Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#2 Sep 9, 2013
Its all about the money anymore, greed has ruined the sport of racing.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#6 Sep 9, 2013
Like I have said before in another thread, two heat races and a main. Just like what got them there, Saturday night races at the local track, throw that money out there for a winner take all in the main and we will see some racing instead of a parade. They ride around for 90 percent of the "race" and may actually race the last 10 percent.
In the know

Faith, NC

#8 Sep 9, 2013
Clint bower sucks
WTH

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Sep 9, 2013
Races are all about drinking beer and acting like a redneck idiot.
ray

Mohawk, TN

#12 Sep 9, 2013
good, maybe we will see those gibbs yotas take it this year!!!
Stillfake

Greeneville, TN

#13 Sep 9, 2013
Who cares Jeff "the whiner" Gordon still got screwed outta the chase. And the last restart...well if that was hand given to good ole boy Carl Edwards. The fines didn't go far enough

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#15 Sep 9, 2013
Same oh Same oh wrote:
<quoted text>Boyer, the prime cheater got no punishment at all as the points are deducted before the chase, so what message does that send, I'll do it again because it doesn't cost me anything. Vickers, the dummy who didn't realize he was supposed to be cheating and had to be told how to do it, got no punishment because he was not in the chase. Truex did get punished and there is no evidence he did anything at all. Ryan Newman got rewarded, probably the only good thing coming out of Nascar these days. A $300,000 fine in a big multicar garage is a joke, that may be one or two toyota commercials, give me a break, we are talking about multi-multi billion dollar conglomerates, one commercial at the Super Bowl costs them twice that fine, give me a break. Jeff Gordon did not make the Chase so the cheating worked. It is obvious Nascar believes putting Newman in and taking Truex out solves the problem, wrong, I see a Federal Investigation and possible criminal penalties in the future. It is a federal crime to try and fix a sporting event, especially where gambling is involved.
My suggested solution from long ago: Suspend the driver, and crew for the next race; freeze the owner points for the season and fine the owner $5m--also withold all team purse winnings from the race in question. THAT would probably make a point.
Team Work

Greeneville, TN

#17 Sep 10, 2013
All I see in the mix is possible team work similar to what is needed to have a winning football team.

If fans and NASCAR don't like that team work, the big money, multi car teams should be broken up and return to the sport to the basics that helped make it great till big money and greed took over and have caused the beginning of the end of a good sport.

I once was a big NASCAR fan till the short tracks almost all closed and big money and greed started dominating. NASCAR should remember its roots. Who in their right mind allowed the Labor Day weekend race be anywhere except Darlington? Or weeds to grow at North Wilkesboro or Rockingham?
But yet we have ten people show up at a boring race in Texas, California, Kansas city, Chicago, etc.
Team Work

Greeneville, TN

#18 Sep 10, 2013
Same oh Same oh wrote:
<quoted text>Boyer, the prime cheater got no punishment at all as the points are deducted before the chase, so what message does that send, I'll do it again because it doesn't cost me anything. Vickers, the dummy who didn't realize he was supposed to be cheating and had to be told how to do it, got no punishment because he was not in the chase. Truex did get punished and there is no evidence he did anything at all. Ryan Newman got rewarded, probably the only good thing coming out of Nascar these days. A $300,000 fine in a big multicar garage is a joke, that may be one or two toyota commercials, give me a break, we are talking about multi-multi billion dollar conglomerates, one commercial at the Super Bowl costs them twice that fine, give me a break. Jeff Gordon did not make the Chase so the cheating worked. It is obvious Nascar believes putting Newman in and taking Truex out solvem, wrong, I see a Federal Investigation and possible criminal penalties in the future. It is a federal crime to try and fix a sporting event, especially where gambling is involved.
If NASCAR wants to rewrite history, why not go back and take away some questionable things in the past. How many Petty, Gordon, or Earnhardt victories or championships could be questioned? I say let the decision, right or wrong, about the victor be decided on the track. Do we want to start taking victories or championships to be taken away?

"Cheating" or team work is not new to NASCAR or any other sport. The big question is--is creatively playing the rule book cheating?
pedal to the metal

Scranton, PA

#19 Sep 10, 2013
Nascar nowadays is pussified. Back in the day, they banged, beat, scraped, spunout, wrecked and fought their way to a win however they could. Fans loved it. Drivers loved it. That was how it was done. Then they'd fight it out in the pits, get drunk together and do it all again the next weekend. Hell, let them race like they should be racing. It's Nascar not Pusscar, dummies.
blame game

Johnson City, TN

#21 Sep 10, 2013
Same oh Same oh wrote:
<quoted text>Many of us would love to rewrite history and have Nascar enforce its rules a little more. What a lot of fans don't know and Nascar doesn't tell is Dale Earnhardt was killed cheating by trying to block Sterling Marlin and allowing, who was it, how many of you true fans know who, Michael Waltrip to win the Daytona 500. The cheating worked, Michael won the 500 and Nascar lost a legend. If Nascar wishes to remain a sport, it must clean up its act or return to the old days and become entertainment. Gambling is serious business and having people do things illegally to force outcomes will lead to some people eventually going to prison and the demise of the sport I love dearly. Battle all you want, swap paint, punch each other out, but stop the cheating, it is a dead end road.
DALE died because he installed his own seatbelts. The mounting points he chose were not the best place but would have probably been ok but,

The angle that was created cause the belt to "dump" into one side on the metal bracket,this put all the stress one one side of the belt end that is inserted through the mounting bracket and sewed
Up making the belt loop that the bracket needs.

When all the stress of the impact made the loop slide to one side it tore and started a failure. The nylon actually melts from the huge amount of weightt.from the gforces

Before the truth was told why the belt failed SIMPSON was out of business for something he had not done.

If you look at where he mounted the belts it is plain to see it was not right. Why no one had the guts to tell the intimidator he was wrong makes you wonder why.

Atleast the safety walls came out of it, if it was someone other than DALE SR the walls would have stayed the same. We had already lost

KENNY IRWIN,ADAM PETTY,NEIL BONNET,RODNEY ORR, CLIFFORD. ALLISON several truck drivers like JOHN NEMACHEK ,

The tire war caused a lot,several drivers were crippled for like and unable to drive like ERNIE IRVIN,although he overcame and drove again till another concussion left him retired.

I think all those drivers would be alive with safe walls and the "HANS" device.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#22 Sep 10, 2013
Same oh Same oh wrote:
<quoted text>What Nascar did not address was Logano got in and Gordon was kept out because of cheating. How is it they can just pick one driver over another? The best solution would have been to let Logano, Truex, Newman and Gordon in and suspended Boyer and Vickers for the remainder of the year. That would have sent a message punishment, real punishment is awaiting you if you cheat. Of course the Chase 12 would have become the Chase 13 but who really cares how many they are as long as they get it right.
You have valid points.
Alex Jones best friend

United States

#23 Sep 10, 2013
Most people dont know this but Richard Petty was killed in a crash at Daytona in 1988. The puppet masters who pull the strings at Nascar corporate headquarters assassinated Richard Petty and replaced him with a robot that looks just like him.

That is exactly how far this goes, all the way to the top. The puppet masters will stop at nothing and are capable of everything.

Just watch the movie Freejack starring Emilio Estevez, or the original Robocop movie. Or an episode of the Bionic Man. These resources will explain in elaborate detail how someone can be assasinated and replaced with a robot.

Earnhardt, alan Kulwicki and richard petty were all assassinated by the puppet masters of Nascar.

Cheating is only the beginning. Nascar executives want it all, the whole world. It's not about fun or entertainment anymore, these puppet masters are playing with peoples' lives the same way you'd knock chess pieces off the table.
Team Work

Greeneville, TN

#24 Sep 12, 2013
Fire Darrell Waltrip wrote:
Darrel Waltrip has posted that Sunday's race was nothing but typical Nascar Racing. As a brother to the cheater that would be ok but as an analyst on TV it is inappropriate and he should be fired. Many analysts have been fired for much lesser comments. His brother should also be fired and banned from Nascar. We ban for drugs but we do nothing about blatant cheating and rigging races, how foolish. If nothing is done about this and I don't mean stripping of petty points and meaningless fines, then the federal government should step in and make Nascar declare itself entertainment and not sport as they did to pro wrestling and its rigged bouts. All of those gamblers who bet on Ryan Newman to win this race deserve to be told why their money was stolen by Michael Waltrip racing. The integrity of Nascar, which was already extremely low, has disappeared. Their prized CHASE is in total disarray and meaningless.
In view of new information, do you want to go after Penske Racing and Front Row Motorsports like you want to go after MWR? Were they not also "cheating" and manipulating the chase when Logano was let by Gilliland for position late in the race? The Ford boys seem to have done what the Toyota boys did.
fed up with nascar

Jonesborough, TN

#25 Sep 15, 2013
We need to go back to racing as it used to be. Stop trying to be like football and race. Stop this chase format. Give all drives a chance. Stop the start and park. Either race or don't. Things changes when big business took hold. Let's get back to the roots and put people back in the stands. I remember back in the early 80's going to a race for 15 bucks. Greed and the economy killing this sport.In Addition, If you allow multi teams you will encourage helping each other. This is not the first time this type of behavior has occured just first time enforced. NASCAR SUCKS
Barney

Greeneville, TN

#26 Sep 15, 2013
WWE > NASCAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I get on topix 1 hr fraud 63
Christy Garrett 2 hr Wokie Spoket 6
***** last post wins ***** 3 hr Kohlrabi 292
rice box 3 hr Skillz 14
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Melissa1333 5,059
d w i and u s nitrogen 3 hr Other side 7
Black Friday 4 hr josh 12
Tragedy 13 hr Trunketeer 10
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match