Lynn's restaurant
Old Timer

Greeneville, TN

#21 Mar 7, 2014
wealth monkey wrote:
Scott didn't get that way with drug flights from Mexico as the rumors say ? Who cares speaking for myself I just wish he would brake ranks and pay a living wage we should forgive all then . What you think ?
Does he keep his employees chained to their desk or truck seat, and they are not free to leave and find good paying jobs? If he does shame on him.
huffandpuffers

Johnson City, TN

#22 Mar 7, 2014
cookie wrote:
<quoted text> I call BS on this one. I see all the big and small biz owners in Greeneville rubbing elbows at church on sunday at first Baptist & Asbury. Nearly everyone of em driving around in SUVs, caddies, or other fancy vehicle us peons can afford. giving money to GHS and GMS; over at the Y; Link Hills. Yeah radio shack and staples are closing some stores, but the rich mucky mucks here in G-vegas are more than just fine. Johnson, Gass, Loven, Niswonger, Leonard, Miller, daniels, and on and on. So, I ain't buying this pity party. All you all try to keep out other businesses and restaurants so you don't have to pay higher wages to your workers, cut work hours to nearly part time, then sing the blues. But come the afternoon, weekend, and sundays, you're living the high life at Y, church, and ball games. The problem is one caddie ain't enough. We gotta be able to keep up with the rest of the Greeneville Joneses. Ain't making no money. LOL. cry me a river.
A classic case of wealth envy. I'm sure you have all the answers while your town is going down the toilet the blame will be placed by people like you elsewhere.
cookie

Greeneville, TN

#23 Mar 7, 2014
huffandpuffers wrote:
<quoted text>A classic case of wealth envy. I'm sure you have all the answers while your town is going down the toilet the blame will be placed by people like you elsewhere.
Oh I don't place blame elsewhere. I place blame on the people right here. We have allowed our town to be ruled by the shi*heads forever. I have plenty of wealth, not filthy rich, but enough to do. I am not envious of the turds that have ruined Greeneville, I just choose not to spend my money or support the toilet creating clique that runs things. They do suppress growth. They do suppress wages. They do suppress competition. Look around there puffy. A few years ago Greeneville was much larger and had a brighter future than Morristown, Newport, Jonesborough, or even Elizabethton, the supposed origin of your post. All of these places are now much larger, more forward thinking, and growing. Greeneville is double digit unemployment, dead end because a few have made it that way and fail to listen to any other "answers" as you put it but their own. And we see where that has gotten us.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#24 Mar 8, 2014
Business Owner wrote:
<quoted text>For every Loven, Johnson, or Gass, you have 10 Sheltons, Cutshaws, or Scotts that struggle.
I don't belong or go to Link Hills, although a lot of Greene Countians spend enough per month on cigarettes to pay their dues there. I think it's just a couple hundred dollars a month. Anybody can lease a fancy car for 3-400 a month, so I am not sure that means they are all wealthy. I drive a 10 year old small car.
Some business owners are wealthy, of course, and I am happy for their success. Most of us are not in their league. I go to a little country church that has few assets, so don't judge hundreds of us based on a few who have been able to succeed. You should be happy for them, because it means that the American dream is achievable.
I don't belong to Link Hills because I suck at golf.
Former Member

Greeneville, TN

#25 Mar 8, 2014
Alyagotado wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't belong to Link Hills because I suck at golf.
Then you would fit right in. Most of the members suck at golf.
Ape Allen

Kingsport, TN

#26 Mar 8, 2014
You have to be rude and arrogant t belong to Link Hills CC. One woman here would qualify.
Release

Greeneville, TN

#27 Mar 8, 2014
Link Hills has lost a lot of members in the last few years. They seem to be hurting just as much as everyone else.
Release

Greeneville, TN

#28 Mar 8, 2014
wealth monkey wrote:
Scott didn't get that way with drug flights from Mexico as the rumors say ? Who cares speaking for myself I just wish he would brake ranks and pay a living wage we should forgive all then . What you think ?
I am sure that he pays a competitive wage or he wouldn't have any employees. If he payed more than most places ( which he may?) it still wouldn't be enough more some people.

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#29 Mar 8, 2014
#Some of you want to bash every business in town, then the small businesses

because of you're false allegations and lies. Then we are stuck with AppleBees

businesses.

variety.#Some of you want to bash every business in town, then the small businesses

because of you're false allegations and lies. Then we are stuck with AppleBees

businesses.

variety.

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#30 Mar 8, 2014
We like a variety not just a few choices ! Variety is the spice of life ! Stop being mean bout restaurants ! Then they go out of business and every one of you get on here and complain ' " theirs nowhere to go eat "
Nisw Billions

Johnson City, TN

#31 Mar 8, 2014
Hands off the vast wealth of our town when it comes to the taxes of the few wealthy people we have . Its we little peoples duty to pay for our up keep besides if we were to tax them they might just move and take their low paying jobs with them . But that 10.10 Obama wage nation wide they might have to travel far and wide to escape paying a living wage for work .

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#32 Mar 8, 2014
So how did this end up about the country club? What happened to Lynns Restaurant?
Willy Juice

Johnson City, TN

#33 Mar 8, 2014
Mrs Roberson wrote:
So how did this end up about the country club? What happened to Lynns Restaurant?
They found rat turds and jizz DNA in the food so they shut it down . DNA was Lynn's I hear .
curious

Kingsport, TN

#34 Mar 8, 2014
Willy Juice wrote:
<quoted text>They found rat turds and jizz DNA in the food so they shut it down . DNA was Lynn's I hear .
That was just in the plate of food that you ate.
NAME on buildings wins

Johnson City, TN

#35 Mar 9, 2014
He or she who dies with the name on the most buildings win . We all know who is ahead on that one but if you look at the employees wages as compared to other workers in the area they pay as little as possible and plead poverty . Sure they could take it with them or give it to their cat or well you get the point don't you .
Sally

Calhoun, TN

#36 Mar 9, 2014
What about the Jones greeneville newspaper They are the richest family in greeeneville . do you see them doing anything for greeneville.Except make the newspaper smaller.
Its always been that way

Johnson City, TN

#37 Mar 9, 2014
cookie wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I don't place blame elsewhere. I place blame on the people right here. We have allowed our town to be ruled by the shi*heads forever. I have plenty of wealth, not filthy rich, but enough to do. I am not envious of the turds that have ruined Greeneville, I just choose not to spend my money or support the toilet creating clique that runs things. They do suppress growth. They do suppress wages. They do suppress competition. Look around there puffy. A few years ago Greeneville was much larger and had a brighter future than Morristown, Newport, Jonesborough, or even Elizabethton, the supposed origin of your post. All of these places are now much larger, more forward thinking, and growing. Greeneville is double digit unemployment, dead end because a few have made it that way and fail to listen to any other "answers" as you put it but their own. And we see where that has gotten us.
Change is hard but we can change our voting habits and stay away from the R beside the man when possible .
Tom

Jonesborough, TN

#38 Mar 9, 2014
I wish Lynn the very best. He is a very nice guy and I enjoyed their food.
fries

Hixson, TN

#39 Mar 11, 2014
Gina's opening there soon.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#40 Mar 11, 2014
fries wrote:
Gina's opening there soon.
I bet there is a restaurant in Virginia named Gina's as well. Maybe we should call ours TN Gina's and they can call there's VA Gina's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Houses for rent 13 min Attala 1
joy franklin 28 min bones 11
Busted stealing from CCU. 30 min kelly 5
Why was the critical response team on forest hill 1 hr Thumper 3
Clown sighting in baileyton 1 hr Wtf 2
Affordable daycare 1 hr Melissa1333 9
You know why blacks like basketball? 1 hr Buford 10
drug dealers in moshiem 2 hr falsely accused ... 28
Nolichucky View Golf 9 hr OMG 28
Trump brings Gennifer Flowers to debate 13 hr BOiaF 98