What is your view?
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#1 Jan 4, 2013
I'm not here to seem like I know it all, I don't. I'm ignorant, and I'm not here to belitle anyones intelligence or slander them nor their views.... not to strike arguments nor quarrels.. just wat to expound and compare views, pretend were in a greek street and were philosophers saying what how we see it...

I see it like this man.. I was born, I have lived, I live, I expect to live more, and I will die as of now that is the extent of my knowledge on the matter of life and death. What of "me", that is my consciousness(not conSCEINCE, moral judgement but conSCIOUSness) awareness, my self, who "I" am... some people might believe in a soul, maybe some not, the debate is here, is conSCIOUSness solely produced and maintained by the functions of the brain, or is it something independent of a body? a "soul" or "spirit".. i don't know... I believe in a spirit or soul...

I don't recall any past lives before birth, i don't even remember being in the womb. I don't know what will happen when I "die", my body stops functioning and they deem me dead... I wonder if my awareness will fade into "pre-birth" nothing.... just won't exist... it's hard to comprehend nothing when we are used to existing every day but nothing I guess could be likened to dreamless sleep, or blacking out, or pre birth... as I call it...

I wonder if my energy goes on, my spirit.. based off a lot of near death experiences reported I think I will.. I don't know about what religion is right or anything but lol... idk. NOT PUTTING ANY VIEWS just stating my opinion... you may disagree and i may change my view.. just wanna hear yours man..

I think it is strange we live on a planet. We are so small.... I think about how we are on a big ass rock type think in outer space lol... when I look into the sky I think about how Im staring off into infinity... it trips with me... lol... I think about all those starts far off and how that light is coming to us... from millions of miles... it baffles me... I think about how

We are one planet in billions in a solar system of billions in a galaxy of billions in a Universe, that may compliment other Universes, and we experience life from a limited perspective and perception and how our beliefs may have no significane in the grand scheme of things..
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#2 Jan 4, 2013
I think about how my perception( how I see the world) is limited. My eyes are receptive of light, but not infrared and x rays and how my vision is so limited to what the light can show me, and how much light I'm getting in my eyes.. and how if we could find a way to see x rays and infrared clairvoyance is possible... I think auras are possible .. i DONT know but i believe its possible...

I think about how my ears do not hear all that is going on, and how much there is to hear in the world... I think about how my skin is picking up on heat and pressure... my tounge and nose odors and chemicals...

I know its simple science elementary shit, just... I think that is strange my sensory organs take in this information then goes into a certain part of my brain and forms what I see how the world is... and what I see is not all that is there..

bees see infrared and bats I've heard they hear different, lol(ditsy idk).lol. anyway...

Then emotions, I thank what is a damn "emotion' a feeling, a experience that takes us over... i think about how a situation happens, and then a though hapens in reaction to it then our body has a reaction and makes us feel a certain way..and how if i detach my thought from the situations and world(detach) I would not be controlled by the emotions..

I wonder if animals with smaller brains, without endocrine systems, hormones, experience emotion? how could they if the chemical is not there to produce it? its interesting to me!!!
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#3 Jan 4, 2013
I wonder why we want to kill an animal, to eat it, and think it is okay... it is a being like we are why are we going to kill it ? and make it feel pain just so we can eat.. I understand how in nature other species do it, but we are human we have a higher brain, a smarter brain to have agriculture and explore nutritional benefits of organic food, plants...

lol....

why do people kill bugs? and think its okay... for all you know you could have been reincarnated into a damn bug.... and be stomped on for justice, that is fair? if you are a soul and you go through different incarnations working off karma, and you stomp a bug and make it feel pain why should you not experience it? is that fair?

i wonder why people think we are "children of God"... I wonder why religion is put on us from our birth and most people stay with or return to the childhood religion... I think its like anything... learned behavior...

people are taught if you do this, you get spanked, if you do that you get a piece of candy, praising Jesus or ALlah or whatever is you doing something to get the candy, cause if not your gonna get the spanking.. heaven and hell.. its a reward thing...

why do churches play music? music effects our emotions, the scenary in a room effects our emotions, and we have a spiritual experiences in churches? im not against a God or creator being but I do wonder... whats with that ? these preachers who are money hungry and want to convince people they are healers.. lol.
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#4 Jan 4, 2013
I wonder about christianity though I respect people and why they have their beliefs I wonder about the logic in it?

