First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RELATIVE

Loudon, TN

#24 Oct 4, 2013
Dont buy that Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this man well and I mean well this man that lost his life today, has never I mean never had any kinda citation in his life and he was 70+ yrs old, Do you really think this 70+ yr old man is gonna be coming out this road like a banshy wild Indian flying and passing cars in and outta traffic. A man that his traveled this road all his life. I Dnt. think so driver.
Now on the other hand anything could have happended to Ray at his age,(stroke heart attack sugar dropped blood pressure went too high, who knows only GOD knows. And I hope the driver of the truck is fine.
AMEN COULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT ANY MORE HONEST OR PLAINER. THANK YOU.
very sad

Greeneville, TN

#26 Oct 5, 2013
very sad

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#27 Oct 6, 2013
A mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed its just a matter of time before a bus gets hit or a car full of infants. Someone needs to patision and contact TDOS. Or have the county mayor get the ball rolling . Every automobile you pass on that road is way too fast. We all have kids on that road and parents & grandparents who travel it Dailey wheather to school or work or church or grocery store. If they gotta put cameras out there then so be it. If they save 1 life it would be well worth it.
Several years ago there was a brother & sister that were killed in an accident involving one of the dump trucks on this same stretch of road. It is a very dangerous road. I use to live on Greystone Rd & I know that a lot of the trucks then drove way too fast and not always on their side of the road. I traveled from Horse Creek to White Sands community & on up the mountain for one of my jobs a few yrs ago. I very seldom ever saw a cop & I was out there 3 days a week.
friend

Johnson City, TN

#28 Oct 6, 2013
Anyone ever find out who it was that swerved in front of Ray and caused him to wreck?
107 Cutoff resident

Greeneville, TN

#30 Oct 6, 2013
This road is like a raceway. Where Hermon Circle meets 107 cutoff and where Middle Creek meets 107 cutoff are both very, very dangerous intersections that need to be fixed. It is not just the trucks either. Cars speed through here, pass people doing the speed limit, run up your bumper, it is just terrible. It is a miracle that there are not more accidents!

The county needs to address this issue.
neighbor

Johnson City, TN

#31 Oct 6, 2013
107 Cutoff resident wrote:
This road is like a raceway. Where Hermon Circle meets 107 cutoff and where Middle Creek meets 107 cutoff are both very, very dangerous intersections that need to be fixed. It is not just the trucks either. Cars speed through here, pass people doing the speed limit, run up your bumper, it is just terrible. It is a miracle that there are not more accidents!

The county needs to address this issue.
Just look at all the tire spin marks coming out of middle creek onto the highway. Now that it's paved and smooth I look for the speeds to increase.
ott

Johnson City, TN

#33 Oct 7, 2013
Terrible tragedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Mathes& Eddie Hensley (Aug '13) 11 min justsayin 23
New Dollar General On Bernard 17 min justsayin 43
***** last post wins ***** 42 min Trunketeer 1,395
vickie ragan barnette 45 min justice 9
Good Places To Go Mudding???? (Sep '10) 45 min The real outdoorsman 37
jeremy davis 48 min Independent1 10
Chris Brobeck 51 min Independent1 2
South Greene Lady Rebel Taylor Lamb is Awesome 4 hr bring back the grey 54
The Big Dig on East Church(near Towering Oaks) 12 hr Nobody 45
WHAT R ALL U Silent Viewers Reading??? (Apr '14) 18 hr Malicious Moo Cow 294