Woman Driver, 34, Faces 10th 'Suspended' Charge

Feb 1, 2013 Full story: The Greenville Sun 21

A suspended license evidently does little to keep 34-year-old Pamela Yvonne Martinez, of 411 Volunteer St., off the roads, according to the Greeneville Police Department.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justice

Charlotte, NC

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Believe they should impound her car and send her to jail for year
cars

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Feb 9, 2013
hey jack .dont.know what you are talking about .but if she was caught on the 11e bye pass for who knows it would be 25 to life in my opion.then a free lunch whats up with that...
the truth of it

Maryville, TN

#3 Feb 10, 2013
you people are quick to throw someone else away . was there any charge other than driving on a suspended? the system will suspend a license which sometimes leaves a person unable to go to work or buy food or any other essential task. here there is no public transportation so tell me how one is to survive without driving? granted the original infraction that cause the suspention is her fault as is any other crime committed while driving. however if no other infraction was committed, other than the driving on a suspended, why she was driving needs to be considered. suspending a drivers license in an area like this one is a trap. in the absence of any feasable public transportation, or allowances for necessary things like shopping and work, to survive here one must drive and so must break the law. that sort of trap is unacceptable and should not exist in out system.
LMAO

Kingsport, TN

#4 Feb 10, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
you people are quick to throw someone else away . was there any charge other than driving on a suspended? the system will suspend a license which sometimes leaves a person unable to go to work or buy food or any other essential task. here there is no public transportation so tell me how one is to survive without driving? granted the original infraction that cause the suspention is her fault as is any other crime committed while driving. however if no other infraction was committed, other than the driving on a suspended, why she was driving needs to be considered. suspending a drivers license in an area like this one is a trap. in the absence of any feasable public transportation, or allowances for necessary things like shopping and work, to survive here one must drive and so must break the law. that sort of trap is unacceptable and should not exist in out system.
Thats the truth, its a sad cycle. But on the brightside, she can do what all the illegals do and just go to another state with a fake identity and get a fresh start.
really!!!

Greeneville, TN

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Must break the law????? Last time I checked walking,riding a bicycle or call a cab wasn't illegal.
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 10, 2013
ok big money (and mouth) taxis are expensive and not everyone is independantly wealthy like you apparently are. as for walking or riding a bicycle, the majority of persons in this part of the state live in a rural area. when was the last time your fat @ss walked or rode a bike more than the distance form the couch to the refrigerater. people like you are why our governmant and authorities take so many liberties with our liberties.
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Feb 10, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
ok big money (and mouth) taxis are expensive and not everyone is independantly wealthy like you apparently are. as for walking or riding a bicycle, the majority of persons in this part of the state live in a rural area. when was the last time your fat @ss walked or rode a bike more than the distance form the couch to the refrigerater. people like you are why our governmant and authorities take so many liberties with our liberties.
They probably don't have to walk or ride a bike. They probably obey the law. As far as knowing the reason why she was driving, should be considered for her penalty. Yeah right, just ask her, I bet all 10 times were for an emergency. So you think driving on suspended is one of our liberties being violated?

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#8 Feb 10, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
Her address is one block from tusculum boulevard and about a mile from food city.
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
They probably don't have to walk or ride a bike. They probably obey the law. As far as knowing the reason why she was driving, should be considered for her penalty. Yeah right, just ask her, I bet all 10 times were for an emergency. So you think driving on suspended is one of our liberties being violated?
the liberty i spoke of - stupid - was the liberty to do the things necessary to servive - you know like work and eat and such nonsense as that. i never said or implied she drove for emergency reasons but if you consider the need to get to work or the grocery store an emergency them perhaps your right. and yes driving is a liberty as is being able to do most anything one wishes . of course those of you who want to be in control with out having enough sense to think itm thrpough then there are no liberties at all. just things the havers and takers allow. IF a driver drives without legal license it is not criminal so long as no offense is committed other than to drive. it is more - or at least should be -a civil offense. in the reality of our world it is a control mechanism and nothing more. so in conclusion - bite it !!
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Her address is one block from tusculum boulevard and about a mile from food city.
here oare many others in similar circumstance. for the record: she and some others may have no excuse to drive in violation of a suspension however niether does the our system of government and law have an excuse for imposing a sanction wherein one is unable to perform the necessary tasks required to live a productive existance. it is easy to look down ones nose at these people and place blame. and it is sometime rightly earned blamed but we should endeavor as enthusiastically to control our system of government to ensure a way for those who make bad descisions to turn from that inclination to a productive lifestyle.
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Feb 10, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
<quoted text>the liberty i spoke of - stupid - was the liberty to do the things necessary to servive - you know like work and eat and such nonsense as that. i never said or implied she drove for emergency reasons but if you consider the need to get to work or the grocery store an emergency them perhaps your right. and yes driving is a liberty as is being able to do most anything one wishes . of course those of you who want to be in control with out having enough sense to think itm thrpough then there are no liberties at all. just things the havers and takers allow. IF a driver drives without legal license it is not criminal so long as no offense is committed other than to drive. it is more - or at least should be -a civil offense. in the reality of our world it is a control mechanism and nothing more. so in conclusion - bite it !!
Bite what?

Greeneville TN

#12 Feb 10, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
<quoted text>here oare many others in similar circumstance. for the record: she and some others may have no excuse to drive in violation of a suspension however niether does the our system of government and law have an excuse for imposing a sanction wherein one is unable to perform the necessary tasks required to live a productive existance. it is easy to look down ones nose at these people and place blame. and it is sometime rightly earned blamed but we should endeavor as enthusiastically to control our system of government to ensure a way for those who make bad descisions to turn from that inclination to a productive lifestyle.
I'm all for rehabilitating the criminally inclined but if a person has such little respect for the penalties handed to her that she has been arrested 10 times do you really think she is ready to change? A hardship license is not that difficult to obtain if you handle it correctly. It was created to allow people to continue to work even if their license has been suspended.
homer

Greeneville, TN

#13 Feb 11, 2013
The driver does not work, has been in jail numerous times and has given birth to six children that she has never taken care of and have all been given up for adoption.
yes

Greeneville, TN

#14 Feb 11, 2013
and she is a crack head so if she can afford that then why cant shenot get her license and when her fist baby was born he was on a heart machine she had him out in the cold looking 4 crack
the truth of it

Kodak, TN

#15 Feb 11, 2013
perhaps this one deserves it but she isnt the only one in the "suspended license trap" there are many many more some of which need, and should be given, an opertunity to be able to legally do those things one needs to do. the system drives hard to punish but then leaves one to their own devices when it comes to a way and means to productivity. cant you people see that its not even compliance they are after. the law doesnt want everyone to do right. if that happened their would no longer be nedded. you know, it seems most cant fathom what im talking about. just too busy buying into the propaganda being fed to us amd siezing the opertunity to gloat at the misfortune of others. just remember that when they come knocking at your door.

Greeneville TN

#16 Feb 11, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
perhaps this one deserves it but she isnt the only one in the "suspended license trap" there are many many more some of which need, and should be given, an opertunity to be able to legally do those things one needs to do. the system drives hard to punish but then leaves one to their own devices when it comes to a way and means to productivity. cant you people see that its not even compliance they are after. the law doesnt want everyone to do right. if that happened their would no longer be nedded. you know, it seems most cant fathom what im talking about. just too busy buying into the propaganda being fed to us amd siezing the opertunity to gloat at the misfortune of others. just remember that when they come knocking at your door.
So in your eyes a repeat offender of the drunk driving law should still be able to drive to work or to the store? Propaganda or not, I person that knowingly drives without a valid license is a danger to all. Sure there may be varying reasons for why they lost their license but the fact is they should not be on the road. Chances are they do not insure a car they cannot legally drive. So what happens when they hit another vehicle? If the other person does not have uninsured driver they will be out the cost of repairs.
the truth of it

White Pine, TN

#17 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So in your eyes a repeat offender of the drunk driving law should still be able to drive to work or to the store? Propaganda or not, I person that knowingly drives without a valid license is a danger to all. Sure there may be varying reasons for why they lost their license but the fact is they should not be on the road. Chances are they do not insure a car they cannot legally drive. So what happens when they hit another vehicle? If the other person does not have uninsured driver they will be out the cost of repairs.
for starters - dont put words in my mouth. i never said or implied that repeat DRUNK driving was ok. second - big mouth- it was repeat driving while license is suspended which is an entirely different matter and if you read with some understanding you would see that i qualified it with "when no other offense was committed. and finaly - some way to get to work and the store needs to be available unles your ignorant @ss thinks a death sentence is in order.

Greeneville TN

#18 Feb 11, 2013
the truth of it wrote:
<quoted text>for starters - dont put words in my mouth. i never said or implied that repeat DRUNK driving was ok. second - big mouth- it was repeat driving while license is suspended which is an entirely different matter and if you read with some understanding you would see that i qualified it with "when no other offense was committed. and finaly - some way to get to work and the store needs to be available unles your ignorant @ss thinks a death sentence is in order.
Since you are obviously not able to have a discussion without resorting to petty name calling take your new world order shit to another thread. You came on this one jabbing others with your contempt for the laws of our country. Your entire argument is moot in this discussion because the lady lives a mile from a grocery store. Hardly a death sentence to have to walk a mile. A hardship license can be obtained for work. But the other nine arrests for driving without a license probably killed that opportunity. This thread is about the woman in the article. Not the others, according to you, that are on death row. Stick to the topic or start another thread about how much you hate rules.
FailSafe

Greeneville, TN

#19 Feb 11, 2013
I can attest with 100% certainty that the above comments about this woman being a crack head, having 6 kids, etc are true. Sadly, I am related to her. She has a criminal record a mile long that includes not only the 10 charges for driving on a suspended license, the other charges are related to drugs and theft. Her most recent theft fiasco was within the past year....she entered the Davy Crockett truck stop two days in a row, and stole merchandise both times (reported in the G-Sun). She has stolen from family and almost anyone she has crossed paths with and has burned many bridges with people. She has also been fired from jobs for stealing. Yes, she really does have 6 kids (two of them twins) who ALL ended up in state custody and were adopted into homes. The oldest one had multiple heart surgeries starting when he was a tiny baby because she smoked crack while pregnant with him. When one of her other kids was only 2 weeks old, she was pulled over one night (in bitter cold weather) after making a drug deal and the 2 week old newborn was in the back seat. She also was pulled over 2-3 years ago for running a stop sign, and told the officer she was in route to the hospital because she was having a miscarriage. She was transported to Laughlin where she became physically and verbally violent when they wanted to do a pregnancy test. It was then determined by hospital personnel and law enforcement that she had lied about being pregnant. By the way, all of these incidents mentioned here of her run-in's with the law have been reported in the Greeneville Sun in case someone on here decides I'm making this crap up. Like I said her record is a mile long a person would not be able to type it all here. For anybody reading this thread, if you know this woman do not get involved with her she is bad news and if you do have any dealings with her, you will regret it!!!!
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

#20 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Since you are obviously not able to have a discussion without resorting to petty name calling take your new world order shit to another thread. You came on this one jabbing others with your contempt for the laws of our country. Your entire argument is moot in this discussion because the lady lives a mile from a grocery store. Hardly a death sentence to have to walk a mile. A hardship license can be obtained for work. But the other nine arrests for driving without a license probably killed that opportunity. This thread is about the woman in the article. Not the others, according to you, that are on death row. Stick to the topic or start another thread about how much you hate rules.
your simply an idiot !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feeling lonely for the holidays 10 min Veronica 85
facebook 38 min popo 6
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 5,550
Principal at Mosheim 1 hr WGAlumni 54
MEN that like to be called 'DADDY' by their LADY 1 hr Veronica 9
How offen do u eat her out? 1 hr Veronica 5
tyler walls at dtr 2 hr dtr worker 22
wheel tax 6 hr cougarnut 119
What is your favorite poem? 7 hr English Techer 128
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 10 hr Funny 13
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County Thu Counsler Bob 97
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search