Way too many TV commercials!

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Franklin, TN

#1 Jul 27, 2009
It's getting way out of control! Every 5 or 6 minutes you have to sit through 4 or 5 minutes of silly commercials! Now, most of the channels go to commercials at the same time!
I guess I'm old, but I can remember when there was one break for about 3 minutes in the middle of the show!
Why can't they put all of them in one place? Then we can drive to McD's and get something to eat, and get back before they're over!
Just wanting to vent a little!
Thanks!
Greeneville

Franklin, TN

#2 Jul 27, 2009
I agree! These cable companies should give us free cable because they are making plenty of money off of advertisments!! That's why I could never understand why people pay $5 for a magazine... every other page is an advertisement... there is not much left to read.. we should get the magazines free!! We are paying to be advertised to!
Bumble bee

Franklin, TN

#3 Jul 27, 2009
I got a digital cable box from Comcast to be able to watch TV series without the ads.....but now, the 40 minutes of a one hour show is broken up into 47 minutes, so they can put the stupid ads all through the show! It sucks! I used to be able to enjoy a little TV, but now I get mad and turn it off! Good thing I live alone! I say some nasty things about Comcast cable!!! Now my bill just went up $5 a month for no reason I know of! Greedy bunch of pigs..........
Carmen

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Jul 29, 2009
Hey!! I don't have cable and ever since the switch to digital I only get Ch. 39! Guess I don't have the correct antennea! Every day they have 5 or 6 hours of infomercials!! No...I do not need youth revitailizing beauty cream from Victoria Principal!!!! Thank god for the internet!!
igiveup

Franklin, TN

#5 Aug 15, 2009
Is there any way to complain to someone about all the commercials? It's only gonna get worse if we just sit back and let it happen!
Can't even watch the news without a bunch of stupid commercial breaks!
Tvstinks

Strongsville, OH

#6 Dec 26, 2010
I hardly watch tv anymore because of commercials. There is only 40 minutes of the actual show for every hour....so 1/3 of tv time is commercials. I've come to the point that I come to hate the products they are trying to sell me because they are not only interrupting my programming but if they are going to show me the same commercial 3 times in one hour then the company is obviously wasting money and it would reflect in the price of the product.
one who knows

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 26, 2010
i use the dvr and skip commercials
eyeball

United States

#8 Dec 27, 2010
I hate the ones where the volume goes way up.I flip somewhere else.
agree

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Dec 31, 2010
Agree
madashell

Reading, PA

#10 Oct 3, 2011
So very sick of mens suit "two for one", green lizard and other ins.co.s, or "are you being harrassed by the IRS?", ads, and so many more with all networks methodically cranking up the volume and timing all to overlap! No escape. I agree with Bumble bee,Carmen and the others. Sadly all we can do is vent.
maria

Meridian, MS

#11 Oct 4, 2011
alot of people are canceling cable and watching tv on the internet, at 80.00 a month, i want to do the same thing.
Chester Droors

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 4, 2011
You can watch tv on the internet for free. A few good sites are:
http://www.justin.tv - User streaming site w/ everything
http://tvsearch.co/ - TV Shows
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/ - Sports
http://www.icefilms.info/index - Movies & TV Shows
http://www.ustream.tv/ - User streaming site w/ everything
And of course http://www.youtube.com/

I cancelled my cable tv service a year ago and haven't looked back.
Lynn

Monticello, IL

#13 Oct 17, 2011
dingbud wrote:
It's getting way out of control! Every 5 or 6 minutes you have to sit through 4 or 5 minutes of silly commercials! Now, most of the channels go to commercials at the same time!
I guess I'm old, but I can remember when there was one break for about 3 minutes in the middle of the show!
Why can't they put all of them in one place? Then we can drive to McD's and get something to eat, and get back before they're over!
Just wanting to vent a little!
Thanks!
I counted the times commercials came on during a great movie on MEDIACOM. Every 10 minutes, 5 full minutes of commercials. I counted a total of 13 commercials right in a row!
Tried switching to other channels, they are synchronized for the same time!! I pay a lot for cable, maybe we need to do what protestors are doing about Wall Street? or a petition, these businesses are all going out of control and care less and less about the consumer. Then there is the MEDIACOM SERVICE...WHAT SERVICE? 12 Years I have been with Mediacom and nothing but problems with customer service, billing and repair. They have a store here in town but only to pay, not to help with problems one poor consumer might have. Miss your payment....off the tv goes! Cable goes out for a couple days....maybe a credit forthcoming?
Do monkeys fly?
weaselpeter

Wellman, IA

#14 Nov 18, 2011
I have DISH NETWORK- it is no better than MEDIA COM or any other cable co. I took about 4 hours the other day and sent E-mails to all the channels websites I could find and said I was going to quit watching their channel and never buy anything from their sponsors. Maybe what should be done is everybody contact the sponsors directly and tell them we will never buy their product and complain to anybody who would listen to do the same thing. there is a lot of free numbers to call for products- call them and take up their time and bitch about the excessive comercials. Didnt the government used to regulate the time per hour for commercials? If they did it is one of the few good things they have done.[ that hurt me to say that lol]
Billy bob joe

Harrisburg, SD

#15 Dec 7, 2011
Hi my name is billy bob joe I like to milk cows at night! I also like to grab my goats and bring them into my barn because I'm very muscular ya you Gerald me boy I like to do that stuff my whole life oh yeah brother! What is up my home boys patduntie you da bomb brother hahaha! Peace my homie bye bye I really wish I could write more but I have to go!
Billy bob joes cousin

Harrisburg, SD

#16 Dec 7, 2011
Billy is a liar
Doing it Nuggets

Harrisburg, SD

#17 Dec 7, 2011
HI my name is Doing it! I like to play with my base.....balls a lot i do it all the time. I do it where ever i am idc if people see either they usally just join m anyways which works out really well! you Know it brother! How about we go to the park sometime and have some fun in the trees or something how does that sound? I like to climb way up into the trees high up up and away!
oddmanout

United States

#18 Jan 19, 2012
the amount of advertising on television is sickening and the actual commercials are nauseating.i do not know who they could appeal to. i almost always avoid purchasing any product or service that has bombarded me with its idiotic sales pitch. i am cancelling my cable.
Ben Dover

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jan 24, 2012
It never fails the commercials are ALWAYS louder then the show we are watching.
commercials-suck

United States

#20 Apr 8, 2012
I cannot stand all of these commercials..especially the medical ones...its subliminal terrorists trying to talk people into being sick or dead! greedy f-bags. I swear if I hear the word "healthy" one more time- I'm going to snap!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are your thoughts on the Iowa Caucus and t... 10 min Carl Childers 36
How Bout Dat 31 min Crazy 3
News Former East Tennessee priest in Virginia court ... (Aug '10) 4 hr Survivor 8
Cook at the Valley 5 hr Yuck 2
rocky top auction, better than a prostitute 7 hr ex customer 5
Moving soon need free or cheap moving boxes 7 hr Dr Wu 2
3 MORE DRUGGIES popped in Greeneville!!!!!!! YAY!! 8 hr The one 6
Poll Do You Find Greene County Natives Odd? 9 hr funny 17
Would you move to Greeneville, based on your lo... 11 hr I call BS 147
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages