suboxone clinic opens in baileyton

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
JMC

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Mar 8, 2014
Last year at this time the Mayor of Baileyton and his board of Aldermen passed a proposition to keep drug clinics out of Baileyton. It said that no one can put a Pain Clinic or Methodone Clinic within 1000 ft of a school, a church, a pharmacy, residential area etc....well, now we have one. It is right next to 2 churches and.under several apartments with children. This past Thursday the Suboxone Clinic opened in Baileyton and now the Mayor says he can not make them leave. So far not a lot of people know about it...It was only open the one day.
There is going to be a Town Hall Meeting March 12....come express your views. Let's let the powers that be know how we feel about it and remind them that there is an election coming up. If they won't work for us....we'll get someone who will.

“Just me.....”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 8, 2014
Suboxone clinic is not the same as a pain clinic or methadone clinic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bob

Greeneville, TN

#3 Mar 10, 2014
That's all this town needs is a bunch of pill Billy's to teach our kids how to snort a Roxie!

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#4 Mar 10, 2014
Bob wrote:
That's all this town needs is a bunch of pill Billy's to teach our kids how to snort a Roxie!
What does a suboxone clinic have to do with snorting roxies? Clinics like this do not dispense any pain meds but those designed to help people get off opiates. If it was a pain management facility then yes you would have reason to be concerned.
tom

Johnson City, TN

#6 Mar 10, 2014
THE point the TOWNS people VOTED NO... the town government had no right to go against towns wishes. especially when we are the people who votes them in....surely they not that stupid! they had to issue a business permit,who ever did so is GONE... the town made it clear we didn't want this.... elections are coming up...we going say by by to a few, which should be brought up on charges....
tom

Johnson City, TN

#7 Mar 10, 2014
WE need NEW Alderman and Mayor In Baileyton apparently ones who care about the community and our kids!!!

Greeneville TN

#8 Mar 10, 2014
Long Gone wrote:
A suboxone clinic is just trading one drug, roxies, for another. Whats the difference in it and a pain clinic?
For a person that is not serious about getting clean that could be true. Although you have to work a lot harder to get a buzz from suboxone than you do roxies. But the idea that a suboxone clinic is going to lead to a drug problem is wrong. A lot of people get addicted to pills BECAUSE of pain clinics that dispense like candy. Nobody becomes a drug addict at a suboxone clinic.
Awesome O

Kingsport, TN

#9 Mar 11, 2014
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
For a person that is not serious about getting clean that could be true. Although you have to work a lot harder to get a buzz from suboxone than you do roxies. But the idea that a suboxone clinic is going to lead to a drug problem is wrong. A lot of people get addicted to pills BECAUSE of pain clinics that dispense like candy. Nobody becomes a drug addict at a suboxone clinic.
I know several druggies who suboxone is there drug of choice
Release

Greeneville, TN

#10 Mar 11, 2014
Awesome O wrote:
<quoted text>
True that.
crazy

Greer, SC

#11 Mar 11, 2014
If it wasn't a drug clinic there wouldn't be cars from all over the place like fl, nc, al... there wouldn't be an arm guard on duty!! Everyone should show up at the town hall meeting on the 12th and let them no that this is not ok!!!!
Good Olboy

United States

#12 Mar 11, 2014
We don't need any of them fancy places in Greene County we have enough bath salts , meth, and liquor to keep every body as high and broke and homeless as they want to be.

Greeneville TN

#13 Mar 11, 2014
Awesome O wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I. My point was that most don't start on suboxone. They already have a problem when they get to suboxone. Believe I realize there are people that abuse suboxone. My original point was that the sub clinic will lead to "pill billies showing our kids how to snort a Roxie." Those people are already out there.

“Just me.....”

Location hidden

#14 Mar 11, 2014
Why don't everyone who is complaining go to your doctor and tell him or her to stop tossing out pain pills like it's candy. That right there is where the pill problem begins. Some, not all doctors will prescribe a pain pill for getting stitches, for strep throat, for a tooth pulled. Let people deal with pain in another way than offering them a drug that will get them addicted.

“Just me.....”

