Don't Let the Commission Vote for Money and More Taxes for Common Core

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Parent

Greeneville, TN

#1 Oct 19, 2013
Monday the County Commission is going to vote on giving half a million dollars to the school system to support Common Core and the PARCC test. Don't let them do it. Call your commissioners today.

This amount will be enough to lead to yet another tax increase. Stop it now, before it goes into effect.
Taxpayer

Greeneville, TN

#2 Oct 20, 2013
Your taxes will go up with Common Core. Don't let the county commission fund this.
More Money

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2013
And what happens in a couple of years when the testing standards and methods change again? More money?
Taxpayer

Greeneville, TN

#4 Oct 20, 2013
Exactly. If you don't call your commissioners and they vote for the money, you are allowing them to vote for a tax increase because they will have to increase taxes.
Do Not Understand This

Greeneville, TN

#5 Oct 20, 2013
Why wasn't this already in the budget instead of asking for additional funds now?
parent

Jonesville, SC

#6 Nov 10, 2013
Common core should not be implemented. They are trying to teach kids to conform to one type. No kids learn or think alike. The no child left behind didn't last. This should have never started. Now even if you don't get the right answer that is okay as long as you can tell why you got it. In the real world this doesn't work. What are you going to tell your boss when you come in late or not do the job needed? Are you going to say oh sorry my answer is just as good as anybody else. Doesn't matter if it is your answer or not.
Parents need to stand up and get this out. The kids are not getting the education they need to succeed in college. Those not going to college need to be trained for their job. Put money in a training facility to help the kids succeed not teachb them to rely on others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Pete 152,476
Trash pickup fee 26 min Taxpayer 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 29 min Jennifer Renee 4,573
What do think about free mansions 32 min Phil_is_Right 13
Are u a son of the south 33 min Phil_is_Right 14
Documentary on The Lillelid Murders (Apr '13) 35 min D Amor 145
what ever happened to natasha funderburg hicks ... (Aug '10) 42 min sis in law 19
get rid of Robert Sayne 7 hr resident 34
whorin around 7 hr heeler 13
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]