New Grocery Store
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Wow

Antioch, TN

#1 Apr 23, 2012
Alright, we're getting a new grocery store. Didn't a grocery just close down and don't we have to many as it is? It would be nice to have a Kroger, but not many in Greeneville will be able to afford their prices though.
Wow

Antioch, TN

#2 Apr 23, 2012
Sorry ***too many***
Norville

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Apr 23, 2012
I don't WOW, I don't think one can have too much food. And if we get a Kroger's, at least for a while we'll have an outlet for fresh coffee beans.
Kraigwerwedsadfa ff

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 23, 2012
Still makes no sense Wow. Fresh Market? Kroger? Hope its Kroger.
mallard

Johnson City, TN

#5 Apr 23, 2012
Probably another high priced Food City! What about the 26,000 sq. ft. home furnishing/apparel store?! Anybody have a clue??!
Wow

Antioch, TN

#6 Apr 23, 2012
I put to many and it should have been too many. So what's with the nuts and clueless?
Whatami90

Kingston Springs, TN

#7 Apr 24, 2012
WGRV news has the story of a new grocery store. A city offical who is good friends with my cousin said one of the new stores planned at the Walmart site is T.J.Maxx. I post straight up and my cousin is a local business person, so take it for what it's worth. I've been proved wrong before. I think a T.J.Maxx would appeal to Greeneville's shoppers. If it will get enough business to stay... well this is Greeneville. Also I'm very excited to see the board of Mayor and Aldermen unanimously approved the Walmart site development.
WaLLY1

Brentwood, TN

#8 Apr 24, 2012
Food City/ T.J.Maxx book it
Tostito

United States

#9 Apr 24, 2012
People who worry about the high price of food shouldn't load their carts up with Mountain Dew, Doritos, and frozen pizzas!
Observer

Kingston Springs, TN

#10 Apr 24, 2012
mallard wrote:
Probably another high priced Food City! What about the 26,000 sq. ft. home furnishing/apparel store?! Anybody have a clue??!
TJ Maxx.
Observer

Kingston Springs, TN

#11 Apr 24, 2012
WaLLY1 wrote:
Food City/ T.J.Maxx book it
I bet it is Ingle's moving in to a "newer,remodelled" store.Was always told that another grocery store can not be there because Ingle's is already there,something in their rental agreement.
Bystander

Kingsport, TN

#12 Apr 24, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>I bet it is Ingle's moving in to a "newer,remodelled" store.Was always told that another grocery store can not be there because Ingle's is already there,something in their rental agreement.
If they same company doesn't own both the Ingles and the old Wal-Mart property, I don't see how they could dictate who/what goes in that property.

How can company A dictate what company B does with their porperty?

Maybe it is the same owner, but I don't know.
I Hope

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Apr 24, 2012
TJ MAXX!!!!! I hope :)
q ball

Hendersonville, TN

#14 Apr 24, 2012
Food City is the most expensive grocery store in town. Don't need more of that!
Kroger Fan

Antioch, TN

#15 Apr 24, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>I bet it is Ingle's moving in to a "newer,remodelled" store.Was always told that another grocery store can not be there because Ingle's is already there,something in their rental agreement.
Sounds like something Greeneville would promote. A store moves, the tax payers help fix up the new location. Then town hall gives them a tax break for years, because they filled a empty building. And the old location falls apart because no one wants the competition. Makes since to me.....NOT!!!
Transplant

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Apr 24, 2012
It may be far fetched, but I vote for Publix. Excellent store...I miss shopping there. The closest one I have seen is in Chatanooga, but I can dream.

As for the discussion about who owns what property. Tom Ferguson told me that Wal-Mart has retained the lease on it's old building so that no competitors could take over that property. I was thinking he meant Target or something like that, but since Wal-Mart has groceries, too, they could be working to keep down competition from other grocery chains as well. Now that the old Food Lion store is available we might actually be able to get a few new stores here.
Wandering

Missoula, MT

#17 Apr 24, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>TJ Maxx.
Tj max and food city....in the old Walmart
I hope

Franklin, TN

#18 Apr 24, 2012
I hope it is not another low class trash store....Bring us in something good!
Citizen

Brentwood, TN

#19 Apr 24, 2012
Greeneville would be completely idiotic to put another Food City here. We need a grocery store where we can load coupons and discounts onto the store's value card.
Fitty

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#20 Apr 24, 2012
mallard wrote:
Big Lots?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a old friend 44 min Really 5
Steven dunbar 47 min Confused 4
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Gray Gypsy 9,536
Yo ladies 1 hr Gray Gypsy 53
Tampons 1 hr Chatty 16
Lora Keith 2 hr Hope 26
Trampus Shirey 6 hr Bre 3
Judge odrers Bill Cosby stand trial 7 hr good grief 25
What's going on at Towering Oaks Baptist Church? (Feb '11) 8 hr Dr Wu 373
More from around the web