Zak Holt

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Aug 24, 2011
And no they're not from Florida they've lived in cedar creek they're whole life
mdp

United States

#22 Aug 24, 2011
I went to the cave when i was in the 6th grade it was great they told you all the history of the cave and about the devils to its just a rock that hangs down that said was bad luck to touch . . I think about that place all the time wish they would open it back up kids these days need stuff like that hands on experience ya no . . But I think if I had to do it again today I wouldn't make it as far as I did when i was a child but i must say it was amazing and a unforgettable experience
Stretching the truth

Kingsport, TN

#23 Aug 25, 2011
Zak Holt wrote:
It became famous because Andrew Johnson used to walk through it to ensure safety and to have water... He walked through it all the way to Asheville. Sadly most of it is shut off now or to small to navigate through because of that earthquake a few years back
SOunds like a bit of an urban legend. Going 1 mile in a cave is an arduous task. Do we really expect the former president made it 60 miles through a cave? Besides, how would you verify this?

I call poppycock on this tale.
James

Jonesborough, TN

#24 Aug 25, 2011
The previous 2 owners never minded. I dont blame anyone, but it is a darn shame.
I remember

Johnson City, TN

#25 Aug 25, 2011
Scrounger wrote:
We went on a fieldtrip w SCHOOL back in the day and went into the cave.Can you imagine the schools today doin that????
Oh yes I remember those school trips. I loved Cedar Creek. Unfortunately the Cedar Creek Learning Center is closed. So sad.
south greene

United States

#26 Aug 25, 2011
Zak Holt wrote:
And no they're not from Florida they've lived in cedar creek they're whole life
I've been in it once walked in about a mile and turned around I would love to see where it comes out
get real

United States

#28 Jan 24, 2012
your parents own the land on cedar creek cave rd?
Paul

United States

#29 Sep 19, 2012
Zak Holt wrote:
<quoted text> my grandmother owns it now... Prosecuting like the post above you is a bit ridiculous.. However she doesn't normally allow people outside of family or very close relatives to enter.. Mostly due to people sewing or truong to sure to injuries or where people park on the side of the little cedar creek cave road and their vehicles get hit from the blind hill... Because if allowed she supplies supple parking space on her property
Hey zak i was in the area. My grandpa mapped this cave in the 60s he was leader of tri cities cavemen. I would like to visit it. Ill pay to park on the property and show nss(national spelogical society) id and m.e.g and sign a piece of paper. I like cave if i get hurt its my problem i dont sue anyone. If that would be ok. Thanks. My email [email protected] just send me
A message.
trungeto

Raleigh, NC

#30 Sep 25, 2013
I went into Cedar Cave twice as a kid when I went to Cedar Creek School Camp.

One journey we walked about 2 miles straight back and got to a hole where you had to start swimming.

Then on the next journey we walked about a couple miles back to a large cavern where they said the remains of Old Joe's squirrel can be found.

Is there any truth to the story that Old Joe still haunts the area? I even heard a story that Old Joe's brother used to haunt the old general store.
oddly

United States

#31 Oct 17, 2013
Trungeto I also went through the caves with cedar creek group. I can't exactly remember how the story goes but I do remember my foot being stuck to a rock in what was called the carousel. My foot stuck to a flat rock... As we left the cave at the entrance we saw am old man with a Lil boy behind him who proceeded to tell us that he has saw more of this cave than a could ever imagine

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32 Oct 17, 2013
I've been in it all the way to where the water was neck deep and getting deeper so we gave up and turned around.
Rumor

Johnson City, TN

#33 Oct 17, 2013
I heard there is a cave behind the plumbing shop on McKee street. Anyone know if there is truth to that?

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#34 Oct 18, 2013
I had sex in that cave many years ago. True story. It wasn't with a ghost though.

Greeneville TN

#35 Oct 18, 2013
And it wasn't with Old Joe OR his squirrel!
neighbor

United States

#36 Oct 18, 2013
Rumor wrote:
I heard there is a cave behind the plumbing shop on McKee street. Anyone know if there is truth to that?
It has a steel plate over it. There are civil war soldiers buried in it.
jesco

Bristol, TN

#37 Oct 18, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
I had sex in that cave many years ago. True story. It wasn't with a ghost though.
So that was you? Everybody in Cedar Creek heard all about it too, including me.

True story. lol

Greeneville TN

#38 Oct 18, 2013
jesco wrote:
<quoted text>
So that was you? Everybody in Cedar Creek heard all about it too, including me.
True story. lol
so it was you, huh? You were pretty good as I remember.
jesco

Bristol, TN

#39 Oct 18, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
<quoted text>so it was you, huh? You were pretty good as I remember.
Thanks! I have been rated from "pretty good" to "OMG" now. As I remember you were pretty good yourself..."wink".
gonzo

Sevierville, TN

#40 Feb 27, 2014
it isnt anywhere near three and a half miles either I have been to the back a dozen times looking for a way through because it is rumored to come out in hot springs nc but there is no way through. it is 2887 feet to the back as the water flows. landowner will prosicute though and so will tn wildlife because of the species that are endagered in this cave.
lol

Marion, NC

#41 Feb 27, 2014
Gotta love life today....not.....its all not laws and making a buck....went there when I was in school.....wish my child could go there but society is nothing like it used to be and its sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zipping Along 22 min CuriosityClock 2
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr BellaLinda 9,541
Steven dunbar 1 hr Really 8
Crazy thing about twitch 2 hr Mean Muggin 1
Hot men and women at LMR 2 hr BRD 8
RU willing 2 hr been there done it 2
Why are liberals so weak and feminine? 2 hr Mean Muggin 37
Tampons 3 hr Mean Muggin 103
More from around the web

Personal Finance