Greene County School System At It Again

Greene County School System At It Again

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

roger jones and dr kirk

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jul 22, 2014
Dr. Kirk reminds me so much of Roger Jones. Anyone want to place a bet they confer daily? Dr. Kirk that sure is a nice way to line the pockets of those teachers needing better retirement. An extra $10,000.00 a year sure will sweeten the pot for them at retirement. What else will you people try? And $5,000 really is a nice round number, gee why didn't you just go for $6,000?
roger jones and dr kirk

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jul 22, 2014
You do realize that the Greeneville Sun loves making fun of us all. Thanks to you, you give them all the ammunition they will ever need. I get afraid to answer my cell for fear you have "done it again". Well, yeah, you did it again and in public at that!
roger jones and dr kirk

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jul 22, 2014
I beg you to please stop making such blunders in public. You don't even have enough common sense about you to realize when people around you are stunned at your words and laughing under their breath. I am so embarrassed for our schools.
Parky

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Jul 22, 2014
They laws, ya'll I thought we'd never git back to what's portent in Greene County, trashing dem dar teachers!
spectator

Athens, TN

#5 Jul 22, 2014
The circus has came to town!
tipton

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jul 22, 2014
I feel sorry for Tipton the way he tries to straddle issues must be a pain you know where. Stand for something there Rick. Nobody gets to be just half way into Heaven. All you board members need to remember that Kirk is suppose to be working for us and not for you or her.
justify

Greeneville, TN

#7 Jul 22, 2014
roger jones and dr kirk wrote:
Dr. Kirk reminds me so much of Roger Jones. Anyone want to place a bet they confer daily? Dr. Kirk that sure is a nice way to line the pockets of those teachers needing better retirement. An extra $10,000.00 a year sure will sweeten the pot for them at retirement. What else will you people try? And $5,000 really is a nice round number, gee why didn't you just go for $6,000?
I am not sure what the paper was even talking about. The article was so short. Teachers are constantly crying about how stressed and tired they are so how can they justify giving them extra classes? I just saw an advertisement on TV for online classes for K-12 where the children have access to actual real live teachers. I guess this is what homeschoolers do? Common Core is slowly but surely pointing our family in that direction.
misguided agenda

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jul 25, 2014
justify wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what the paper was even talking about. The article was so short. Teachers are constantly crying about how stressed and tired they are so how can they justify giving them extra classes? I just saw an advertisement on TV for online classes for K-12 where the children have access to actual real live teachers. I guess this is what homeschoolers do? Common Core is slowly but surely pointing our family in that direction.
This newest idea of Dr. Kirk, much like all the others, must have been structured to enhance certain incomes of certain teachers. Good teachers are exhausted at the end of any given day, when that day usually does not end until papers have been graded, tests and lessons prepared for future dates and so on. This is a sure fire way to "burn out" our older more seasoned teachers who would be teaching their regular classes, plus. The parents and guardians of the students on the receiving end of this nonsense need do one thing, follow who gets the extra money and see who gets teaching positions in the future. Dr. Kirk has surely made a total disaster of our school system and she continues to invent new ways to reach a misguided agenda and I, for one, do not understand. It sure is not beneficial to the students and their parents. I agree that Common Core is an idea process that generates more questions than answers. My child is a gift from God and is not something to be molded by the local school system or government into what they think my child should become in the way of the job market.
at least

Greeneville, TN

#9 Jul 25, 2014
misguided agenda wrote:
<quoted text>
This newest idea of Dr. Kirk, much like all the others, must have been structured to enhance certain incomes of certain teachers. Good teachers are exhausted at the end of any given day, when that day usually does not end until papers have been graded, tests and lessons prepared for future dates and so on. This is a sure fire way to "burn out" our older more seasoned teachers who would be teaching their regular classes, plus. The parents and guardians of the students on the receiving end of this nonsense need do one thing, follow who gets the extra money and see who gets teaching positions in the future. Dr. Kirk has surely made a total disaster of our school system and she continues to invent new ways to reach a misguided agenda and I, for one, do not understand. It sure is not beneficial to the students and their parents. I agree that Common Core is an idea process that generates more questions than answers. My child is a gift from God and is not something to be molded by the local school system or government into what they think my child should become in the way of the job market.
We are all entitled to our opinions when it comes to those in positions like Kirk. I do agree with some of your points of view. We really just need to get back to six period classes again. An hour and half class time is just wasted past the hour mark any way. What this tells me is that teachers are overpaid. Course we all knew that any way.
follow the money

Bristol, TN

#10 Jul 28, 2014
misguided agenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the money honey, just follow the money.
crap

Greeneville, TN

#11 Jul 28, 2014
All I know is that no one person should be deciding that this Common Core crap needs to be taught to our children. I just wonder if Dr. Kirk is seeing all the crap coming out about Common Core. The very first time this parent finds out that our local schools are collecting and giving private data to the school system which will ultimately end up in some kind of government data base, someone will have some explaining to do. I am not sending my child to public schools to be brainwashed or interrogated.
Nuts

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jul 30, 2014
You people are nuts. Do you really believe Dr. Kirk started Common Core? It came from the state department. She just guides our system toward the process of it all. As for teachers being over paid, that's a joke. Teachers are always using what little they get on kids, classroom, etc. Don't say they get the summers off. Most are in training then and do more than required to help your kids. Yes, they can sometimes go for the day @ 3:10 go see how many stay over to prepare for the next day. Most think they've got it made and you nutty people can't believe they complain. I don't see you nutty people going into their field. It could be because of early bus duty in the morning or the late afternoons when parents don't pick up their kids, or because it's a detention day you must pull, or maybe because you are not educated enough to teach, you don't have a job period and live off of us, don't like kids, it's never ending work, the stress level is through the roof because of scores and kids not having the proper care they need at home, etc. I could go on for days! Know your facts and walk a day in a teachers shoes and receive their pay check before being so critical of educators. It's not easy if it was everyone would do it.
She is a Huge Supporter

Greeneville, TN

#13 Jul 30, 2014
Nuts

Greeneville, TN

#14 Jul 31, 2014
You support it and do what the state wants for the good of our system, the teachers, and the kids of our system or our system looks uneducated when scores come out! No one may like it but you change with what's being tested and you become a part of it so you know how to get training in CC for our system. Most systems are way behind with the process. She's kept teachers on their toes but ahead of the game!
Crazy

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jul 31, 2014
She is a Huge Supporter wrote:
I hope everyone looks these websites up. Is the board part of this too? We don't want a superintendent that works for the state and not the local system. She's one of 8 supers in the state pushing common core and all that testing. Why haven't we been told that? Is our school board in on this? Is this why there wasn't any public input allowed " before" this propaganda was shoved down our throat? People better wake up. There is an election next week. We better find out which board members are promoting common core and all the data collecting on our children. If you don't vote you can't complain....... Very important election all the way around.
Use LOTTERY money

Johnson City, TN

#16 Jul 31, 2014
No that would make to much sense wouldn't it I mean the well educated young kids could get scholarships to college free then . Why is it you REPUBLICANS want let that happen ? Or we should go where the crop of money is plentiful tax THE RICH .
Crazy

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jul 31, 2014
Use LOTTERY money wrote:
No that would make to much sense wouldn't it I mean the well educated young kids could get scholarships to college free then . Why is it you REPUBLICANS want let that happen ? Or we should go where the crop of money is plentiful tax THE RICH .
Lottery money should be able to be used for vouchers. That way parents can choose to send their children to any school they want to. Competition for public schools is what it's going to take.
drug tested

Bristol, TN

#18 Aug 27, 2014
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Lottery money should be able to be used for vouchers. That way parents can choose to send their children to any school they want to. Competition for public schools is what it's going to take.
Had to pick my kid up for sickness already this year. I felt about as welcome in the school as some kind of disease. I would love to send my kid to a better school and am presently checking into some other options - even homeschooling. I don't trust the teachers and some of them seem out in space. Does anyone know if our teachers have to submit to drug testing? That's a no brainer in my book.
The Dealer

Johnson City, TN

#19 Aug 27, 2014
whether teachers are drug tested or not, YOU should definitely take YOUR children out of the public schools-that would cause the TCAP scores to go UP considerably! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree-so go! RUN-N-N!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walmart mcdonalds fight? 28 min Holiday Barbie 15
Hot guys at Parker 32 min Tweaker Marie 30
Vols are back (Feb '15) 33 min Auburn Spread Eagle 93
News Coal Fund Campaign Keeps The Needy Warm 1 hr obama 1
hottest chicks that works at sunrise (Apr '11) 2 hr Gotochurch 24
Ronnie Nelson 2 hr Sad 21
Nom nom Thanksgiving dessert 2 hr Deeeelicious 1
Men to AVOID AT ALL COSTS... 4 hr Black betty 59

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web