Food City on Snapps Ferry

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

shopper

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2013
What has happened to that store? It seems everytime you go in there everybody is so rude. Does anybody know when the new store opens?
Claudette

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jan 26, 2013
shopper wrote:
What has happened to that store? It seems everytime you go in there everybody is so rude. Does anybody know when the new store opens?
Open stock.
Downtowner

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jan 26, 2013
I think they have "dumb downed" that store... no higher priced items any longer... "only what sells", said a staff member when asked about why no selection. This 5 for $19.99 is really a bait/switch for EBT people... come'on Food City, not everybody in Greeneville wants discount items. I asked about why no trout filets in seafood department - they said "nobody eats trout - they like catfish...", yet the other Food City on Asheville Highway will occasionally have trout. When the new store opens they should close this one. Otherwise the only reason to keep open is for the high profit gas station next door.
groovey girl 37745

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jan 26, 2013
bull crap they are awesome at that food city
Poppies

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 26, 2013
They are always very friendly and helpful. Never had a problem with this store. Maybe all in how you look at it.
Interested

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jan 26, 2013
I think they should terminate all the high school kids as they are friggen rude.

“Many have died”

Since: Dec 12

On the road to peace

#7 Jan 26, 2013
Downtowner wrote:
I think they have "dumb downed" that store... no higher priced items any longer... "only what sells", said a staff member when asked about why no selection. This 5 for $19.99 is really a bait/switch for EBT people... come'on Food City, not everybody in Greeneville wants discount items. I asked about why no trout filets in seafood department - they said "nobody eats trout - they like catfish...", yet the other Food City on Asheville Highway will occasionally have trout. When the new store opens they should close this one. Otherwise the only reason to keep open is for the high profit gas station next door.
Only keeping what sells is called running a smart business... Businesses do not make money on items that don't sell well, especially when it come perishable items like food... maybe you should try opening a business that sells caviar and champagne in a bologna and beer market and see how long you stay in business...
Cafe Mama

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Does anyone know if you can special order items at Food City? I couldn't find any mincemeat pie filling anywhere in Greeneville at Christmas. I thought about asking if they could special order it, but, but it was just a few days before Christmas, so I didn't.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Cafe Mama wrote:
Does anyone know if you can special order items at Food City? I couldn't find any mincemeat pie filling anywhere in Greeneville at Christmas. I thought about asking if they could special order it, but, but it was just a few days before Christmas, so I didn't.
I would guess there would be a minimum order size if you can. Generally the store would be left with the extras if you only want one jar. It's pretty easy to make home made filling if you have a meat grinder attachment for a blender.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Downtowner wrote:
Most of the items in the 5 for $19.99 are items that the sell individually. When the get close to expiration they pack them into a multipack and put it in there. Check the dates on all of it. They are clearing out food that is still good but only for another week or two. None of it has to do with EBT people. It's about clearing stock. Same with the vegetables.
bozo palace

Nolensville, TN

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Food City has the highest prices in town.
gravel

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jan 27, 2013
bozo palace wrote:
Food City has the highest prices in town.
I thought the same thing until I went to Ingles.

Stanley, NC

#13 Jan 27, 2013
My only complaint about them is you have to be extremely careful to check every product for it being out of date.(Sigh, yes my food even has date problems! Lol) I have purchased many things which were months or even a year out of date if I was too busy to check or simply forgot.

Stanley, NC

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Nita Mann wrote:
My only complaint about them is you have to be extremely careful to check every product for it being out of date.(Sigh, yes my food even has date problems! Lol) I have purchased many things which were months or even a year out of date if I was too busy to check or simply forgot.
I should also add that management will take back these products even when I did not always have the receipt. It's just a pain to return & repurchase.
2Cold

United States

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Only Thing Dates Really Matter On Is Meats And Dairy Foods. Stuff Stays Good Way Passed What The Dates Are .
happy to shop there

Johnson City, TN

#16 Jan 27, 2013
I go to Food City all of the time,they have been so helpful,I have trouble walking,and I go to the Food City on the Asheville Hwy.and I call into the store when I get there and they bring a scooter out to my car so I can do my on shopping,That might not be much for the people that have no trouble walking,but it means the world to me.Thank You,to the staff of Food City.

Stanley, NC

#17 Jan 27, 2013
2Cold wrote:
Only Thing Dates Really Matter On Is Meats And Dairy Foods. Stuff Stays Good Way Passed What The Dates Are .
To some extent, canned foods are still good. Many perishable items such as flour, baking powder & other similar goods are not good after the date. Certain products with oils break down also.
Hey

Saint Petersburg, FL

#18 Jan 27, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Only keeping what sells is called running a smart business... Businesses do not make money on items that don't sell well, especially when it come perishable items like food... maybe you should try opening a business that sells caviar and champagne in a bologna and beer market and see how long you stay in business...
I agree with you, which is why I drive to Johnson City to Earth Fare or Fresh Market or go to GreenLife in Asheville. Good City now carries a VERY limited selection and in some cases, only their private label brand (Food Club). I rarely shop there any more, but to your point, understand stocking the store to the Greeneville demographic.
summer

Albemarle, NC

#19 Jan 28, 2013
happy to shop there wrote:
I go to Food City all of the time,they have been so helpful,I have trouble walking,and I go to the Food City on the Asheville Hwy.and I call into the store when I get there and they bring a scooter out to my car so I can do my on shopping,That might not be much for the people that have no trouble walking,but it means the world to me.Thank You,to the staff of Food City.
Asheville hwy store is great. People are very friendly and always willing to help. The one on snapps ferry has stuck up managers ..they act too good to help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crystal jean austin hyde (Oct '11) 20 min ookkkk 18
Poll Ever eat boogers when U hungree? 25 min weirdos go away 4
crystal mcinturff 1 hr ookkkk 3
Poll Ever past out n a yourinal? 2 hr Guy 4
MORE POOR driving (posts already flattened) 3 hr curious 5
Sorry beardies - your beards are infested 3 hr whothehellcares- 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr curious 7,809
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE