Teacher at Gr. Hight School fired for...

Teacher at Gr. Hight School fired for getting drunk at senior prom

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anne

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jun 2, 2014
Any comments on this. The parents of the students made video of the teacher drunk and dancing with the students in a sexual way.
Epic 7

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jun 2, 2014
If the girls are 18 who cares all women are lowlife hoes anyway

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 3, 2014
It would depend on the teacher if they were fired or not. It was at the very least a POOR lapse of judgment. However, if this teacher was a good teacher and didn't have any other blemish on their record, I'd put them on suspension and transfer them to another school. However, if there were any doubt about this teacher being around kids (pedophile, pervert, etc) then I'd fired them too. It just depends. I have not seen this story so I don't know the age or sex of this teacher. It would be easier for me to see a young teacher show out at prom than an old idiot too I guess. IMHO Also, did any other teacher go up to this teacher at prom and tell them to knock it off? Someone- either a parent instead of holding the video camera should have told them to take a hike. That's how I see it anyway.
curious

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jun 3, 2014
Gr, Hight school?
teecher

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jun 3, 2014
I thhought it wuz beatiful
Visitor

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jun 3, 2014
Which teacher?
parent

Bakersville, NC

#7 Jun 3, 2014
Why has this not come out sooner? The prom should have been way over month ago.. And why didn't another teacher or principal say something to this teacher? Was it male or female teacher? And why was a patient video taping it? Sounds like they liked watching..
Country girl

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jun 3, 2014
Wonder why that didn't make front page of the greeneville sun? Oh that's right, they cover up the bad at HHS only rant and rave about the good everyday u pick up the paper! I meant ghs of course instead of HHS, sounds like another teacher they fired from there, guess they got 2 be careful how they handle this, the last 1 just received a settlement., but ghs is such a wonderful school, allows so many more opportunities than county schools. Sounds like a real class act school!
friend

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jun 3, 2014
Country girl wrote:
Wonder why that didn't make front page of the greeneville sun? Oh that's right, they cover up the bad at HHS only rant and rave about the good everyday u pick up the paper! I meant ghs of course instead of HHS, sounds like another teacher they fired from there, guess they got 2 be careful how they handle this, the last 1 just received a settlement., but ghs is such a wonderful school, allows so many more opportunities than county schools. Sounds like a real class act school!
The "other" teacher got a settlement because the school system did her wrong! It was proven in court!

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10 Jun 3, 2014
friend wrote:
<quoted text>The "other" teacher got a settlement because the school system did her wrong! It was proven in court!
Who proved it in court ? The special agents ? The teachers testimony ? The witnesses that told the truth ? How much did she get ?
Anne

Greeneville, TN

#11 Jun 3, 2014
This was a GHS teacher or aide. Ms. Doty is her name. She has been doing this every year at the prom for some time. Why has this not been investigated until now?
Silence of the lambs

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jun 3, 2014
Settled 2 shut her up probably, so no more corruption would be told and brought out on there niswonger funded program, that if u want your kid 2 be noticed send them 2 ghs! LMAO oh the price of fame and fortune!
resident

Bakersville, NC

#13 Jun 4, 2014
If a county teacher or aide had done this is would be front page news.. But not good old ghs! They are no better. Let the news out. Seems like the school is sweeping this under the rug.
Greeneville Wrkr

United States

#14 Jun 4, 2014
Everybody knows that it's Going to be National News. Teachers , from what I've heard have pushed this as far as the Capitol. I could write a bookie
Greeneville Wrkr

United States

#15 Jun 4, 2014
A book
Dog with Fleas

Brevard, NC

#16 Jun 4, 2014
FriendofDog wrote:
It would depend on the teacher if they were fired or not. It was at the very least a POOR lapse of judgment. However, if this teacher was a good teacher and didn't have any other blemish on their record, I'd put them on suspension and transfer them to another school. However, if there were any doubt about this teacher being around kids (pedophile, pervert, etc) then I'd fired them too. It just depends. I have not seen this story so I don't know the age or sex of this teacher. It would be easier for me to see a young teacher show out at prom than an old idiot too I guess. IMHO Also, did any other teacher go up to this teacher at prom and tell them to knock it off? Someone- either a parent instead of holding the video camera should have told them to take a hike. That's how I see it anyway.
You make too much sense to be in this town.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#17 Jun 4, 2014
Dog with Fleas wrote:
<quoted text>
You make too much sense to be in this town.
Greenville is really blessed to have her (farts). I hope other towns don't try to recruit her there (burps). We sure are lucky ( laughs).
Purple lady

Greeneville, TN

#18 Jun 4, 2014
Anne wrote:
Any comments on this. The parents of the students made video of the teacher drunk and dancing with the students in a sexual way.
If it isn't on Ch. 11 news, Youtube or The Greeneville Sun then it didn't happen.
Anne

Greeneville, TN

#19 Jun 4, 2014
I assure you - IT HAPPENED
humpdy

United States

#20 Jun 4, 2014
Anne wrote:
I assure you - IT HAPPENED
So what was Mrs Doty doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Every car in g-vegas with kayak on it 19 min Verlin Kruger 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 23 min whatimeisit 9,760
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 1 hr bang 42
A girl named telisha?? (Sep '15) 1 hr soulless 32
Our new president in 2017 will be... 4 hr Yancey 6
Chelsea Acker 6 hr noName 9
Cat got you tale? 6 hr whothehellcares- 24
UN military vehicles invading Virginia are we n... 8 hr BellaRosaLinda 41
LED lights 14 hr Binary 19

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages