vol.fire dept.buying fire trucks for ...

vol.fire dept.buying fire trucks for looks not for the real reasons

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

uknow32

Greeneville, TN

#1 Oct 31, 2013
I was told by another fire dept. that the newest fire truck Tusculum had cant carry a full load of water because when they ordered it they wanted it for looks not for saving lives,burning etc I was told the motor was not big enough to carry the weight I like to know if this is true or false.I think it should be inspected and try it out with a full load and see. LOOKS ANT EVERYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO SAVING A LIFE<BURNING HOME ETC. if this is not true IM SORRY
Pig Farmer

Malang, Indonesia

#2 Oct 31, 2013
All fire, rescue and safety equipment have to comply with certain regulations, guidelines and standards. I've never heard of a fire truck built just for "looks". They're all built with a specific purpose in mind...fighting fires.
Midway, TN

#3 Oct 31, 2013
I don't believe that.
Midway, TN

#4 Oct 31, 2013
location wrote:
I don't believe that.
In reference to what uknow32 posted. Forgot to quote. LOL
EMR

Columbus, IN

#5 Oct 31, 2013
That's exactly right! We gotta look good and have nice toys.
hey

Greeneville, TN

#6 Nov 1, 2013
Hey feel free to stop in Monday evening look around an check out the equipment an see for yourself !
wow

Greeneville, TN

#7 Nov 1, 2013
uknow32 wrote:
I was told by another fire dept. that the newest fire truck Tusculum had cant carry a full load of water because when they ordered it they wanted it for looks not for saving lives,burning etc I was told the motor was not big enough to carry the weight I like to know if this is true or false.I think it should be inspected and try it out with a full load and see. LOOKS ANT EVERYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO SAVING A LIFE<BURNING HOME ETC. if this is not true IM SORRY
totally not true,you really believe everything you hear,why wouldn't you go to tusculum to see if its true rather then post some weird thing like that to start some shit that ain't true ,and to think you would actually be worried about that,if your worried about saving lives and burning houses go join them...
WOW SOME PEOPLES KIDS ARE IDIOTS!

“I Believe in Me ”

Since: Jan 13

MoTown

#8 Nov 1, 2013
#TusculumWouldOnlyBuyAFireTruc kIfNeedBe
uknow32

Greeneville, TN

#9 Nov 3, 2013
Ive reported it to the state, and location I didnt have to say lol and emr you dont have to look good and have nice toys, and YES Im worried because if my house catches fire I would like to know the truck is loaded or half loaded ,and who ever hey is oh there will be someone droping in" STATE "NOW I CAN SAY LOL LOL LOL. And who ever wow is any one in Tusculum area should be worried,who ever hey is you better fill it up before the state gets there and the truck will be watched very careful for now on to make sure !
heeler in bloodline F

Monroe, NC

#10 Nov 3, 2013
I am the authority when it comes to fire trucks. Speed prevails over water capacity.
Sheep Herder

Pereira Barreto, Brazil

#11 Nov 3, 2013
uknow32 wrote:
Ive reported it to the state, and location I didnt have to say lol and emr you dont have to look good and have nice toys, and YES Im worried because if my house catches fire I would like to know the truck is loaded or half loaded ,and who ever hey is oh there will be someone droping in" STATE "NOW I CAN SAY LOL LOL LOL. And who ever wow is any one in Tusculum area should be worried,who ever hey is you better fill it up before the state gets there and the truck will be watched very careful for now on to make sure !
You're crazy.
gone gone 3

Greeneville, TN

#12 Nov 3, 2013
Im a retired firefighter from California after 35 years service,LOVED IT,You know that whom ever uknow32 is , makes sence.Out in California they are Very Very strict about any fire, fines up to 500.00 for just throwing out cig.butts. One district did order a fire truck ,but wanted it pretty much for looks ,had a american flag all kinds of decals etc,very nice truck,BUT one day got a call about houses on fire, several trucks went BUT the fire marshal noticed that truck was leaveing more than others to get water, and coming to find out the engine was not big enough to carry a full load of water. so make this short and sweat the county got sued after the familys found this out,cheif lost his job they was forched to buy another truck,and now the state orders the trucks . SO it happened.I dont think TN is as strict as cal. thank you for the time , ALL firefigherts be safe out there and THANKS for your service
FYI

Greeneville, TN

#13 Nov 5, 2013
uknow32 wrote:
Just to let you know, I am with a mutual aid dept.and have looked at that truck .it has the most horsepower and carries the more water then any truck in that station. O yea another thing it has the biggest engine you can get in that chassis,(O the ignorance of some people they think they have it figured out, but are clueless),the other thing is if you know any thing about the fire service ,(which obviously you don't) you don't drive a half empty tanker it's dangerous even with baffles, the water movement can roll that truck,and to answer your question not one fd in the county drives a half full tanker, Hope This Answers Your questions, Peace!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 18 min whatimeisit 11,267
iPhone 8 and food stamps 2 hr sabo 2
Michelle Willis Malone 8 hr Mr brownstone 5
Max Planck For Sheriff 9 hr manbutter fingers 750
News Hurley: Tusculum College Must Distinguish Itsel... 9 hr kitkat 27
Tweets 9 hr remove head from ass 46
Uranium One Special Counsel 9 hr Sad Commentary 46
Women to AVOID AT ALL COSTS in Greeneville Thu Youfool 31

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages