when will this be changed give me a break sooooooooon please
Banjo

Greeneville, TN

#39 Nov 29, 2014
Seems like it won't be long and will be watching a few minutes of the TV show and have to sit through 45 minutes of commercials! Wouldn't be so bad if they'd put all of them in one spot during the show!
Ron

United States

#40 Dec 8, 2014
I too am outraged tat I must sit through an over abundance of commercials.
Last night I was viewing The "Lucy & Desi" Christmas special.
The first set of commercials totaled 14!
What can we do to element this. By the time the show returns, we cannot remember the plot!
HELP in Florida
kjk

United States

#42 May 11, 2015
I agree 100% customer service unless you get the right person ss they told me and they had it on my bill for many years that they sent me digital converter boxes we disagree with the local billing place and they told us hundred dollars a box finally found a good person and customer service now if my bill however I 100% agree with everybody too many commercials too many Mediacom commercial to me damn lawyersgive me a freaking break paying how much for the cable of month sure was something decent stuff reruns miss it the first day just wait two more days and it will be on again my suggestion everyone that looking for a digital antennas check them out find out what you want and worst bus and F mediacom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great clips next to Ryan's 2 hr Great clips 4
West Pines School 3 hr Wondering 26
Property tax increase. 4 hr Hunter 66
The uranium lie 5 hr z0neCrew 25
Ninas soul food 5 hr sahm 28
School superintendent David McClain 6 hr Wondering 1
Erica Parrish 8 hr hahaha 1
Nolichucky View 10 hr Pssst 26

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web