Bachman Bernard Stole $7000 from me

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Christy

Blountville, TN

#1 May 16, 2012
Hi, Im Christy. I am a 21 year old girl and was trying to make a car purchase at Bachman-Bernard. They charged my credit card for $1750 FOUR TIMES!!!(totaling $7000). They were supposed to finance a car for me but they either forgot to do it or they lost my income documents. I went to the dealership 2 or 3 times to take them additional information. Now they are telling me the time has passed on the "deal" and they can't finance it. They won't give me my $7,000 back and they also broke into my house and stole the car out of my garage. I've been trying to get this dealt with for 4 months, but Im afraid someone there screwed up my loan, forgot to do it, or lost the paperwork (because they asked me AGAIN for the same stuff Ive already given them.)

I had to call the police to even get them to talk to me. They basically threw me out of the dealership and told me to come back in a week. When the police showed up, the denied knowing the whereabouts of the car. They also gave police a false phone number for Russ the General Manager. Finally the police helped me find the car and get my personal belongings out.(the dealership said they had no idea where the car was remember).

Now, I have no car and they won't give me the $7000 deposit back. Im not sure why, and they won't tell me. They tell me the person who can help me isn't there every time I ask. Anyone have any suggestions.
Well

Johnson City, TN

#2 May 16, 2012
Call the credit card company and explain it to them. Tell them they were not authorized to do the little more than $5000 charges.
Hmmmm

Charlotte, NC

#3 May 16, 2012
Why are you trying to buy a car on a credit card??? That was nuts in the first place.
Santa Clause

Antioch, TN

#4 May 16, 2012
My family has had bad dealings with those SOB's as well. What needs to be done to them cannot be discussed.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#5 May 16, 2012
first mistake: car shopping in greeneville. they just had one of their salesman. 61 yrs. old no less arrested this week for trying to buy pain meds. from a customer!!
Sure

Faith, NC

#6 May 16, 2012
And they are not going to break into your house to steal a car back!!!! I call bullshit on this one!
Christy

Blountville, TN

#7 May 16, 2012
I wasn't buying a car on a credit card. It was my checking account debit card.(I mistyped that- i just call it my credit card, actually a debit card) It was for the down payment.

I have disputed it with the bank today, however, it takes a MONTH before they have to reply back and they won't even know of the dispute at the dealership for 10 days. So that is at least 40 days before something might happen.

I imagine they will reply back to the bank saying they cannot give it all back because of wear and tear on the car and the pick up fees etc. To my knowledge you can only repo a car in default. The car wasn't in default because they never financed it and never asked me to pay any additional payment. If they had, I would have gladly paid.
Christy

Blountville, TN

#8 May 16, 2012
"Sure"... I have no reason to lie. They walked into my garage, started the car and drove off. No lie!
Sure

Faith, NC

#9 May 16, 2012
Just like the other post, that you made $235,000 and own 4 companies. If you made that much last year, then why in the hell are you trying to finance????? You're a bad liar!
Debit

Fort Campbell, TN

#11 May 17, 2012
Christy wrote:
I wasn't buying a car on a credit card. It was my checking account debit card.(I mistyped that- i just call it my credit card, actually a debit card) It was for the down payment.
I have disputed it with the bank today, however, it takes a MONTH before they have to reply back and they won't even know of the dispute at the dealership for 10 days. So that is at least 40 days before something might happen.
I imagine they will reply back to the bank saying they cannot give it all back because of wear and tear on the car and the pick up fees etc. To my knowledge you can only repo a car in default. The car wasn't in default because they never financed it and never asked me to pay any additional payment. If they had, I would have gladly paid.
I had received a fraudulant (spelling?) charge on my debit card just a couple of weeks ago with a company out of California. Once I filled out the necessary paperwork at my bank, my money was back in my account within 6 days. So hopefully it won't take that long for you to get your money. The banks just have to let you know the legal time frame that the company has. Good luck!!!
dont believe

Gallatin, TN

#12 May 17, 2012
Sure wrote:
Just like the other post, that you made $235,000 and own 4 companies. If you made that much last year, then why in the hell are you trying to finance????? You're a bad liar!
she also said she has dealt with this for 4 months.ok if that was true. your bank should already no al this info.and shouldnt take another 40 days.second of all.a company that big isnt gonna take that much money.and not supossed to. because they would get there butt sewed off.some thing is very fishy about all of this. im not a salesmen. but anyone with sense would no. you get your money back if the sale falls thru.and when i bought a car there. they didnt take my payment out of my account with a debit card. once my loan was approved. they waited 10 days and took the monet from my account. dont seem real they would take the money befor they new or not if you would get the loan.
Christy

Blountville, TN

#13 May 17, 2012
After having the cops, an attorney, my bank, and some other involved and another 5 hours of my day today- they finally did the right thing. But they put up road blocks at EVERY CORNER. Half the people in there looked stoned or on downers though. IDK what is up with this place. Im just glad I never have to deal with them again.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#14 May 17, 2012
yeah i got an "after lease" vehicle. was in perfect condition but could have bought the same one in morristown for thousands less. had good credit. they let me just leave with it, no questions asked. i got my payment schedule and truth is could have got it cheaper if i had put it on my discover card. deal was done. lesson learned. next suv i bought was from rusty wallace in morristown. big. bad. and the shiznit. and paid for! bachmans can kiss it where the sun dont shine!
donewithbachman

Nashville, TN

#15 Nov 3, 2012
I dont know if what christy said is true, but my story is true i assure you. i took my car to bachman for repairs that was not covered by the warranty. first time was charged nearly 300 dollars but they didnt fix it, took back second time, they suposedly fix it this time....NOT!! third time they actually did fix the problem...i hope... we shall see.... and they charged me almost 600 dollars the third time...for doin what should have been done the first time that i paid 300 dollars for. i asked why i had to pay 600 dollars more for something that i had already paid for,,,never got a straight answer...so i paid nearly a thousand dollars for a job that shoulda cost 300. but u either pay it or u dont get ur car back. i will never go there again ... i wont ever buy another a vehichle there. it just blows my mind that they can run a bussiness this way . are they all like that???
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Nov 3, 2012
Yes

“Listen, Think, Speak.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#17 Nov 3, 2012
Did the repair require additional parts? They may eat the labor charges but I doubt they'd eat any additional part costs.
what i would do

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Nov 3, 2012
young lady i would call a out of town lawyer and takr them to te bank
DOOLEY

Mount Juliet, TN

#20 Nov 3, 2012
What kind of retard buys a car on a credit card?
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#21 Nov 3, 2012
DOOLEY wrote:
What kind of retard buys a car on a credit card?
I know a couple in Virginia, that buy everything with a credit card.They pay it off each month. They get flyer miles for using it, and fly a heck of a lot for free. They are wealthy though.
GreeneNative

Rock Hill, SC

#22 Nov 3, 2012
My wife and I bought eight new vehicles from them over the course of fourteen years. I won't get into it, needless to say we had some very bad experiences with them. We've since bought more Nissans but not from Bachman's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I believe that god gave this country to the white 9 min racist southerner... 16
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 43 min Trunketeer 4,876
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 48 min Over it 16
Do you think there's people livening on the moon 53 min be real 6
What u usuly get at local restrants? 1 hr MCF 17
Jerry Ricker 1 hr just wondering 1
Ann Laposky 1 hr MCF 4
Another batch of Meth Heads arrested!!!! 10 hr Keynote 21

Winter Storm Warning for Greene County was issued at October 30 at 2:01PM CDT

Greeneville Dating