Why is man created BEFORE man in the first chapter of the bible, and animals are made AFTER man in the 2nd chapter... I read that the first 2 chapters are actually entirely different stories.

I think how the bible is a collection of books written by men over millenia and compiled by man, and only SAID to be inspired by the holy spirit, now I'm open to a Christian's apologetics on this yet I still wonder... why do we think a book made by man is the word of God...

why do mormans think that Joseph Smith is a prophet, when in Revelation it says anyone who adds to this book is cursed? what?

okay... why does the Quran say that Muhammed is the final prophet? then after that mormons... it makes no sense to me... its illogical.

It says that Jesus(which I respect his teaching and see him as a revolutionary and if it is true he died for my sins I appreciate it greatly no hate to Jesus here but) is said to be to Son of God through the blood line of Joseph? okay... Joseph did not have Him, God put the seed in Mary, mary is not of Davids Descent?
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#5 Jan 4, 2013
I ask you this.. you look at a cat.. you see a leopard, a cheeta... you see it...

and you see their obviously similar... feline family./..

you see a wolf a dog a hyenia lol... they are similar canine family....

You see a chimp, a gorilla, a orangutang, and you think about how they are similar in primate family... you see a human it is similar to them, and we are considered primate family...

why do we think evolution is not true? that we don't share a common anestor with these species? why do people think that evolution say we come from current primate species? when it says we simply share a common ancestor with them?

if the earth is 6000 years old why do civilizations go back longer than that?

i wonder about this..
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#6 Jan 4, 2013
Why do scientists observe baceria species evolving in nature all the time. and people say its not real?

why is it okay to drink alcohol, that hurts organs and causes addiction and beligerence but it is not okay to smoke marijuana which is not physically addictive lol... no organ damage and no death risk... but its okay to fill a script and take pills that we barely understand how the brain works none the less how the pill effects it? what is this?

why?
chrismcmahon9336

Erwin, TN

#7 Jan 4, 2013
Why are men pressured to "respect" women... respect and worship is two different things...

why do men feel to be a "man" whatever that means, they gotta please women? why? I don't believe in beating women, yelling at them, you know being bad, I do respect them as humans, but why should I esteem them higher than my own gender?

why do women manipulate mans emotion for? and give them sex and affection in trade for emotional comfort, ego stroking and financial security? lol sounds like basically prostitution to me...

why do men cheat on women? why do women cheat on men? yeah i et the psychology and i know a lot of situations and what goes on in their mind... but why is this accepted okay? by some people?

why just because a woman has a different sex organ than me, I have to please her for? why ?

why do we change oruselves around women? to impress them? why to get what we want? manipulate, women do it tool... whats with feminist? thinking women are better than men? or men that think they're better, if were really equal why do we treat each other different? wtf man.

“Many have died”

Since: Dec 12

On the road to peace

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Don't worry, no one thinks you know it all... You come off as a person that thinks they are making profound statements and is a deep thinker... but in reality is just a stoned loser with too much time on their hands...
chrismcmahon

Erwin, TN

#9 Jan 4, 2013
nah man... you got it all wrong brother...

i apologize if i ever hurt you in some way that we fill you have to slander me to feel some kind of inner .. fulfillment? idk ... who you feel you are impressing or what group of posters you represent but yeah...

I'm not making profound statements.. im stating observiations of the world we live in, like scientists and philosophers do... what is "reality" dude? in the realm of the abstract no one knows... and in the realm of vauge generalized terms such as "loser" ?

hum i wonder.. why you still hold hate to me? or do you what is your intention what point do you want to make? how can I better my life from listeniing to you? if you intention is good?

what should I do brother? guide me.

and success is subjective and being stoned is just a state of mind... i mind whats wrong with a state of mind? and loser.. ive lost a cell phone ive lost my wallet... loser? what have i lost that needs to be gained?

I have an agenda man... that agenda is to expound my views to Greeneville and spark a conversation to grow on... to exchange concepts and come to a complete perspective. but what have i dont wrong?

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#10 Jan 4, 2013
You have lost your mind...

