First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JuSt Me

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2012
I know someone who is looking for a job and has a past. I am trying to help them out but I'm not sure which places will hire felons. If you could, please help.
Carrie

Little Rock, AR

#2 Feb 17, 2012
JuSt Me wrote:
I know someone who is looking for a job and has a past. I am trying to help them out but I'm not sure which places will hire felons. If you could, please help.
Mainly Construction
Gfunk

Irmo, SC

#3 Feb 17, 2012
Sounds a little discriminatory to me
JuSt Me

United States

#4 Feb 17, 2012
It is he has been turned down by a couple temp places. They even called and said they couldnt hire him anywhere because he has a felony. I think its total bullshit.
Gfunk

Irmo, SC

#5 Feb 17, 2012
Was he even questioned about it
rick

Stockbridge, GA

#6 Feb 17, 2012
Tire stores
JuSt Me

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2012
On all of the apps he has filled out they have asked if he is a felon. He answers truthy because most places now will do background checks anyway. Before he even has a chances to show him he has changed and wants to move on with his life they shut him down. All they see is the word FELON and not the true honest and hard working person that he really is.
Anonymous Poster X

United States

#8 Feb 17, 2012
Its a rough job market period so felons and people without a high school education have zero chance.
Gfunk

Irmo, SC

#9 Feb 17, 2012
Leave that question blank and when they question him about it in the interview he can explain it in person rather than them reading it on paper and making their decision before even meeting him. First impressions in person hold more merit than what they will read in an application. Leaving it blank works. Seen it work several times.
JuSt Me

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2012
I'll have him try it. Thanks.
I KNOW

Ashburn, VA

#11 Feb 17, 2012
Construction is the best bet, especially in today's harsh job market. That's what I did 20 odd years ago when I was released. I started as a laborer and then learned a trade. And I have done VERY well. It won't be easy or quick. It will take ALOT of hard work, sacrifice, and determination. He should inquire with the "big outfits" and try to avoid the "mickey mouse" companies. This will require extensive travel (check with parole, if necessary) and lots of OT. I, now, have an awesome permanent job with awesome pay and benefits because I learned a trade, got a college education prior to incarceration, and kept clean and well-bahaved for 20 some years. Try these on the net: Fluor, BE&K, TIC, Kamtech, Triad Electric, Zachary Construction Corp., and IES. Look under craft placement, job listings, and/or employment opportunities. Also, call 1-800-849-4821 for the "Industrial Projects Report" - aka the "hotsheet." Its full of job listings and phone numbers around the country. The magazine used to be $20.00 a copy. It is also on the net and can be downloaded with adobe. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Not here

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2012
I heard some places in texas were hiring...try there
Ben N Carcerated

Smyrna, TN

#14 Feb 19, 2012
Varyvag wrote:
When you find out let me know. Nah, nevermind, I really dont want a job. It would cut into my topix time.
You a felon too?
Charges

Knoxville, TN

#15 Feb 19, 2012
What were the charges against him, how long has it been?
dell

Johnson City, TN

#16 Feb 19, 2012
go to delfasco they hire it all just talk to randy he will put you to work felon or not.
chucho

Houston, TX

#18 Jan 7, 2015
Does Fluor HR hire felons??

Since: Dec 14

Location hidden

#19 Jan 7, 2015
JuSt Me wrote:
I would advice the person to buy one decent outfit that is at least business casual. The person needs to get in the habit of getting up early and asking to speak to the hiring manager. He or she needs to make a professional impression.

Afterwards, I would strongly advice going to school either for a trade or for a higher education.

Since: Dec 14

Location hidden

#20 Jan 7, 2015
advise*
Anonymous

Sweetwater, TN

#21 Jan 8, 2015
z0neCrew wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advice the person to buy one decent outfit that is at least business casual. The person needs to get in the habit of getting up early and asking to speak to the hiring manager. He or she needs to make a professional impression.
Afterwards, I would strongly advice going to school either for a trade or for a higher education.
Good advise.
4422dfg

Greeneville, TN

#22 Jan 10, 2015
JuSt Me wrote:
On all of the apps he has filled out they have asked if he is a felon. He answers truthy because most places now will do background checks anyway. Before he even has a chances to show him he has changed and wants to move on with his life they shut him down. All they see is the word FELON and not the true honest and hard working person that he really is.
It is an employers choice of whom they want to hire,felons or not i have my own company and its my choice of whom i decide to hire,companies have changed to where they have learned from there past mistakes of hiring just any one,there's nothing wrong with a company wanting to hire someone with no criminal background,don't knock the ones that have raised the bar for whom they decide to hire,,myself i have alot invested in my company physically and financially,so it's my choice not to hire someone that doesn't have a clean record,,welcome to the real world,,and how do you know they have changed,is this there first time or have they been in and out of trouble before,like most here in this county!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie Franklin 1 hr Sapphire Queen 3
Harley fann 3 hr haha 9
Waffle House junkies 3 hr Hank 11
chicken fighting 4 hr Travis 2
On and off again wth 4 hr Curious 16
Women who love to try to steal married men. 5 hr Brit 10
Someone get shot around South Greene? 5 hr Kim 5
What are your thoughts on the Iowa Caucus and t... 6 hr Wow 61
Super Bowl Predictions? 16 hr Polymorphism 43
More from around the web