Handicapped Parking space ABUSE!!!
hell yeah

Brentwood, TN

#24 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Places like Wal-mart is private property. It's the managers that are responsible for enforcement. Not the police.
youre so wrong, walmart can only call police if they feel someone is parking illegally,thats why we have a code enforcement officer that rides around and issues tickets for parking, how else do you think the fine is 500 bucks, walmart doesnt set price the police do, if walmart set the pricew it would be in YEN not dollars
Officer L

Abingdon, VA

#25 Jan 17, 2012
Wal-Mart is considered a public vehicular area just like any public street or highway. Police do NOT have to be called by any store Manager in order to write a violation.
hell yeah

Brentwood, TN

#26 Jan 17, 2012
Officer L wrote:
Wal-Mart is considered a public vehicular area just like any public street or highway. Police do NOT have to be called by any store Manager in order to write a violation.
a manager is not a sworn official of government and cannot write a ticket, it would be unenforceable in court thats why the state passes laws governing parking..........ever seen a manager with a ticket book

“Law Doggy”

Since: Sep 11

New York, NY

#27 Jan 17, 2012
hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>youre so wrong, walmart can only call police if they feel someone is parking illegally,thats why we have a code enforcement officer that rides around and issues tickets for parking, how else do you think the fine is 500 bucks, walmart doesnt set price the police do, if walmart set the pricew it would be in YEN not dollars
You can enforce your own property via parking citations, regardless of what the police do. Wal-mart will only call the police in the event that there is an issue, which is what I said, dumbass.

So, to clarify, you are telling me that a private property owner, such as Wal-mart, cannot issue private vehicle citations? A property owner has the responsibility to enforce parking on his or her location of buisness unless that parking spot or space is designated own a public street or area.

I suggest you go Google, Sherlock. I do this for a living.

“Law Doggy”

New York, NY

#28 Jan 17, 2012
Officer L wrote:
Incorrect. It's a private area where the public is entitled to its uses. Just like a hospital.

“Law Doggy”

New York, NY

#29 Jan 17, 2012
hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>a manager is not a sworn official of government and cannot write a ticket, it would be unenforceable in court thats why the state passes laws governing parking..........ever seen a manager with a ticket book
Neither are security guards at a hospital. They write citations all the time. Some carry fines, some do not.

These are private citations, not public.

Do you really wish to challenge me with this?
hell yeah

Brentwood, TN

#30 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
You can enforce your own property via parking citations, regardless of what the police do. Wal-mart will only call the police in the event that there is an issue, which is what I said, dumbass.
So, to clarify, you are telling me that a private property owner, such as Wal-mart, cannot issue private vehicle citations? A property owner has the responsibility to enforce parking on his or her location of buisness unless that parking spot or space is designated own a public street or area.
im retired from the sgeriffs dept and no a private citizen cannot write a ticket, he has to call police to report parking issues at his store..........a citizen doesnt write,pass or enforce laws, government does. and it is obvious you arent in law enforcement because youre making an ass out of yourself, that is unless you are a uneducated cop that cant read the law and inforce it
hell yeah

Brentwood, TN

#31 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are security guards at a hospital. They write citations all the time. Some carry fines, some do not.
These are private citations, not public.
Do you really wish to challenge me with this?
i wish you would write be a ticket and i would let the town know just how dumb you are,if you had the power to write tickets as you say then that would be inpersonating a police officer which is a felony.......bye jailbait
been there

Hendersonville, TN

#32 Jan 17, 2012
hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>im retired from the sgeriffs dept and no a private citizen cannot write a ticket, he has to call police to report parking issues at his store..........a citizen doesnt write,pass or enforce laws, government does. and it is obvious you arent in law enforcement because youre making an ass out of yourself, that is unless you are a uneducated cop that cant read the law and inforce it
u are wrong, security guards can write private citations, schools and hospitals do this all the time. security guards for example enforce laws as well, dummy
thejudge

Antioch, TN

#33 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
.You Google for a living? I know you didn't mean you wrote tickets on private property for a living

“Law Doggy”

New York, NY

#34 Jan 17, 2012
hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>i wish you would write be a ticket and i would let the town know just how dumb you are,if you had the power to write tickets as you say then that would be inpersonating a police officer which is a felony.......bye jailbait
You are simply clueless to the point that it's pathetic.

A certain hospital in the area issues parking citations. These citations do not impose a fine, but the information of the vehicle is recorded and can be used for towing purposes.

These are not the only case where this happens.

“Law Doggy”

New York, NY

#35 Jan 17, 2012
hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>im retired from the sgeriffs dept and no a private citizen cannot write a ticket, he has to call police to report parking issues at his store..........a citizen doesnt write,pass or enforce laws, government does. and it is obvious you arent in law enforcement because youre making an ass out of yourself, that is unless you are a uneducated cop that cant read the law and inforce it
You would be incorrect by saying a "citizen cannot enforce laws". I can name examples of where this would be incorrect.

You retired from the Sheriff's department? Doing what? Janitorial services? Clearly your ability to read and write isn't comparable to someone who actually enforces the law.

