JuSt Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

I know someone who is looking for a job and has a past. I am trying to help them out but I'm not sure which places will hire felons. If you could, please help.
Carrie

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

JuSt Me wrote:
I know someone who is looking for a job and has a past. I am trying to help them out but I'm not sure which places will hire felons. If you could, please help.
Mainly Construction
Gfunk

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Sounds a little discriminatory to me
JuSt Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

It is he has been turned down by a couple temp places. They even called and said they couldnt hire him anywhere because he has a felony. I think its total bullshit.
Gfunk

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Was he even questioned about it
rick

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Tire stores
JuSt Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

On all of the apps he has filled out they have asked if he is a felon. He answers truthy because most places now will do background checks anyway. Before he even has a chances to show him he has changed and wants to move on with his life they shut him down. All they see is the word FELON and not the true honest and hard working person that he really is.
Anonymous Poster X

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Its a rough job market period so felons and people without a high school education have zero chance.
Gfunk

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Leave that question blank and when they question him about it in the interview he can explain it in person rather than them reading it on paper and making their decision before even meeting him. First impressions in person hold more merit than what they will read in an application. Leaving it blank works. Seen it work several times.
JuSt Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

I'll have him try it. Thanks.
I KNOW

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Construction is the best bet, especially in today's harsh job market. That's what I did 20 odd years ago when I was released. I started as a laborer and then learned a trade. And I have done VERY well. It won't be easy or quick. It will take ALOT of hard work, sacrifice, and determination. He should inquire with the "big outfits" and try to avoid the "mickey mouse" companies. This will require extensive travel (check with parole, if necessary) and lots of OT. I, now, have an awesome permanent job with awesome pay and benefits because I learned a trade, got a college education prior to incarceration, and kept clean and well-bahaved for 20 some years. Try these on the net: Fluor, BE&K, TIC, Kamtech, Triad Electric, Zachary Construction Corp., and IES. Look under craft placement, job listings, and/or employment opportunities. Also, call 1-800-849-4821 for the "Industrial Projects Report" - aka the "hotsheet." Its full of job listings and phone numbers around the country. The magazine used to be $20.00 a copy. It is also on the net and can be downloaded with adobe. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Not here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

I heard some places in texas were hiring...try there
Ben N Carcerated

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Varyvag wrote:
When you find out let me know. Nah, nevermind, I really dont want a job. It would cut into my topix time.
You a felon too?
Charges

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

What were the charges against him, how long has it been?
dell

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

go to delfasco they hire it all just talk to randy he will put you to work felon or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greeneville Millitia 4 min cretin56 139
Greeneville TN @ Harlan County KY Sept 26 who ... 23 min Release 2
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 25 min little miss tuffet 144,616
Anybody know this loser 51 min Curious 1
looking for free scrap metal! (Sep '11) 54 min Chad 29
child support (Apr '11) 57 min Chad 30
Bath salt/Gravel/Ice 1 hr Bailey 22
county commission took easy way out 11 hr Really Glad 17
unsupervised child falls & breaks arm 17 hr Momma 28
Debate: Ferguson - Greeneville, TN 18 hr Tank turrent 44

Search the Greeneville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs