FoxNews-Greeneville Sun
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just saying

Mohawk, TN

#2 Jun 5, 2014
Sun Reader wrote:
In the spirit of Fox News the Greeneville Sun has made on the front page headline story a statement which is totally erroneous and inflammatory. It says Brian Bragdon is "the first openly gay alderman in Greeneville." There is absolutely no proof to this statement, it is simply something the Sun has chosen to say knowing gullible readers will take it in as truth in the same way Fox News does. If you doubt ask the Greeneville Sun to produce the evidence showing this statement to be accurate.
Even if he was openly gay, why did the sun have to mention that. Did they mention that other politicians were openly heterosexual?. I don't know him personally & I don't recall him ever mentioning that he was, don't really care. I just don't know why it was mentioned as if it was going to make a difference on how he does his job
Government Cheese

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jun 5, 2014
I have to agree, what the hell difference does it make. I assure you there are lots of public figures out there still in the closet. This is reason #416 why I don't subscribe to that bird cage liner.
ralf

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jun 5, 2014
Greeneville Sun also says Steve burns is God.
Rye Teng Onzawal

Greeneville, TN

#7 Jun 5, 2014
Oldster wrote:
Seem to recall a sheriff in Greene County who was openly Gay, don't remember the Sun ever mentioning it but everyone knew it and he didn't try to hide it. Did the Sun really go back and research all the aldermen who have served in Greeneville to see if they were openly Gay, don't think so. Daryl Bryan is gone, Brian has to be an improvement.
The key word here is "openly."
Larry

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jun 5, 2014
I care if he is gay or not. I will never vote for a gay person for ANY office.
Long John

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jun 5, 2014
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
A person cannot help being retarded, in most cases.
A person cannot help being gay, or lesbian, or black.
A person CAN refuse to be a homophobic idiot, however.
It is a shame that you don't resist being that way.
How do you know that if a person is born with a strong attraction to the opposite sex, that he is not also born with a strong aversion to people who are attracted to their same sex? Maybe what you call homophobes are born that way. Would you want them to be in conflict with their natural proclivities?
Dupree

Kingsport, TN

#13 Jun 5, 2014
Sun Reader wrote:
In the spirit of Fox News the Greeneville Sun has made on the front page headline story a statement which is totally erroneous and inflammatory. It says Brian Bragdon is "the first openly gay alderman in Greeneville." There is absolutely no proof to this statement, it is simply something the Sun has chosen to say knowing gullible readers will take it in as truth in the same way Fox News does. If you doubt ask the Greeneville Sun to produce the evidence showing this statement to be accurate.
You obviously haven't looked at his Facebook page. It clearly states MARRIED TO ROBBIE WILLIAM FOSHIE BRAGDON. Brian's middle or maiden name is shown as FOSHIE on there as well.

Now tell me how is it erroneous and inflammatory?
jed clampett

Greeneville, TN

#14 Jun 5, 2014
our forefathers must be rolling over in their graves .
Government Cheese

Greeneville, TN

#17 Jun 5, 2014
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>You certainly do not know much about our forefathers, we are very Victorian compared to their sexual escapades. To start you on your education why not read a little about Jefferson, Paine and Franklin. Just a little tidbit to get you started, Jefferson had sex and children by his wife's sister who happened to be half Black, that is of course Race not Color. And don't even try to quote scripture, those guys did it with their daughters, sisters whoever was available at the time the need arose.
Wow someone who reads history, refreshing. You are so correct, especially about Franklin, he would absolutely screw anything. The dude loved to get his orgy on too. The founders were just like us; human.
what a joke

Loudon, TN

#18 Jun 5, 2014
Yea Brian and his queenie "husband" are trash. They proclaim this n that about being married and they screw anything and everything that'll let em. They're always looking for guys to come over. Why make such a big show about gay marriage when you're not faithful to one another? They give gays such a bad name. Nasty old queens!
Long John

Greeneville, TN

#21 Jun 6, 2014
Analysis wrote:
If Paxton and Bragdon are on one side and Hawk and Wexler are on the other then that puts Daniels in the middle and should make for a nice little Greeneville Sandwich, perhaps a chipped ham sandwich, utterly delicious.
Hawk and Webster, not Wexler. Don't worry, W.T. will always cast the deciding vote by voting with Hawk and Webster.
Couldnt be worse

Greeneville, TN

#22 Jun 6, 2014
This has to be an improvement over what we had, gay or not!
Lonnie

Greeneville, TN

#23 Jun 6, 2014
Couldnt be worse wrote:
This has to be an improvement over what we had, gay or not!
I wouldn't swear that Darrel Bryan wouldn't smoke one if he got the opportunity.
Marge

Anderson, SC

#24 Jun 6, 2014
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if he was openly gay, why did the sun have to mention that. Did they mention that other politicians were openly heterosexual?. I don't know him personally & I don't recall him ever mentioning that he was, don't really care. I just don't know why it was mentioned as if it was going to make a difference on how he does his job
. Why didn't they mention the the aldwrwan that don't believe and likes lots of men?
Marge

Anderson, SC

#25 Jun 6, 2014
Analysis wrote:
If Paxton and Bragdon are on one side and Hawk and Wexler are on the other then that puts Daniels in the middle and should make for a nice little Greeneville Sandwich, perhaps a chipped ham sandwich, utterly delicious.
ugh!!
Marge

Anderson, SC

#26 Jun 6, 2014
Marge wrote:
<quoted text>. Why didn't they mention the the aldwrwan that don't believe and likes lots of men?
. Sorry guys that should have been alderwoman.

Since: Feb 14

Greeneville, TN

#27 Jun 6, 2014
The Liberals and Gays will continue to take over our country. My friends, does this really surprise you?

We ARE in the End Times.

Soon we will be ruled by nothing but Liberals and Gays, who await their Antichrist.
Yep

Greeneville, TN

#30 Jun 7, 2014
Sun Reader wrote:
While I agree, who cares if he is gay, isn't this what the gay community usually pushes for? Just like the NBA player who flames all over the news. I don't think it is a Fox News thing at all, mainstream media runs with these stories. And I thought Brian was openly gay. He is married and has pics of him and his partner on FB. I would have assumed he didn't try to hide the fact he is gay. And like I said, I agree, lame story, but right in line with the huge stories that are made at the national level and ran on every news program out there (not just Fox News)....

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#31 Jun 7, 2014
The day Buddy Hawk is no longer in office will be a good day.
Tiny paper

Greeneville, TN

#32 Jun 7, 2014
Anyone else noticed this rag keeps shrinking in size? Pretty soon we will need magnifiers to read the thing.

Not that we'd miss much if we couldn't read it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where have all the good women gone 22 min easy times 97
NBC and trump 1 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 2
Lack of understanding and intelligence in G'Vegas 1 hr Floyd Hensley 7
Animal lovers 1 hr Found him 8
Poll Josh Duggar on Greeneville Topix is: 3 hr Bingo was his name o 12
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Agnus 8,038
History in Greeneville: 1st flight ticket to De... 9 hr Katie 18
New Wedding Chapel in Greeneville 13 hr Kohlrabi 19
Finally equal rights under the law for all 18 hr Humanist 92
More from around the web