“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

#123 Mar 31, 2013
BobbyW wrote:
Well I hope everyone enjoyed the FREE concert.Now that its over everyone needs to call city and county officals and ask them,how free it really was.Gen.Mills paid for the sound video and so forth but didnt pay for all the law enforcement or emergency workers.City also had public works helping.These people were not volunteers.Ive talked to few county officals and the only ones that got a free concert was those from out of county.Im glad the band is still keeping a home touch but when we are having problems keeping our schools open,well just think about it.
Rather pay em to do some actual work, eventhough it was security to a free concert for the poor,( note sarcasm in case you missed that) than pay em to sit around eatin doughnuts all day.
Hahaha

United States

#124 Mar 31, 2013
If the truth were really known, they probably paid them for the performance? I assure you, they all were paid!
hummm

Rock Hill, SC

#125 Mar 31, 2013
Ok now people, what would you be saying if the Band Perry never mentioned being from Greeneville nor even done any community service? You would probably be complaining about that too. At least these kids are out there making a living and showing some pride. How about taking some lessons from them. I don't listen to their music but I don't diss them either. I wish more people would reach for their dreams and stop complaining about those who are.
FREE CONCERT REVIEW

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#126 Mar 31, 2013
No chairs, umbrellas, drinks or blankets allowed. Only about 8,000 showed. So much federal, county and city security all over I felt like I was in prison. None of it was cheap to provide im sure. It got really cold after 6pm before the band started to play because the sun went down. They should have started at 5pm. And fifteen dollars for a freaking CD? gimme a break people! The new songs were pretty terrible even for manufactured pop music standards. The band owner (daddy?) should fire whoever wrote those new songs and find someone from the actual country to write better ones. That being said, the lead singer is the star of this group, she should ditch those 2 planet-of-the-ape actors that are always up her butt - she would do much better on her own.

4 out of 10 stars
shett eater in bloodline

United States

#127 Mar 31, 2013
BobbyW wrote:
Well I hope everyone enjoyed the FREE concert.Now that its over everyone needs to call city and county officals and ask them,how free it really was.Gen.Mills paid for the sound video and so forth but didnt pay for all the law enforcement or emergency workers.City also had public works helping.These people were not volunteers.Ive talked to few county officals and the only ones that got a free concert was those from out of county.Im glad the band is still keeping a home touch but when we are having problems keeping our schools open,well just think about it.
no the problem with this town is useless non working, pill popping, thieving , check drawing useless bunch that inhabits it. i am shore as hellllll not proad to be from this deadbeat town. more friggin handy tags in this town than any wher else ive ben gov just needs to fly over it and drob a bomb on greeneville make TN a better place.oh and one thing whose big idea was the two more red lights already takes half a day to get threw this crap now.
awesome

Cowpens, SC

#128 Mar 31, 2013
Love BAND PERRY!!!_
shett eater in bloodline

United States

#129 Mar 31, 2013
FREE CONCERT REVIEW wrote:
No chairs, umbrellas, drinks or blankets allowed. Only about 8,000 showed. So much federal, county and city security all over I felt like I was in prison. None of it was cheap to provide im sure. It got really cold after 6pm before the band started to play because the sun went down. They should have started at 5pm. And fifteen dollars for a freaking CD? gimme a break people! The new songs were pretty terrible even for manufactured pop music standards. The band owner (daddy?) should fire whoever wrote those new songs and find someone from the actual country to write better ones. That being said, the lead singer is the star of this group, she should ditch those 2 planet-of-the-ape actors that are always up her butt - she would do much better on her own.
4 out of 10 stars
One ques. how much do you draw a month and how many years you ben on it.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#130 Mar 31, 2013
FREE CONCERT REVIEW wrote:
4 out of 10 stars
What a miserable existence you must have.

“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

#131 Mar 31, 2013
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
What a miserable existence you must have.
I agree 100%!
it was good

AOL

#132 Mar 31, 2013
they were born and raised in ridgeland,ms they moved to mobile,al when they all were teenagers then eventually moved up here to greeneville,tn i have gotten 2 differents yrs on when they moved up here but it was somewhere from/between 2002-2005 they call all 3 places home

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#133 Mar 31, 2013
uneducated hick wrote:
<quoted text> You mean to tell me you keep Barbie dolls in your underwear drawer?
Never was much on barbie.. More like rocks and sling shots.:)
hummm

Rock Hill, SC

#134 Mar 31, 2013
shett eater in bloodline wrote:
<quoted text> no the problem with this town is useless non working, pill popping, thieving , check drawing useless bunch that inhabits it. i am shore as hellllll not proad to be from this deadbeat town. more friggin handy tags in this town than any wher else ive ben gov just needs to fly over it and drob a bomb on greeneville make TN a better place.oh and one thing whose big idea was the two more red lights already takes half a day to get threw this crap now.
While there ARE PLENTY of inhabitants as you describe, not all citizens of Greeneville are as you described. There are plenty of hard working, law abiding people here.
Were you planning to be in Greeneville when the goverment would need to drop the bomb?
fan

Monroe, NC

#135 Apr 1, 2013
How many people were at concert? Anyone know exact number?
Estimate

Greeneville, TN

#136 Apr 1, 2013
I read an estimate of 10,000 by local media. That number included volunteers, security, guests, etc. I'm sure there are other estimates out there. This is just the one I read.

From the pictures I have seen, it looked like the people who attended the event enjoyed it.
Norm

Greeneville, TN

#137 Apr 1, 2013
fan wrote:
How many people were at concert? Anyone know exact number?
Since there were no tickets sold, there is no way to get an exact number. One person who went told me it looked like about 5,000, but it's all just a guess. I would have gone, but I didn't want to get in the middle of 35-60,000 people that they estimated would be there.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#138 Apr 1, 2013
I think the estimation scared a lot of people off.
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#139 Apr 1, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
I think the estimation scared a lot of people off.
The estimation scared me off. I thought that I would have to stand at the Courthouse for 4 hours to see it.

Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#140 Apr 1, 2013
I just saw an aerial view of the crowd, and I think maybe 4-5,000 people. The street is 3 lanes wide plus curbside parking, making the paved area about 50-55 feet wide. The sidewalks are maybe 5 feet each. That means about 60-65 feet wide of people. The length of people back from the stage to the bank near the corner looked like about 5 times the width, or about 300 feet, a football field.

If you multiply 300 X 65 you get 19,500 square feet, or a little less than a half acre of people. In a fairly crowd, they figure 5 square feet a person. In a loose crowd, or arm's length from the next person, they figure 10 square feet per person.

Using 5 square feet a person, divide 5 into 19,500 square feet, you get 3,900 people. Add in a few stragglers around, but not within 100 yards of the stage, and you might get to 4,000. If I knew that few would have shown up, I would have been there.

As for the $20 parking, if there had been 35,000-60,000 people , people would have paid the money, at least the ones from out of town would have.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#141 Apr 1, 2013
Did you figure 250-300 lbs. per person?
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#142 Apr 1, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
Did you figure 250-300 lbs. per person?
I forgot about that. It's a good thing that there are several layers of asphalt on Main Street. The concrete sidewalks should have held up well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 19 min Red_Forman 2,325
Chuckey Utility lawsuit 56 min Dr Wu 6
Driving habits !! 1 hr cougarnut 5
no 2 hr Iamspartagus 276
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 4 hr brl 10,059
Trump good friends withPutin 6 hr Leonardo 47
BUSTED at the Hype! 6 hr Press 32
20 trillion debt 10 hr Trunketeer 24
LIVE, from Philadelphia, PA. 12 hr Kohlrabi 40

Greeneville Jobs