“Law Doggy”

New York, NY

#36 Jan 17, 2012
thejudge wrote:
<quoted text>.You Google for a living? I know you didn't mean you wrote tickets on private property for a living
I'm experienced in what private property owners can do and not do as it relates to risk, safety, and laws.

“666”

Since: Oct 09

Las Vegas, NV

#37 Jan 17, 2012
hell yeah wrote:
This statement is inaccurate. Security guards can be considered as citizens, who are designated as property and asset protection granted by the owner.

TCA 62-35-102

(16) "Security guard and patrol service" means protection of persons or property, or both, from criminal activities, including, but not limited to:
(A) Prevention or detection, or both, of intrusion, unauthorized entry, larceny, vandalism, abuse, fire or trespass on private property;
(B) Prevention, observation or detection of any unauthorized activity on private property;
(C) Enforcement of rules, regulations or local or state laws on private property;

That alone shows you are the one who is uneducated.

Skipster is correct about private property. An owner can issue "private citations". These are not to be confused with "public citations" as it relates to being written by "meter-maids".

It is the property owners responsibility to enforce rules on their property.

As far as fines go, they "can" impose fines, but it is a civil matter, and under Tennessee law, they cannot go after your credit if you refuse to pay it.

Usually, private property owners big enough to issue these citations, such as hospitals as mentioned in a post, do so as a reminder to people that they have parked illegally. A property owner has every right to enforce their own parking rules, such as handicap areas.
A legal parker

Menasha, WI

#38 Jan 17, 2012
from my understanding, they can issue private tickets to you, but it is just a notice that you have parked illegally. if it becomes a problem, then the owner (or security guard) can call the police to issue a real ticket. they used to do this where i worked, they would write a ticket to an employee (or customers) who parked illegaly, but it would just say that the information was recorded and future violations could result in towing. its frustrating to see the people in handicap parking that park illegally, but cops are busy doing other things and the property owner needs to figure out a way to complain to have them come out and enforce it.
boogerbuns

Yawkey, WV

#39 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. It's a private area where the public is entitled to its uses. Just like a hospital.
I agree Skipster. Have an accident on the WalMart parking lot and 9 times out of 10 the police wont make a report of it. They'll tell you its on a private lot. Report it to your insurance company.
Been there

Fort Campbell, TN

#40 Jan 17, 2012
All shopping malls/strip malls and personal businesses are privately owned. WalMart,Dollar General Market, West Greene Shopping center etc. The police are not required to patrol these lots,nor do they issue citations on these lots even if there is an accident. They are called in only to make a report. The local constables can and will write tickets for illegal parking. The only place local police can enforce the handicapped parking fines is on public roadways/streets in front of businesses. Businesses can post signs, mark parking areas, but only if they personally call law enforcement is law enforcement required to issue a ticket.
PoPo

Nashville, TN

#41 Jan 18, 2012
Law enforcement can and does enforce parking violation on private business lots. Mostly by proxy of a city ordaince. The city police also do traffic crash reports on these lots as a service for the citizen and the insurance companys, they are no required to unless there is injuries in volved or a criminal charge involved. Then they are required. As for handicap parking enforcement this is a complex law, its starts at the fedral level and then to the state and the to jurisdiction. There is several guide lines that are required by all of these to enforce the handicap parking vio. I do enforce them every chance I get. But its just one aspect of the many task that have to deal with while on duty. And yes private citizen can enforce these issue, but its a diiferent procedure and very envovled process.
Ian

Abingdon, VA

#42 Jan 19, 2012
PoPo wrote:
Law enforcement can and does enforce parking violation on private business lots. Mostly by proxy of a city ordaince. The city police also do traffic crash reports on these lots as a service for the citizen and the insurance companys, they are no required to unless there is injuries in volved or a criminal charge involved. Then they are required. As for handicap parking enforcement this is a complex law, its starts at the fedral level and then to the state and the to jurisdiction. There is several guide lines that are required by all of these to enforce the handicap parking vio. I do enforce them every chance I get. But its just one aspect of the many task that have to deal with while on duty. And yes private citizen can enforce these issue, but its a diiferent procedure and very envovled process.
I've never seen it enforced nor have ever heard of anyone cited for this abuse. I think you're FOS buddy boy.
PoPo

Nashville, TN

#43 Jan 19, 2012
LOL! Ian you are one of the types I have to deal with daily. Your verbal joust means nothing to me.You do not follow me every day, so there for you do not know what I do all the time. But if you need confirmation to help you sleep at nite. Citations are a public record and you are welcome to go and all your heart desires! I will make no futher comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl at Foodcity on Snaps Ferry 20 min Volunteer 69 1
Tramp numbers again 27 min Donald J Trump 26
Illegal dreamers 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 32
Fat Trump 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 28
Some new Trump numbers 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 85
Attention anti Trump psychopath. 6 hr Moron 13
People that are going around robbing people? 7 hr Curious 13
Who"s Who on Topix #8 (Preacher Bubba) 7 hr Curious 32
Dogs in grocery stores.. 9 hr True Dat 56
Unsolved Murders / Mysteries / Crimes / Drug R... (Sep '15) 9 hr Shebeenaround 41
why would anybody vote for these flunkies runni... 10 hr True Dat 30

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages