Follower of Mohammed Looking for Truth

Follower of Mohammed Looking for Truth

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Saaqib

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jul 17, 2013
I am a middle aged Muslim man. I moved to Greene County over a decade ago, just before 9/11. I remember that day and how fearful I was that I would be targeted.

I have been spit on. I have been cursed. I have been called a terrorist. Many of these have been done to me by "Christians."

I don't believe your Christ would have acted like that towards me. In spite of all of this, I have begun to question teachings of Islam. My family traces their roots back to the founding of Islam and were followers of Mohammed. My questioning my roots puts me in danger.

I feel that there is something more to this man called Christ. I want to know more about him. I do not learn much from his followers because they are too busy judging me and not showing me compassion and love like their Christ did to those who did not follow him.

What church would be good for me to attend tonight? I may want to speak to the pastor. I have a heavy heart and a deep interest. Could someone please point me the way?
Christian

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jul 17, 2013
You cannot become a Christian. You sir are going to Hell.

Since: Jun 12

Mount Prospect, IL

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Saaqib,
Don't listen to those who spit on you or tell you that you're going to hell. There are true Christians who have the Holy Spirit that will not judge you, that Love you, and will spend the time to sit down with you and share.

Christianity in the South has been sabotaged by red-neck type racism where they basically call themselves Christian because everyone else is, but don't practice what they preach. This is true for a lot of folks, but not all.

I'm planning on moving to the area soon and starting a small house church and you would be more than welcome into my home, food, a place to stay, anything you would ever need, I would share with you because I know you are a Soul.

The biggest difference between Christianity and Islam, is that in Christianity you will eventually get the Holy Spirit which will indwell you, slay your ego, and add spiritual faculties to your being such as non-judgment, Transcendent Love, Peace, Being, Sharing, and various other spiritual gifts. It is a direct experience and you ill know that you are sealed by the Holy Spirit when this happens and that your entry into Heaven is secured.

It's just an unfortunate thing that many Southerners give Christianity a Bad name by being racists and not acting like Christ, and that is because many lack the Holy Spirit experience which changes a person. If you lack the Holy Spirit then those folks will not act any different than regular folks.
Pastor

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jul 17, 2013
I am a pastor. I will tell you the truth. You are blinded because of the sin of your fathers. Nothing you do can save you. Only God can decide to save you. It sounds as if you are seeking but God has turned his back on your people. Sadly, there is nothing you can do. The time for your people to come to God was during the Old Testament. God allowed you to be blinded so that the church could come through. God chose Israel over your people. Then God discarded Israel and chose the church. We have not abandoned him, so there is no way for you to be saved.
Get Out

Greeneville, TN

#5 Jul 17, 2013
I hate terrorists. Get out of here and go back where you came from!

Since: Jun 12

Mount Prospect, IL

#6 Jul 17, 2013
Pastor wrote:
I am a pastor. I will tell you the truth. You are blinded because of the sin of your fathers. Nothing you do can save you. Only God can decide to save you. It sounds as if you are seeking but God has turned his back on your people. Sadly, there is nothing you can do. The time for your people to come to God was during the Old Testament. God allowed you to be blinded so that the church could come through. God chose Israel over your people. Then God discarded Israel and chose the church. We have not abandoned him, so there is no way for you to be saved.
What does his Father's Sin have to do with his own? Nothing!!!!

I'm a Pastor and a Theologian and what you say is false, here's why. This person was born a different Nationality than you and was raised in a society Biased toward Islam. So he became that because that's what people do in those countries, because of Bias.

Now his heart is stirring and his soul is wondering about Christ. It is never too late for anyone. See the thief on the Christ who believed in the last minute and was saved. And here you are saying he is condemned because of the way he was raised. That's not right!!!

What he does can save him. If he chooses Christ and gets the Spirit, then he is saved. It is a decision we make of our own volition.

As a Pastor, when someone asks about Jesus, you're supposed to be loving, accepting, sharing, and teaching. Instead the first thing you do is bring up that all his people are doomed, God turned his back, yadda yadda yadda, and so forth. Great Job!!!!

You know they have retreats for Pastors where you guys are taught the best way to communicate with others not like yourself and how to approach others.

If I was a Muslim wondering about Christ and wanting to know more, and if you would have told me all that above, I would have just walked away and never wondered about Christ again thinking that even his representatives say I'm screwed. And who did Jesus preach to? The worst of the worst.

If you would like some more lessons on best way to approach others not like yourself as far as religion and skin color, feel free to stop by my house Church for some lessons Pastor.

By the way, "Pastor" is just a title that many let get to their heads. I've met many a Pastor who spent years upon years studying books in seminary, and yet still lack the Baptism of the Spirit.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#7 Jul 17, 2013
Might I suggest checking out Graceredux.com ? Great place to start your journey.
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Christian wrote:
You cannot become a Christian. You sir are going to Hell.
you sir are an idiot and if he goes to hell you will be there with him. you can cont speak for God in deciding who can become a Christian. you may claim Christianity but your judgmental comment reveals you are very far from it.
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jul 17, 2013
Pastor wrote:
I am a pastor. I will tell you the truth. You are blinded because of the sin of your fathers. Nothing you do can save you. Only God can decide to save you. It sounds as if you are seeking but God has turned his back on your people. Sadly, there is nothing you can do. The time for your people to come to God was during the Old Testament. God allowed you to be blinded so that the church could come through. God chose Israel over your people. Then God discarded Israel and chose the church. We have not abandoned him, so there is no way for you to be saved.
you should be ashamed of yourself! what a crock of crap you say!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#10 Jul 17, 2013
Saaqib wrote:
I am a middle aged Muslim man. I moved to Greene County over a decade ago, just before 9/11. I remember that day and how fearful I was that I would be targeted.

I have been spit on. I have been cursed. I have been called a terrorist. Many of these have been done to me by "Christians."

I don't believe your Christ would have acted like that towards me. In spite of all of this, I have begun to question teachings of Islam. My family traces their roots back to the founding of Islam and were followers of Mohammed. My questioning my roots puts me in danger.

I feel that there is something more to this man called Christ. I want to know more about him. I do not learn much from his followers because they are too busy judging me and not showing me compassion and love like their Christ did to those who did not follow him.

What church would be good for me to attend tonight? I may want to speak to the pastor. I have a heavy heart and a deep interest. Could someone please point me the way?
I hope you find what you are looking for. There are many churches in Greene County. I'm sure any pastor would be happy to speak to you.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#11 Jul 17, 2013
You got to be kidding me? Nobody would surely even post that on here, somebody got there spoon out hoping to stir some shat. I dont think you are gonna find many true pastors on here...lol

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#12 Jul 17, 2013
Is this Pastor Dave/Don with a new identity trying to incited the racist homophobes again?
Go to Hell

Greeneville, TN

#13 Jul 17, 2013
Sura 19 70-71 says that all of you will go to Hell.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#14 Jul 18, 2013
Go to Hell wrote:
Sura 19 70-71 says that all of you will go to Hell.
'ALL,' is a pretty all-encompassing term. Care to rethink that?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#15 Jul 18, 2013
Saaqib wrote:
I am a middle aged Muslim man. I moved to Greene County over a decade ago, just before 9/11. I remember that day and how fearful I was that I would be targeted.
I have been spit on. I have been cursed. I have been called a terrorist. Many of these have been done to me by "Christians."
I don't believe your Christ would have acted like that towards me. In spite of all of this, I have begun to question teachings of Islam. My family traces their roots back to the founding of Islam and were followers of Mohammed. My questioning my roots puts me in danger.
I feel that there is something more to this man called Christ. I want to know more about him. I do not learn much from his followers because they are too busy judging me and not showing me compassion and love like their Christ did to those who did not follow him.
What church would be good for me to attend tonight? I may want to speak to the pastor. I have a heavy heart and a deep interest. Could someone please point me the way?
As stated earlier, Christians are not ALL Christians. This is not only true in the south, but the world at large. Religion is no longer a major part of MANY lives. I find it would be best to simply try reading the Bible on your own and finding a friend to help you through it. Then chose whether you would rather be a Christian, or continue looking for a spiritual guide. Honestly, eastern religions are much more fathomable than the Western beliefs. Karma/Reincarnation/Buddhism.. . All of that sounds much more convincing than joining a... cult, that consider themselves a church. Happy searching!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#16 Jul 18, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you find what you are looking for. There are many churches in Greene County. I'm sure any pastor would be happy to speak to you.
Not ANY pastor. Some may stop to check the tags on your clothing. Or what you pulled up in. May even want a bank statement!

Ahehe
Pastor Dave

Greeneville, TN

#17 Jul 19, 2013
We are starting up a church, Saaqib. We would love to show you the love of Jesus Christ.

We are very accepting. We all come from different backgrounds.

No one can judge you and your heart accept God, but they will try.

If your heart is right, you will one day hear, "Good job my faithful servant." If it is not, you will hear, "Depart from me. I never knew you."

Other "Christians" will try to decide that for God. In the end, they will be judged by the same measure that they used to measure you.

If they can't measure up to the standard they held for you, they are just as likely to hear the latter.

Those who attempt to judge people are talked about by Jesus when he told them to pay attention to the beam in their eye instead of the saw dust in their brother's eye.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#18 Jul 19, 2013
That's all we need, fudge packing Muslums. Queers and Muslums. What will they think of next?

Since: Jun 12

Mount Prospect, IL

#19 Jul 19, 2013
Pastor Dave wrote:
We are starting up a church, Saaqib. We would love to show you the love of Jesus Christ.
We are very accepting. We all come from different backgrounds.
No one can judge you and your heart accept God, but they will try.
If your heart is right, you will one day hear, "Good job my faithful servant." If it is not, you will hear, "Depart from me. I never knew you."
Other "Christians" will try to decide that for God. In the end, they will be judged by the same measure that they used to measure you.
If they can't measure up to the standard they held for you, they are just as likely to hear the latter.
Those who attempt to judge people are talked about by Jesus when he told them to pay attention to the beam in their eye instead of the saw dust in their brother's eye.
Amen Pastor Dave.....spoken like a true Christian. That's what it's all about non-judgmental Love, acceptance, forgiveness, sharing, caring, and having the Holy Spirit.

Bless you Brother

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#20 Jul 19, 2013
Pastor Dave wrote:
We are starting up a church, Saaqib. We would love to show you the love of Jesus Christ.
We are very accepting. We all come from different backgrounds.
No one can judge you and your heart accept God, but they will try.
If your heart is right, you will one day hear, "Good job my faithful servant." If it is not, you will hear, "Depart from me. I never knew you."
Other "Christians" will try to decide that for God. In the end, they will be judged by the same measure that they used to measure you.
If they can't measure up to the standard they held for you, they are just as likely to hear the latter.
Those who attempt to judge people are talked about by Jesus when he told them to pay attention to the beam in their eye instead of the saw dust in their brother's eye.
Note: Pastor Dave/Don neglected to mention the specific assemblage of worshippers he/they wish to attract in another thread. Still have the opinion Pastor Dave, Pastor Don, and Saaqib are the same agitating person playing Q & A on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are liberals so weak and feminine? 4 min Mean Muggin 45
What's going on at Towering Oaks Baptist Church? (Feb '11) 10 min Piper 375
Tampons 47 min Sam 104
Brady kidwell 2 hr Wondering 1
Zipping Along 2 hr just a youngster 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 7 hr Gray Gypsy 9,542
Would you rather? 8 hr BoatOwner 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages