Chuckey Water District..
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

United States

#23 Feb 27, 2014
observer wrote:
I want an audit back as many years as possible, not just one year. I want arrests and convictions for any laws that were violated. I want full restitution back to the water dept. for all inappropriate monies taken, diverted, etc, plus hefty fines on all involved, including he Board. If houses have to be sold, whatever, so be it. If people go to jail, so be it. Once the dust has settled and all accounts are back in order and a new Board is seated, I want the People to be able to actually Elect at least the Chair of these Water Dept. Boards around the County. As it is, they are a totally autonomous group, answering to no one, are self-perpetuating and self serving. And all this while receiving huge grants of monies over the years from the People in Federal, State, and local tax revenues for infrastructure development and maintenance. I have contacted the State on this and the water depts. have only three guides they must follow: the water pressure at your outside tap must average at least 20 lbs of pressure, the quality of the water must meet a minimum standard, and the rates they charge us are regulated. How they do their business is up to the dept. itself. In the end of it all, I believe the customers in Chuckey and Cross Anchor should receive a rebate from all the misspent funds as this was ratepayer money to start with. Just my thoughts on the issue.
Agree, but until we start demanding full disclosure nothing will change.
observer

Greeneville, TN

#24 Feb 27, 2014
Why wrote:
<quoted text>Agree, but until we start demanding full disclosure nothing will change.
Absolutely. Full disclosure, open records and meetings, true rotating boards and not the self-appointments that have been going on for years, election of chair coinciding with Commissioner elections each 4 years, detailed audits available to the public upon request each year, and true accountability of all actions taken. Only after all this in place and we have a few years of this type system will there be any kind of faith and trust being rebuilt in the mind of the public. I am thinking of digging my own well. Maybe others would consider the same.$35 -$50 per month would probably finance most wells in our area paid out over say 10 years. I also understand that water taps are now going to $1700. Must be nice to have a monopoly, development money provided by the taxpayers, then open a business to run however you see fit while overlooking all kinds of improprieties and just acting dumb when something jumps out of your incompetence level to bite you in the rear.
rrr2

Kodak, TN

#25 Aug 18, 2014

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#26 Aug 18, 2014
Why is the Chuckey Utility still located all the way down on the other side of Greeneville? It has never made any sense. Idea? How about using one of the unused buildings at GVDC? It's a win win. Instead of letting it just atrophy put a few hundred thousand in it and use it as the water office.

“Well, there ya' go!”

Since: Feb 14

Columbia, TN.

#27 Aug 18, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
Why is the Chuckey Utility still located all the way down on the other side of Greeneville? It has never made any sense. Idea? How about using one of the unused buildings at GVDC? It's a win win. Instead of letting it just atrophy put a few hundred thousand in it and use it as the water office.
Why, so you can just walk across the hall to pay your bill? Just kidding, still haven't sewed up the hole in MY glove.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haynes Tire Store Sucks... (Apr '12) 25 min HaynesSux 31
Christians really?? 31 min LmaO 5
do not do business with crystal haynes 32 min LmaO 3
News Ex-Hamblen lawman charged with sex offenses (Sep '08) 36 min Lmao 59
looking for barbarA shelton 1 hr hannah clevenger 1
do not do business with crystal hayned 1 hr hate you 1
Brandon weisman 2 hr curious 1
Susan Crum Foundation (Jan '16) 3 hr Christ 22
us nitrogen 7 hr fred sanford 39
Old Oak was a joke 7 hr Dude 40