Nolichucky River & USN
run river

Greeneville, TN

#44 Apr 23, 2014
one of a few wrote:
<quoted text>leave religion out of it. Us nitrogen is providing us with excellent jobs you are just jealous that you could not have passed the test. Tell Park to sober up next time maybe her crap will mean something if she is not beligerant.
Can't leave religion out of it.

"Shall we gather at the river,
Where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide forever
Flowing by the throne of God?
Refrain:
Yes, we’ll gather at the river,
The beautiful, the beautiful river;
Gather with the saints at the river
That flows by the throne of God.
On the margin of the river,
Washing up its silver spray,
We will talk and worship ever,
All the happy golden day."
peopleperson

Greeneville, TN

#45 Apr 23, 2014
Sheena wrote:
<quoted text>
Several different people. I'm relatively certain Joy Rader, current register of deeds running for re-election owned a farm out there. Property records are public record if one knows how to look things up! You raised an interesting point ;) I would bet some land owners had no idea what they were selling out to!
Oh wow and here we go. Insiders owned the land. WTF..who would of thought...? Kind of like the land near vo tech that was sold and some wealthy people got wealthier..LMAO This town never ceases to amaze me. Everyone thinks Washington is screwed up....it's just as bad here.
Gunslinger

Greeneville, TN

#46 Apr 23, 2014
peopleperson wrote:
<quoted text> Oh wow and here we go. Insiders owned the land. WTF..who would of thought...? Kind of like the land near vo tech that was sold and some wealthy people got wealthier..LMAO This town never ceases to amaze me. Everyone thinks Washington is screwed up....it's just as bad here.
Yep,rotten from top to bottom. Just like a big,rotten tree; it will fall one day.
one of a few

Seymour, TN

#48 Apr 23, 2014
dry riverbed wrote:
If that much water is taken from the river in summer during drought times it will leave very little water in the channel. The way I understand it,that water is returned to lick creek thru the treatment plant,is that right?
yes the water treated at the sewage plant is returned ti lick creek .USN will nit discharge to lick creek. At the lowest point in the last seven years USN sould only remove .010 of the daily flow,
Hell Yeah

Greeneville, TN

#49 Apr 23, 2014
I didn't lie about anything. I stated real world facts. Park, you lose. NFS is still here and going strong and U.S. Nitrogen will finish building and open for business, Jobs will be provided here and for surrounding counties. I'm in the stone age? Really? It's called progress baby. Some of us actually have to work for a living ya know.
question mark

Kingsport, TN

#50 Apr 24, 2014
concerned wrote:
I was at the meeting last night and was amazed how the community came together. I man running for office stood up and ask why a job of 200 million dollars did not have open bids for the electrical job.. He stated the job was given to a member of the Industrial Developmental Board? Conflict of interest or what? Another woman in Newport stood up and stated that no one has notified anyone on the Nolichucky River of this plan to pump water out or dump ammonium nitrate in the water for the past 3 years. A doctor stood up and said he has been on the water board in Mosheim and he stated that these people are lying to us.. A banker from Newport hit it on the nail when he spoke of who gave USN approval to go ahead and spend 30 million without first getting water permits. He said that as a banker he has never known of a business operating this way without having all the permits needed first. I guess TDEC and IDB thinks the community is to dumb to notice what they have been up too... I hope the Sunshine lawsuit kicks IDBs ass .. You are not as slick as you want to be ... SO much corruption in Greeneville... kickbacks, secret meeting, breaking the federal laws, all for 80 freaking jobs ...the population in Greene County is what 50-60 thousand....GO HOME USN >>>GO BLOW UP SOME OTHER CITY ***
"these people are lying to us..." did the water board doc. really use the word "lie"? Sorry to be late with my question, it's been a week since the meeting, but did he say U.S. Nitrogen is lying? About what exactly? Have any of the water board officials confirmed what he said?
The water supply source story has changed since the project was announced and it's very difficult to discover the reasons why, other than a vague "circumstances have changed" put forth by the GC Partnership and US Nitro. Did the doc. give any explanation for his thinking?
been fooled

Greeneville, TN

#52 Apr 25, 2014
question mark wrote:
<quoted text>
"these people are lying to us..." did the water board doc. really use the word "lie"? Sorry to be late with my question, it's been a week since the meeting, but did he say U.S. Nitrogen is lying? About what exactly? Have any of the water board officials confirmed what he said?
The water supply source story has changed since the project was announced and it's very difficult to discover the reasons why, other than a vague "circumstances have changed" put forth by the GC Partnership and US Nitro. Did the doc. give any explanation for his thinking?
US NItrogen did lie.
Poster

United States

#53 Apr 25, 2014
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, what about the 3 rd time ?
ship of fools

Kingsport, TN

#54 Apr 25, 2014
been fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
US NItrogen did lie.
please explain in detail. please tell the truth.
blumas nh lee

Kingsport, TN

#55 Apr 27, 2014
peopleperson wrote:
<quoted text> Oh wow and here we go. Insiders owned the land. WTF..who would of thought...? Kind of like the land near vo tech that was sold and some wealthy people got wealthier..LMAO This town never ceases to amaze me. Everyone thinks Washington is screwed up....it's just as bad here.
Online petition against the US Nitrogen-Austin Powder water permits here. Will be sent to TDEC

http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/petiti...
pro us nitrogen