Location hidden

#15 Mar 11, 2014
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I. My point was that most don't start on suboxone. They already have a problem when they get to suboxone. Believe I realize there are people that abuse suboxone. My original point was that the sub clinic will lead to "pill billies showing our kids how to snort a Roxie." Those people are already out there.
I agree...uniformed, unwilling to research, judgmental...that type people won't open their eyes to see that YOUR COMMUNITY HAS A DRUG PROBLEM NOW!! The clinic didn't bring them, THEY brought the clinic. On another note, if the town voted no on having a Suboxone clinic there, then it was wrong tho do so no matter the vote. I hadn't heard that it was voted on and done any way till a few posts up.

Greeneville TN

#16 Mar 11, 2014
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree...uniformed, unwilling to research, judgmental...that type people won't open their eyes to see that YOUR COMMUNITY HAS A DRUG PROBLEM NOW!! The clinic didn't bring them, THEY brought the clinic. On another note, if the town voted no on having a Suboxone clinic there, then it was wrong tho do so no matter the vote. I hadn't heard that it was voted on and done any way till a few posts up.
I'm not familiar with what happened during the vote but the anger should be directed at the officials if they went against the vote. On paper a suboxone clinic is a good thing. But when it is abused there can be problems.
concerned

Johnson City, TN

#18 Mar 11, 2014
My main concern is for the safety of the folks and businesses in this community. If these "clinic patients" don't have the money to pay for their "dr. appointments" or for the meds they are prescribed, then we must worry about getting robbed, or worse. We can't even get a grocery store in this small town. MORE CRIME IS SURE TO OCCUR NOW! Whomever voted this clinic "in" let's vote those people OUT!!

“Just me.....”

Location hidden

#19 Mar 11, 2014
concerned wrote:
My main concern is for the safety of the folks and businesses in this community. If these "clinic patients" don't have the money to pay for their "dr. appointments" or for the meds they are prescribed, then we must worry about getting robbed, or worse. We can't even get a grocery store in this small town. MORE CRIME IS SURE TO OCCUR NOW! Whomever voted this clinic "in" let's vote those people OUT!!
You're comment makes no sense to me. There are drug addicts in your community. You and your neighbors and businesses are apt to be robbed on any day or any night. If those addicts don't have enough money to get more drug of choice it's possible they will resort to robbing. This clinic is not bringing the addicts to your community..they already live there. Open your eyes.
Huh

Greeneville, TN

#20 Mar 11, 2014
Melissa1333 wrote:
<quoted text> You're comment makes no sense to me. There are drug addicts in your community. You and your neighbors and businesses are apt to be robbed on any day or any night. If those addicts don't have enough money to get more drug of choice it's possible they will resort to robbing. This clinic is not bringing the addicts to your community..they already live there. Open your eyes.
I thought that a news story stated that there were several cars with out of county and out of state tags in the parking lot when it opened. That sounds like the clinic IS bringing addicts to the person's community.
Bill

United States

#21 Mar 11, 2014
It's Just amazes me how much people judge and draw conclusions to things they know very little about . The Doctor and counselor that head this facility are both Christians . They care. They are trying to do something to help. They are there to help eliminate drug addicts by helping them. Not just pretending they don't exist. Your children and businesses and schools are in far more danger without a place like this . Open your eyes. I know for certain there are absolutely NO drugs on the premises.Patients are randomly drug tested. Eliminate this place and it will do absolutely nothing to decrease the epidemic abuse of opiates and heroin. In fact it will increase. If some of the people spouting the most negativity knew how ignorant some of their statements were they would , hopefully, be embarrassed and ashamed. Do yourself a favor pray to God that drug addiction doesn't claim your sons and daughters and loved ones . If you think it can't your insane. If it does you will he grateful that someone cares enough to try and help.

“Just me.....”

Location hidden

#22 Mar 11, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that a news story stated that there were several cars with out of county and out of state tags in the parking lot when it opened. That sounds like the clinic IS bringing addicts to the person's community.
You're correct it did. Yes, patients out of other counties and/or states will show up. But....there are still gonna be people from the community listed as patients also. If a person lined up 10 random adults, from different races, income bracket and sex you would be surprised at how many of those 10 random people are an addict of some kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
miranda church 26 min GiveHerAbroom 8
Wreck on Erwin hwy 1 hr REALLY 29
wheel tax 1 hr Wheeler 132
Y U can't here the Preecher on sunday mornin? 1 hr wow 6
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,723
Mrs. Foster 2 hr Interesting 4
Ever have a famly member dispear? 2 hr wow 2
Eddie Jennings 2 hr Landowner 42
***** last post wins ***** 5 hr Kohlrabi 983
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl