inmates working 2 for 1
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
mama bear

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2014
Does anyone have family in jail that are working on a work crew?My son is in jail and is working very hard for his 2 for 1 time.I undersand he is an inmate but i do not agre with the new rules.these boys go out and work up to 16 hours a day and for lunch they are given 4 slices of bread and 2 peices of cheese.I dont fel that is enough.They are not even given anything to drink.They are to drink from a fountain.Im sure not all job sites have fountains.They have to watch others eat and drink while they are very hungry.If they cant have anything from the stret they should at least be given a lunch that can sustain them.Could you work 16 hours on two pieces of cheese90
dave37818

Greeneville, TN

#2 Mar 12, 2014
I have a son that was in Greene County jail. He had to live off of commissary snacks because of the starvation that goes on in that jail. The meals that are served there is ridiculous. I would like to see whoever decides what the inmate eats, have to live off of the food they serve.
Before anyone starts the "they deserve this because they are in jail" crap be thinking about the humane society. The caged animals are fed more than these inmates. Greene County is a joke. From the deputies right on up thru the judges. Just my opinion.
in the know

Johnson City, TN

#3 Mar 12, 2014
First.. They don't work that long.. Work crews only go for 8-10 hrs a day... Trust me, if you ask a inmate whether they would rather sit in the jail or be out all day.. They would stay out.. The county is only required to provide 2 meals a day & not 3.. If inmates are starved to death, then please tell me why most of them have to have bigger clothes brought in because they have gained to much weight to wear the clothes home they were arrested in..
Grassland

Bennettsville, SC

#4 Mar 12, 2014
Seems like a more luxurious lifestyle in jail would encourage bad behavior whereas less than posh conditions might make someone think twice before they commit more crimes to go back to a couple of slices of bread and cheese. Don't mean to be harsh but I decided early on that I didn't want to frequent jails and governed myself accordingly.
mama bear

United States

#5 Mar 12, 2014
dave37818 wrote:
I have a son that was in Greene County jail. He had to live off of commissary snacks because of the starvation that goes on in that jail. The meals that are served there is ridiculous. I would like to see whoever decides what the inmate eats, have to live off of the food they serve.
Before anyone starts the "they deserve this because they are in jail" crap be thinking about the humane society. The caged animals are fed more than these inmates. Greene County is a joke. From the deputies right on up thru the judges. Just my opinion.
That is why the inmates are fed so litle so the higher ups can get the money from comimisary.These guys work really h.nard on these crews.My son said today that he was starving after coming in from work.and they brought him about 4 tablespons of food.these guys have to watch the 4mployes at the job sites eat and drink what they chose
Lol

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2014
Take him some crackers and bananas. You raised him to be a jail bird , get off your hind end and take him some snacks.
mama bear

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2014
in the know wrote:
First.. They don't work that long.. Work crews only go for 8-10 hrs a day... Trust me, if you ask a inmate whether they would rather sit in the jail or be out all day.. They would stay out.. The county is only required to provide 2 meals a day & not 3.. If inmates are starved to death, then please tell me why most of them have to have bigger clothes brought in because they have gained to much weight to wear the clothes home they were arrested in..
Please check your info.There are crews that work 16 hours.I would like to se you work that long with so little food.
what a life

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 12, 2014
Lol wrote:
Take him some crackers and bananas. You raised him to be a jail bird , get off your hind end and take him some snacks.
FYI...not all "jail birds" are RAISED to be jail birds. I have a sibling who has been a jail bird and I can promise you it most definitely was not the way he was raised.
dave37818

Greeneville, TN

#9 Mar 12, 2014
in the know wrote:
They have to have bigger clothes because they have to eat the fattening snacks to exist. Try eating all that fat and sit on your butt all day. I think you'll gain weight. Lots of it if your in ther a while.
for the record

Greeneville, TN

#10 Mar 12, 2014
You can survive longer without food than water! These guys forfeited their rights to all the perks of 'outside' living by violating the rights of someone else--stealing, assault, etc.'Mom' it's called 'tough love' don't whine and cry 'he's so pitiful'(that's why he is in there now) instead tell him 'that's what you get I guess you will learn your lesson'(and yes its OK to go home and cry yourself to sleep afterwards) just know you will have done him a greater service in the long run! JAIL IS NOT VACATION.
mama bear

United States

#11 Mar 12, 2014
Lol wrote:
smart azz if i could take him some decient food i sure would. he was not raised to be a jail bird.He made bad choices.He has a sibling that works daily and makes a hundred thousand a year.And they were raised the same.Why do ignorant pl like you always blame the parents?And i dont sit on my hind i work everyday.
funny

United States

#12 Mar 12, 2014
Key word CHOICES, mistake is once not ever other month????????
wow

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 12, 2014
You can see by some of the inmates family member's that these criminals should be taken to Ryans steakhouse at least once a day and fed. After all, theses inmates are all innocent and are the real victims. lol
Gville Wrkr

