Pal's Drive-Thru Restaurant Approved

Pal's Drive-Thru Restaurant Approved

There are 23 comments on the Greeneville Sun story from Mar 20, 2009, titled Pal's Drive-Thru Restaurant Approved. In it, Greeneville Sun reports that:

Greeneville will have a Pal's Sudden Service drive-thru restaurant this summer, according to plans presented Thursday at a meeting of the Greeneville Regional Planning Commission.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Greeneville Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sankofa

Johnson City, TN

#1 Mar 22, 2009
I wish we had a sit down Pals here in Kingsport.
Anyone ever been to the one in Greenville?

It is kinda small with booth seating. But its still nice to be able to get your food and eat it there while it is still hot.
Kingsport citizen

Montréal, Canada

#2 Mar 25, 2009
We do have a sit-down Pal's, the one downtown you idiot.
37642 irvin williamson

Ringgold, GA

#3 Mar 25, 2009
Kingsport citizen wrote:
idiot, idiot! What does that make you look like? calling someone an idiot! where has our kindness gone?
Woody

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 26, 2009
37642 irvin williamson wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot, idiot! What does that make you look like?
Ummmm.....correct?

Since: Mar 09

Bluff City, TN

#5 Mar 26, 2009
Actually there are 2 in Kingsport. The one downtown and the one out on Lynn Garden Drive
mardrana

Cookeville, TN

#6 Mar 28, 2009
Everyone loves the sit down place in the Greeneville Commons. We have been wondering if we were ever going to get a drive thru and finally we are. There will be even more business for Pal's now.
sankofa

Johnson City, TN

#7 Mar 29, 2009
well, I meant an inside climate controlled sit down area. Not an outside area where you have to sit around with a bunch of pigeons and their waste...or in lynn garden...right off lynn garden drive.

Something like the one in Greenville...but with a larger seating area.
volfans

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Aug 3, 2009
I hoped I would never see the day when "people" can't have a civil conversation without demeaning each other. You are talking about where a restaurant is - not something important and life-altering. No wonder the youth of today act the way they do ! Look at their examples !
food

Dandridge, TN

#9 Aug 4, 2009
I would love to have a pals that you can sit down and eat you food. As far as I know the only one is in Greenville and it is good. I also think that the best Pal's food is from the original Pal's Which is located in downtown Kingsport. Something about the walk thru line and the smell of the place just make it great.
Only wishing

Montréal, Canada

#10 Aug 4, 2009
Pal’s isn't that good, just unhealthy fast food. I would love to have a Dave and Busters or an Outback in Kingsport. We have enough Pal’s.
restaurant critic

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 4, 2009
Only wishing wrote:
Pal’s isn't that good, just unhealthy fast food. I would love to have a Dave and Busters or an Outback in Kingsport. We have enough Pal’s.
Pal's really isn't that good at all. They are just better than the others, they are clean, they are quick, and their food is usually hot. With the exception of fries and cheddar rounds, their food is just not that good. burgers are thin with a rubbery texture, biscuits are dry and as dense and hard as hockey pucks. I want to know: What happened to their sweet tea? I used to really love their tea. but several years ago it started getting really nasty. always weak and not sweet enough. you could tell they had been sitting for a while because their was barely any ice left. now i just go to McD's on Stone Dr for tea.
wow

Bristol, TN

#12 Aug 5, 2009
Kingsport citizen wrote:
What a nice person.

Since: Aug 09

Simpsonville, KY

#13 Aug 5, 2009
Horray
palsfan

Nashville, TN

#14 Aug 5, 2009
Finally...a drive-thru Pal's. Frenchie fries on the run!!
Bull

Kodak, TN

#15 Aug 7, 2009
yeah the one downtown is awesome in the winter i love to go sit outside and eat my burger and hotdog in the cold but i really love shivering and trying to drink my frozen tea. the best time to go is when its snowing omg the snow flakes on your food adds so much flavor from eastman that you that you can taste the smell. if you go in the summer it is even better because they serve you the food cold and you take it outside and sit down by the time you get it unwrapped its cooked they also have a super concentrated tea that they only use in the summer. it is one spoon full of tea and 30 oz of ice so when you sit down and the sun cook's your food the ice is melted and you have a 32 oz tea. the only bad thing is that you still get the eastman smell but not the flavor.
Kingsport citizen wrote:
Hungry

Nashville, TN

#16 Aug 14, 2009
Why cant you get a Bar-b-Dog at the Drive through one???
palsfan

Nashville, TN

#17 Aug 17, 2009
The Bar-b-Dog is unique to the first Pal's in Greeneville because it didn't start out as a Pal's. It started out as Skoby's Pantry, which sold bar-b-que (it sold Pal's hot dogs as a novelty item). When it switched to Pal's, it kept the Bar-b-dog as a hold-over from Skoby's Pantry.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#18 May 18, 2013
CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT PAL'S IS A RIP OFF! THEY CHARGE YOU ALMOST 5 DOLLARS FOR JUST A DAM BURGER, HELL YOU CAN GET A COMBO ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT!! PAL'S IS JUST LIKE OUR BP MARKETS, BIGGEST CROOKS IN TOWN!!!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#19 May 18, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT PAL'S IS A RIP OFF! THEY CHARGE YOU ALMOST 5 DOLLARS FOR JUST A DAM BURGER, HELL YOU CAN GET A COMBO ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT!! PAL'S IS JUST LIKE OUR BP MARKETS, BIGGEST CROOKS IN TOWN!!!
Not a big fan of Pal's... except for their fries (with extra seasoning salt.) A lot of my friends like Pal's. Question: Why look up a thread from '09 on Pal's being approved to open in Greeneville, rather than begin a new thread stating your dislike for this fast food organization? Curious minds want to know (or just my tiny mind.)
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#20 May 18, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a big fan of Pal's... except for their fries (with extra seasoning salt.) A lot of my friends like Pal's. Question: Why look up a thread from '09 on Pal's being approved to open in Greeneville, rather than begin a new thread stating your dislike for this fast food organization? Curious minds want to know (or just my tiny mind.)
Extra seasoning salt? Good Lord, I always ask for none or very little. The way they pour on the salt chokes me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unemployment 1 hr Itsme33 112
tessa dean 1 hr jerry 28
Amie Swatzell 2 hr Flowers 2
Trump declared January 20th "National Day of Pa... 2 hr Itsme33 3
Why women march? Attention 2 hr Itsme33 12
Alternative lies 2 hr Itsme33 4
Woman BURSTED at Jail!! 4 hr smarterthanu 6
How can we get a new steakhouse in town? (Jun '14) 11 hr Itsme33 47

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web