hannah howard

Morganton, NC

#23 Mar 21, 2013
Does anyone know what time the concert will be on the 30th?

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#24 Mar 21, 2013
Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
'not cost the people a thing'-- Sooooo --Sounds like everyone will be getting their CDs for FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Yippie-Skippie!!!!!
Thank you very much!
Buying a cd is a choice by the individual. Attending a free concert does not mean you have to buy a cd.
violet

Johnson City, TN

#25 Mar 21, 2013
hannah howard wrote:
Does anyone know what time the concert will be on the 30th?
I heard 6 pm.
joker

Charlotte, NC

#26 Mar 27, 2013
They ain't from greeneville they moved here a few years back from Alabama. The big wigs of greeneville want them to say they are to make greeneville look important when really it's a joke like them
Dat Be True

Greeneville, TN

#27 Mar 28, 2013
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Buying a cd is a choice by the individual. Attending a free concert does not mean you have to buy a cd.
So have one person buy the CD and give copies for the rest of us.
fan

Charlotte, NC

#28 Mar 28, 2013
Not A Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, times are hard. Maybe they could simply charge less for their concert tickets if they know their hometown folks can't afford the high prices. And maybe they can give EVERYONE a free CD at the free concert. Truth is, they will probably make a lot of money from this FREE concert!
that's part of being a star! Making money!! Like you see anyone else having free concerts forgiving away CDs! You must be one those thinks world owes you something! They have worked hard to get where they are! Hard work ... Try it sometime
me

Duluth, GA

#29 Mar 28, 2013
fan wrote:
<quoted text>that's part of being a star! Making money!! Like you see anyone else having free concerts forgiving away CDs! You must be one those thinks world owes you something! They have worked hard to get where they are! Hard work ... Try it sometime
Totally agree!!!
Paying Customer

Greeneville, TN

#30 Mar 28, 2013
fan wrote:
<quoted text>that's part of being a star! Making money!! Like you see anyone else having free concerts forgiving away CDs! You must be one those thinks world owes you something! They have worked hard to get where they are! Hard work ... Try it sometime
Like we see anyone else needing to draw people in with a free concert. I'm willing to pay too see a GOOD band any day!
talkup

Denver, NC

#31 Mar 28, 2013
They are one hit wonders.they not even country music. But hats off to free concert everybody and the mommas will be there. More like a joke
Likes Quality

Greeneville, TN

#32 Mar 28, 2013
Paying Customer wrote:
<quoted text>
Like we see anyone else needing to draw people in with a free concert. I'm willing to pay too see a GOOD band any day!
I totally agree. I'm never duped by any 'free' gimmick. As always, you get what you pay for.
Likes Quality

Greeneville, TN

#33 Mar 28, 2013
fan wrote:
Star? Really? Someone must not get out much!
Hello

Bulls Gap, TN

#34 Mar 28, 2013
Thank you, Band Perry. Please ignore the jerks from this town. I support what you are doing 100 percent. The attitudes in this town is what the huge joke is about.
yuppies

Greeneville, TN

#35 Mar 28, 2013
My family wouldn't walk across the road to see this yuppie bunch. I thought they were such Christians. Seen there latest video? I hear she is starting to dress with less like Carrie Underwood. The entertainment industry will change them. Underwood openly supports gay rights. So I don't listen to her any more. Band Perry are starting down that same road. Music is changing, dress is changing. No money in the world is worth dressing and singing for satan in my book. To each their own but I feel sorry for the road they are traveling.

“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

#36 Mar 28, 2013
yuppies wrote:
My family wouldn't walk across the road to see this yuppie bunch. I thought they were such Christians. Seen there latest video? I hear she is starting to dress with less like Carrie Underwood. The entertainment industry will change them. Underwood openly supports gay rights. So I don't listen to her any more. Band Perry are starting down that same road. Music is changing, dress is changing. No money in the world is worth dressing and singing for satan in my book. To each their own but I feel sorry for the road they are traveling.
Singing for satan lmao. Some kids were dropped on their heads as babies. Then some, like you, were thrown off walls, kicked down flights of stairs, rolled out of moving cars ;)
Fan

United States

#37 Mar 28, 2013
I love this town!
yuppies

Greeneville, TN

#38 Mar 28, 2013
uneducated hick wrote:
<quoted text> Singing for satan lmao. Some kids were dropped on their heads as babies. Then some, like you, were thrown off walls, kicked down flights of stairs, rolled out of moving cars ;)
Why so violent? Actually I was loved and nurtured by two of the most amazing parents who ever lived. They taught me to think for myself and, more importantly, that I am entitled to my opinion. My friend you keep going down the path you are taking and allowing someone's opinion to enrage you so, you could find your name listed in the local obituaries way too soon.
dez

United States

#39 Mar 28, 2013
Like them and their music but god almighty, so sick of hearing about it!!! Wouldn't get in all that mess even if it is "free"

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#40 Mar 28, 2013
I bet if they never mentioned Greeneville or did anything for this town it would be "They are too good for this town." You just can't please some people.
money issue

Greeneville, TN

#41 Mar 28, 2013
I love their singing. I'd love to go to the freebie this weekend. My only problem with this whole situation is....who is going to pay for all the security, etc?
oliver

Greeneville, TN

#42 Mar 28, 2013
money issue wrote:
I love their singing. I'd love to go to the freebie this weekend. My only problem with this whole situation is....who is going to pay for all the security, etc?
General Mills is sponsoring the concert, and I am sure they are underwriting some of the cost. The Greene County Partnership is also promoting and spending money, with the goal in mind of helping the local economy, and acquainting more people with our town.

So I would say that since the Partnership is funded in part by local tax money, we are all paying for the free concert. Do we know for sure if the band is paid or not for the free concert? General Mills has a lot of money to spread around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 37 min Geeze Louise 157
Principal at Mosheim 45 min Geeze Louise 79
On the 1st day of Christmas 1 hr Trunketeer 30
DNA testing 1 hr From Jenny xoxo 4
merry christmas 1 hr unc tarheel 10
Marvin Dorton (Oct '11) 2 hr Reclaim rights 13
What I got fer Christas 2 hr hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 2
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 2 hr really 275
Is Greene County inbred? 10 hr Mary Kresmus 37
Greeneville Dating