How can we stop this?
Darrell Death

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jan 15, 2012
FAT azzes park in them usually.
Fan

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jan 16, 2012
I often see a car parked in a HC space with the DRIVER sitting in the car, probably waiting for someone. If you drove someone to a store, etc, and let them out at the door , then WHY is it necessary to take up a parking space if you're not getting your lazy behind out of the car anyway??
boot lip

Abingdon, VA

#5 Jan 16, 2012
Police too lazy too enforce it?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 16, 2012
Real handicapped people should park directly behind them and block them in.
Ruth

Abingdon, VA

#8 Jan 16, 2012
Policemen are afraid of the public now.
Fan

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jan 16, 2012
Mr Christian wrote:
Real handicapped people should park directly behind them and block them in.
Good one!
Trump That

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jan 16, 2012
I have a neighbor that is so disabled that his property taxes are forgiven. I ordered u-verse that is new to our area. The installer came out today and said the signal is not good enough, but they put in a special line to the disabled neighbor 1/10 of a mile a way to be able to get u-verse internet, TV, and phone at about $300.00 a month! He also has about a dozen dogs and a brand new Ford Mustang. I am not against helping anyone, but I am tired of working my azz off, and the ones on disability have better than I can get. Just call me selfish... and a little pissed at the whole phone/internet situation...
Dont judge so quickly

Blacksburg, SC

#11 Jan 16, 2012
I am disabled. I hate using the handicapped spots because of the looks I get. Not every disability is visible.
anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jan 16, 2012
what I hate seeing is fatass people in stores riding those sit and shop carts... their only disability is being fat and the walk would do them some good
Bohemian Girl

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Jan 17, 2012
I personally know perfectly capable people who use ALWAYS use their grandmother/mother's hang tag to use the handicap space all the time. I think this is a common practice, when an elderly family member is in a nursing home, or no longer drives, others take the tag for their own use. It is disgraceful, but I don't see how this abuse can be stopped.
James

Elizabethton, TN

#15 Jan 17, 2012
Bohemian Girl wrote:
I personally know perfectly capable people who use ALWAYS use their grandmother/mother's hang tag to use the handicap space all the time. I think this is a common practice, when an elderly family member is in a nursing home, or no longer drives, others take the tag for their own use. It is disgraceful, but I don't see how this abuse can be stopped.
Yes, it can be enforced. The placards are issued to a PERSON, NOT a vehicle. They have serial numbers on them and can be quickly checked just like a tag. Police are just too damn lazy to enforce them.
Patsy

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2012
What's worse is lazy people parking in the fire zone!! The fire zones are there for a reason! Emergency vehicles would be blocked if there was a fire or if a person needed an ambulance!! Why on earth does this town not enforce this??? Start towing these lazy people away!!! I can't even get my cart full of groceries out of the store because people are parked on the ramp!!!
Bohemian Girl

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Jan 17, 2012
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it can be enforced. The placards are issued to a PERSON, NOT a vehicle. They have serial numbers on them and can be quickly checked just like a tag. Police are just too damn lazy to enforce them.
Did not know this, having never personally had a handicap tag. Also, I agree about the fire lanes. The abuse is rampant and absurd. There is no reason that people doing this are not ticketed. Other than catching speeders along the edge of town, I am really not sure what our law enforcement officials spend all their time doing. I know they have never responded to my complaints about speeders in my neighborhood.
James

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Jan 17, 2012
Patsy wrote:
What's worse is lazy people parking in the fire zone!! The fire zones are there for a reason! Emergency vehicles would be blocked if there was a fire or if a person needed an ambulance!! Why on earth does this town not enforce this??? Start towing these lazy people away!!! I can't even get my cart full of groceries out of the store because people are parked on the ramp!!!
Wal-Mart is the worst and Greeneville Police IGNORE THEM!!!!
hurting guy

Elizabethton, TN

#19 Jan 17, 2012
fat pple

“You're failing. ”

Since: Sep 11

Gallup, NM

#20 Jan 17, 2012
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Places like Wal-mart is private property. It's the managers that are responsible for enforcement. Not the police.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#21 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
Places like Wal-mart is private property. It's the managers that are responsible for enforcement. Not the police.
Managers can write traffic citations? I didnt know that.

“You're failing. ”

Since: Sep 11

Gallup, NM

#22 Jan 17, 2012
Shemp Sharpe wrote:
<quoted text>
Managers can write traffic citations? I didnt know that.
No, but they are allowed to write parking violations that may or may not include a fine.

Hospital property is an example of this.

Police don't routinely come and "enforce" parking unless the property owner requests it. City streets, etc. is a different matter.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23 Jan 17, 2012
Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but they are allowed to write parking violations that may or may not include a fine.
Hospital property is an example of this.
Police don't routinely come and "enforce" parking unless the property owner requests it. City streets, etc. is a different matter.
You are the type people I like to call "wrong".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HUFF 2-3 Shift 10 min Kohlrabi 2
Why am I so doggone stupid? 16 min Kohlrabi 10
bosses at ti automotive (Aug '10) 30 min pink 91
gays marrying in 30 states 51 min Kohlrabi 25
OBAMAcare sucks because it ain't free 1 hr Trunketeer 3
CHENEY was he the devils helper ? 1 hr Trunketeer 2
***** last post wins ***** 1 hr Trunketeer 41
Busted ... : ( 2 hr Shebrke 7
new sheriff says you are to old 2 hr Poster 56
lol west greene vs. greeneville 2 hr Not just me 23