United States

#14 Mar 12, 2014
Just be glad that you did not raise a wussy punk sniotch , at least he is doing time for the crime. It will be a good lesson for him to sit their real hungry and thirsty. You re boy will be alright.
Lol

United States

#15 Mar 12, 2014
He was probably on the restaraunt threads a few months back complaining about the food and waitresses service . Lol
mama bear

United States

#16 Mar 12, 2014
I am so sory i voiced my concerns on topix.Because some of you are so dazz holy.Should have known better by reading your other posts.Until you are a parent in this situation you would not understand.Regardless of what they do.They are stil your children and you wil protect them anyway you can.That is if you are a real parent And yes bad choices.I gues some of you never made any.Well God bless those of you that have not.And pray that you never have to se your family in the greene co.jail.If that were to hapen then pas judgement
Emaciation

Johnson City, TN

#17 Mar 12, 2014
mama bear wrote:
<quoted text>That is why the inmates are fed so litle so the higher ups can get the money from comimisary.These guys work really h.nard on these crews.My son said today that he was starving after coming in from work.and they brought him about 4 tablespons of food.these guys have to watch the 4mployes at the job sites eat and drink what they chose
Everything you said is true. My son was in there for over six months and by the time he came out and was transferred to a hospital, he only weighed 120 pounds at six feet tall. His blood work showed multiple problems stemming from poor nutrition that could have led to death. He was anemic and vitamin D level was low also. He looked like a concentration camp victim when he came out. The amount of weight he lost was in believable. Yeah, I know some of you are saying well they deserve it for being in there, blah blah blah. The fact is, last I checked starvation leading to medical complications is not a punishment for any crime that I know of. I am surprised no one has died YET from starvation/dehydration, but I am guessing it likely already has and has been swept under the rug by Steve Burns and his cronies. As far as the commissary goes, I think that is an excellent question for Mr Burns who always seems to be cash strapped and begging for money... Where does the commissary money go??? People we are talking a dollar for a pack of crackers, two dollars for a Tylenol, etc...somebody is making a killing down there. The taxpayers need to wake up and start asking questions. I guarantee the books don't add up especially if you go down there to the jail, pick up one of those commissary sheets by the door, look at how much they are charging for little cheap items, basics, that the public has the "impression" are paid for with their tax dollars. So the question remains, families are literally putting in 100.00 a month so the prisoner will have soap and toilet paper and a Toothbrush and some crackers, they are charging a huge mark up so who gets that money? Basically it looks like someone is majorly padding their pockets there.
Release

Greeneville, TN

#18 Mar 12, 2014
mama bear wrote:
<quoted text>Please check your info.There are crews that work 16 hours.I would like to se you work that long with so little food.
If these guys would work 8 hours a day in the free world, they wouldn't be in jail to start with.
get real

Charlotte, NC

#19 Mar 12, 2014
Lol wrote:
He was probably on the restaraunt threads a few months back complaining about the food and waitresses service . Lol
They r doing there time.U don't noanything about the jail.Because I can hell u have never done wrong.And I don't have a kid or have I ever been in jail.But those people are people just like u.Except they made a mistake.I feed my grandson better than they feed them.Were does all that$ go that they get.Thats bs.They could feed them better.I guess they have to pay those jailers to bring the drugs in.Which u wait and see nothing will happened to them.They will get off.They will just lose there jobs.

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#20 Mar 12, 2014
mama bear wrote:
Does anyone have family in jail that are working on a work crew?My son is in jail and is working very hard for his 2 for 1 time.I undersand he is an inmate but i do not agre with the new rules.these boys go out and work up to 16 hours a day and for lunch they are given 4 slices of bread and 2 peices of cheese.I dont fel that is enough.They are not even given anything to drink.They are to drink from a fountain.Im sure not all job sites have fountains.They have to watch others eat and drink while they are very hungry.If they cant have anything from the stret they should at least be given a lunch that can sustain them.Could you work 16 hours on two pieces of cheese90
I understand your concern as a mother, but do you not think he passed up his rights for a gourmet 4 course meal when he did something bad enough to end up in jail?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there such thing as 18 year or older Virgin? 16 min Kohlrabi Sr 3
Man Pees in the Courthouse Lobby!!! 18 min Kohlrabi Sr 11
no 20 min Leonardo 57
Carlins cottage day care allens bridge rd 21 min shut up 11
Blatant Law Breaking 24 min Jail Breakers 3
shannon lowe, miranda lowe, tiffany lowe (Jan '11) 45 min Judy 10
Guy Found dead under Loves Bridge on Newpoet Hwy. (Mar '12) 49 min Latesha 66
Why cant people tell the truth? 58 min fact 84
Wreck on 107 cutoff 1 hr Fast Car 62

Greeneville Jobs