Jonesborough, TN

#56 Apr 28, 2014
I think people need to understand exactly what they are talking about. This issue with USN has been going on since they started the project. First of all, they have enough money to build their own water plant should they need to. The plant is not going to blow up. They are only producing one part needed. People who are so under educated and don't know what they are talking about amaze me. This place has not only provided many construction jobs to locals, but will employ 300 before it is all said and done. People from Mosheim and Greeneville need to realize change is coming and it is producing jobs and help for those who are unemployed. Secondly, Greeneville people need to learn to work and not sit at home and draw unemployment. I have to travel over 2 hours a day to get to work, but I work. These lazy people from my hometown drive me nuts. US Nitrogen is here to stay, so just get used to it. There is a lot of misinformation out there, so people need to become educated beofe speaking about something they don't understand in the first place.
Ray

Greeneville, TN

#57 Apr 28, 2014
pro us nitrogen wrote:
I think people need to understand exactly what they are talking about. This issue with USN has been going on since they started the project. First of all, they have enough money to build their own water plant should they need to. The plant is not going to blow up. They are only producing one part needed. People who are so under educated and don't know what they are talking about amaze me. This place has not only provided many construction jobs to locals, but will employ 300 before it is all said and done. People from Mosheim and Greeneville need to realize change is coming and it is producing jobs and help for those who are unemployed. Secondly, Greeneville people need to learn to work and not sit at home and draw unemployment. I have to travel over 2 hours a day to get to work, but I work. These lazy people from my hometown drive me nuts. US Nitrogen is here to stay, so just get used to it. There is a lot of misinformation out there, so people need to become educated beofe speaking about something they don't understand in the first place.
If anyone needs to be educated it's you. Are you aware that us nitrogen wants to withdraw over 2 million gallons of water a day from the nolichuckey river and THEN discharge ammonia back in the river. Wake up!
Connie

Johnson City, TN

#58 May 1, 2014
Over 3000 has signed this petition against USN tapping the Nolichucky ..
A 30 day extension was given yesterday by TDEC before they will make a decision on the permits because of the write in letters and 3 petitions floating to stop this.... Cocke County, Hamblin and Greene plus the world has united to stop this mess... copy and paste this link and help your community... Thank you
FREE WILLIE

Greeneville, TN

#59 May 1, 2014
Connie wrote:
Over 3000 has signed this petition against USN tapping the Nolichucky ..
A 30 day extension was given yesterday by TDEC before they will make a decision on the permits because of the write in letters and 3 petitions floating to stop this.... Cocke County, Hamblin and Greene plus the world has united to stop this mess... copy and paste this link and help your community... Thank you
Great news! If I were Tom Ferguson, I would start looking for a new job. He and Alan Broyles are the ones who are to blame. I have no doubt that they told US nitrogen they would have no problems drawing and discharging water in the river. No company of that size would not make that kind of investment unless they knew for sure they would be able to do so. The people have spoken.
Connie

Johnson City, TN

#60 May 1, 2014
Free Willie ..Help us out .. make your voice be heard... copy and paste this like and sign this petition .. it only take a second... If you have a facebook account please get family and friends involved..
FREE WILLIE

Greeneville, TN

#61 May 1, 2014
Connie wrote:
Free Willie ..Help us out .. make your voice be heard... copy and paste this like and sign this petition .. it only take a second... If you have a facebook account please get family and friends involved..
I have signed the petition and encourage everybody who wants to protect the river to do the same.
Connie

Johnson City, TN

#62 May 1, 2014
Thank you ... I cannot believe that Cocke County or Hamblen County had not heard about this .. Those people were pissed at the Nolichucky rally
Go to facebook and search SAVE THE NOLICHUCKY and all information is posted there... permits and all... thank you again
uknow

Antioch, TN

#63 May 1, 2014
dry riverbed wrote:
If that much water is taken from the river in summer during drought times it will leave very little water in the channel. The way I understand it,that water is returned to lick creek thru the treatment plant,is that right?
uh no ....Lord willing and water don't rise it's being dumped in Rockford today
high cost of truthiness

Kingsport, TN

#64 Jun 12, 2014
been fooled wrote:
<quoted text>
US NItrogen did lie.
so you build a pipeline to save on the water bill, but what about that natural gas bill? maybe US Nitro and the business friendly Industrial Development Board can take up fracking in Greene County to pay the high cost of natural gas...lots of shale out that way isn't there....and fracking does require lots of water, big time...

it doesn't matter if they (US Nitro) lie or not---what matters is that the IDB and TDEC will agree with them no matter what their request--and to remind yourself of the powers that be, go to the GC partnership page and read thru the names of the Industrial Development Board--lovely fellows all---growing greene my ass---oh I forget---green is the color of money

(nitro groundbreaking day info from da sun:)
“The company will purchase massive amounts of electricity, water and natural gas:
* an estimated $18 million annually in natural gas;
* an estimated $5 million annually in electricity; and
* an estimated $1 million annually in water.

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#65 Jun 12, 2014
run river wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't leave religion out of it.
"Shall we gather at the river,
Where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide forever
Flowing by the throne of God?
Refrain:
Yes, we’ll gather at the river,
The beautiful, the beautiful river;
Gather with the saints at the river
That flows by the throne of God.
On the margin of the river,
Washing up its silver spray,
We will talk and worship ever,
All the happy golden day."
That's just beautiful & true :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
karen black at dtr (Oct '15) 1 hr 82745mvp 21
christy starnes arrested? 1 hr 82745mvp 4
Jack Setser is missing 1 hr 82745mvp 98
Wreck on Erwin hwy last night? 1 hr 82745mvp 7
tiptons 1 hr sam 1
Tommy Nelson escaped from jail, anyone know any... 1 hr doo 76
Why do you go to church? 2 hr Ray 59
Phat Cafe ..... Park Overall 3 hr Whattttt 41
Jewish haters 8 hr Really 37

Greeneville Jobs