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#12 Jan 4, 2013
In all honesty I somewhat agree with a lot of what you say... It's just how you say it... I have been stoned or drunk off my ass and had the same type thoughts and conversations, but it was with people in the same state of mind as me... its just that when you are sober (or your mind hasn't been destroyed by drugs or drink) reading through your post is almost impossible, it just come off an stoner ramblings... I'd probably enjoy getting stoned and solving the worlds problems with you...
chrismcmahon

Erwin, TN

#13 Jan 4, 2013
yeah dude i don't know how to put the concept that isn't complicated... i mean I try to use grammar spelling shit you know, i think thats what i GOTTA do

i have to use big words and shit, cause the topic matter because i gotta let em see im intelligent and not dumb because i rep for weed and shit....

i mean weed for me is spiritual, it is not a idk man narcotic dude, something bad like alcohol...

im saying.. cocaine(i support liberty here too) is different than heroin .. if i did a line uh coke id be stimulated man. up alert talkative social.... if i did a downer... heroin, id be noddin out and shit... you know what im sayin? weed... and lsd.... and meth.... and shrooms.... and bath salts...

is all differen't chemicals that effect the brain of different people in different ways... its not

DRUGS ARE BAD.. its drugs have the potential to be very useful to an individual if used with responsibility and respect for and knowledge of the substance.... thats what it really is..

its aint either or, yout.. GOOD or BAD.. okay its a highly complex issue that has a lot of variables in it.. which is why, me (plus i've always just been wired this way) get way into specifics..

im way into psychology, i've talken with people on forums and shit, they use the same vocab as me we relate... but here.. everyone got a different vocab... like cali weed slang aint TN weed slang .lol..

ya get what im tryin to convey? ya feel me?

“Many have died”

On the road to peace

#14 Jan 4, 2013
I feel you dude... I agree with everything you just said...

I think I like you... I'm going to quit being a dick to you.
chrismcmahon

Erwin, TN

#15 Jan 4, 2013
hale yeah brother thats what im sayin shit we see it that same way .
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

#16 Jan 4, 2013
chrismcmahon9336 wrote:
I'm not here to seem like I know it all, I don't. I'm ignorant, and I'm not here to belitle anyones intelligence or slander them nor their views.... not to strike arguments nor quarrels.. just wat to expound and compare views, pretend were in a greek street and were philosophers saying what how we see it...
I see it like this man.. I was born, I have lived, I live, I expect to live more, and I will die as of now that is the extent of my knowledge on the matter of life and death. What of "me", that is my consciousness(not conSCEINCE, moral judgement but conSCIOUSness) awareness, my self, who "I" am... some people might believe in a soul, maybe some not, the debate is here, is conSCIOUSness solely produced and maintained by the functions of the brain, or is it something independent of a body? a "soul" or "spirit".. i don't know... I believe in a spirit or soul...
I don't recall any past lives before birth, i don't even remember being in the womb. I don't know what will happen when I "die", my body stops functioning and they deem me dead... I wonder if my awareness will fade into "pre-birth" nothing.... just won't exist... it's hard to comprehend nothing when we are used to existing every day but nothing I guess could be likened to dreamless sleep, or blacking out, or pre birth... as I call it...
I wonder if my energy goes on, my spirit.. based off a lot of near death experiences reported I think I will.. I don't know about what religion is right or anything but lol... idk. NOT PUTTING ANY VIEWS just stating my opinion... you may disagree and i may change my view.. just wanna hear yours man..
I think it is strange we live on a planet. We are so small.... I think about how we are on a big ass rock type think in outer space lol... when I look into the sky I think about how Im staring off into infinity... it trips with me... lol... I think about all those starts far off and how that light is coming to us... from millions of miles... it baffles me... I think about how
We are one planet in billions in a solar system of billions in a galaxy of billions in a Universe, that may compliment other Universes, and we experience life from a limited perspective and perception and how our beliefs may have no significane in the grand scheme of things..
If your as long winded in your talkin as you are in your typin you have to be breathin thru your a$$.
Whatever

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jan 4, 2013
Don't know if he's breathing through it, but he's definitely talking through it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Few names on DTF list working for them 30 min He Paranoid 16
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 33 min What Dafuq 11,612
Hackers 1 hr All your base 1
President clinton 1 hr Greggs 2
why do children take after the bad parent????? 1 hr brokenhearted 1
does vulcan materials do random drug tests? 2 hr blaque mammy 4
Kilday and Holt 2 hr Max 27
Another shooting 3 hr Donald J Trump 45
Greenevile High School Setting Bad Precedent 5 hr punctuation please 18

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages