wreck on 107 cut off

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
praying

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2013
There has been a bad wreck car verses dump truck on 107 cut off. One person killed.Please lets keep the family of the person that didnt make it and the dump truck driver in our prayers :) Praying for all that was involved including the Ems, fire fighters, and policeman that had to work this accident.
watcher

Jonesville, SC

#2 Oct 4, 2013
Agree... The gentleman was an elderly. Ray McIntosh or something like that.
watcher

Jonesville, SC

#3 Oct 4, 2013
praying wrote:
There has been a bad wreck car verses dump truck on 107 cut off. One person killed.Please lets keep the family of the person that didnt make it and the dump truck driver in our prayers :) Praying for all that was involved including the Ems, fire fighters, and policeman that had to work this accident.
Bad real Bad. Those dang big trucks need their own route out to the quarry.
concerned

Jonesville, SC

#4 Oct 4, 2013
Yea those guys really move in those big trucks out through there, especially down that hill rite there at middle creek entrance.
THOSE BIG TRUCKS NEED A 35 MPH out through there.
A mom

Jonesville, SC

#5 Oct 4, 2013
concerned wrote:
Yea those guys really move in those big trucks out through there, especially down that hill rite there at middle creek entrance.
Yea one ran me and my kid plum off the road in the curve and he was flying .
Dump truck driver

Morristown, TN

#6 Oct 4, 2013
He guy in the car came across the line and hit the dump truck almost head on.The truck driver was not at fault He was performing his daily duty as driver.The car on the other hand was said to be going at least 60 mph.The dump truck was coming from the Red light He hadnt even got the truck into high range yet.
News

Greeneville, TN

#7 Oct 4, 2013
A Resident

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Praying for the family. I agree, the trucks drive way too fast on that road. I nearly get plastered by them every morning pulling out of my driveway (on a blind hill on 107 Cutoff).
Person

Greeneville, TN

#9 Oct 4, 2013
How do you know the man in the car crossed the line?
yep

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 4, 2013
Does Tennessee have any Troopers that actually do their job?
Dump Truck Driver

Morristown, TN

#12 Oct 4, 2013
I was on the scene.The black marks from the dump truck started on the dump trucks side of the line and when the car hit him and riped the front tiré off the truck off it pulled him to the left.Two eye witness said the vw had passed two cars minutes before the wreck happened.The dump truck was behind ŕ blue car that was turning left and when the vw come over the hill and seen the car turning in front of him He swerved to avoid the blue car and hit the dump truck almost head on.
resident

Johnson City, TN

#13 Oct 4, 2013
concerned wrote:
If the speed limit was lowered, they wouldn't obey it and who's going to enforce it?
A Truck Driver

Greeneville, TN

#14 Oct 4, 2013
Not sure why everyone blames truck drivers. Some do abuse the speed but majority of commercial accidents are caused by 4 wheelers that can't stand following us and have to show their butts to get around or pull out in front of us.
wow

Sylva, NC

#16 Oct 4, 2013
Everyone is talking about how fast the trucks go, what about the cars. I myself drive 45 I have more cars passing me and riding my bumper than a dump truck. Not picking sides because I grew up living beside the sand company, so I knew the man that lost his life and his family plus I drove a truck for several years. So please if you are going to complain about the fast trucks complain about the fast cars also. Look as well how fast yourself and your family drives.
Truck drivers wife

Greeneville, TN

#17 Oct 4, 2013
I have rode many miles with my husband who is an over the road truck driver, and I have seen first hand how people treat these truckers. Cutting them off, pulling out in front if them, getting in front if them then slowing down. It's ridiculous. I say everyone should have a little more respect for these truckers. They can't stop these big riggs on a dime ya know!
wow

Sylva, NC

#19 Oct 4, 2013
VW driver wrote:
I don't know what happened but it sure is nice up here floating around on this cloud and plucking this harp.
Not funny
just me

Greeneville, TN

#20 Oct 4, 2013
the trucks and cars don't obey the speed limit through there like the dumb ass in the greene 4 door suv that went around my son while he was waiting for the red light to turn greene they should patrol the area more out that way
A mom

Loudon, TN

#21 Oct 4, 2013
just me wrote:
the trucks and cars don't obey the speed limit through there like the dumb ass in the greene 4 door suv that went around my son while he was waiting for the red light to turn greene they should patrol the area more out that way
Agreed its just a matter of time before a bus gets hit or a car full of infants. Someone needs to patision and contact TDOS. Or have the county mayor get the ball rolling . Every automobile you pass on that road is way too fast. We all have kids on that road and parents & grandparents who travel it Dailey wheather to school or work or church or grocery store. If they gotta put cameras out there then so be it. If they save 1 life it would be well worth it.
Dont buy that Driver

Loudon, TN

#22 Oct 4, 2013
Dump Truck Driver wrote:
I was on the scene.The black marks from the dump truck started on the dump trucks side of the line and when the car hit him and riped the front tiré off the truck off it pulled him to the left.Two eye witness said the vw had passed two cars minutes before the wreck happened.The dump truck was behind ŕ blue car that was turning left and when the vw come over the hill and seen the car turning in front of him He swerved to avoid the blue car and hit the dump truck almost head on.
I know this man well and I mean well this man that lost his life today, has never I mean never had any kinda citation in his life and he was 70+ yrs old, Do you really think this 70+ yr old man is gonna be coming out this road like a banshy wild Indian flying and passing cars in and outta traffic. A man that his traveled this road all his life. I Dnt. think so driver.
Now on the other hand anything could have happended to Ray at his age,(stroke heart attack sugar dropped blood pressure went too high, who knows only GOD knows. And I hope the driver of the truck is fine.
zoom

San Francisco, CA

#23 Oct 4, 2013
I'm sure everyone would like to see that stretch of road watched more closely but unfortunately that's not the only road in Greene County. How many deputies and troopers are there to cover all of Greene County during each shift? The individual drivers are the only ones in control of what they do and as long as they speed and drive recklessly, there will be accidents countywide regardless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ROE takes vets pain meds away 2 hr CampCreeper 13
new sheriff says you are to old 3 hr fritz 32
Judge Bailey requests records from DCS? 4 hr oh wow 11
south greene football 4 hr Best11 138
EBOLA didn't happen on the Bush W watch 4 hr perfect 3
***** last post wins ***** 4 hr Head With No Screws 9
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 4 hr Head With No Screws 4,836
lol west greene vs. greeneville 5 hr Jar Head 12
Scintillaire Restaurant 7 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 15
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]